Install Arc
Options

AFKers/leechers in pvp getting out of hand

2»

Comments

• Options
    houseofcritzhouseofcritz Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is one option under review, but it's not a true fix.

AFK'ers still spend their time doing nothing (likely tabbed out, doing something else), and teams can still win without them even if it's less likely. These two factors mean it wouldn't stop an AFK'er from jumping into a Queued Map and waiting for a win so they can earn their Dilithium. Even if that only happens like 10% of the time, that's still 10% of their non-effort. It's a diminished amount, but in the end it means nothing to the type of player that employs this method of earning.

Additionally, players that try their hardest, and don't win, get nothing for their time & effort. If an AFK'er enters a match on their team, they are even less likely to win no matter how much they try.

So, in essence, restricting rewards to a Win condition punishes active players more than it punishes AFK'ers.

What about just giving the Feds missions like "Ship Killer" and " A good day to Die" .

" Ship killer"- Up the Dil reward to what you get for the Daily now.

" A good day to Die" Keep the dil where its at. If you make it as high as the normal one people will just run in with no shields just to die and get the the mission done. If its only 480 hopefuly people wont waste there time for just 480 dil. and people who try still get something for there time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote of the week:
    sollvax wrote: »
    a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
  • Options
    forjoatinxanforjoatinxan Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There's no shortage of ideas on this issue.

I posted one here that would completely solve the problem. The only question is whether Cryptic would make the effort to implement it.

-Forjo
    My oldest post (that I can find)
    Former Cryptic User #11424
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
  • Options
    naldorannaldoran Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What I'd *really* like to see: create a queue that requires a five-man team to enter, has triple standard dilithium rewards, but only hands out dilithium to the winners (or say, twice as much to the winners, so there is still a point to playing for the less skilled). This would do a lot to encourage people to team up, discourage afk'ers, and give us folks who dislike repetitious PvE grind like the STFs a nice way to earn dilithium...

As it is, the dilithium / hour is still worse for PvP than for STFs. You can run a space STF in 5-10 minutes for ~1K, but each pvp match requires at least that long, and you need to do three of them for 50% better rewards, leading to a worse dilithium rate.
    12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So, in essence, restricting rewards to a Win condition punishes active players more than it punishes AFK'ers.

What about scaling rewards to the number of abilities used?
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    So why not ban them for griefing? Why not the same for knowingly exploiting bugs? What good is that part of the ToS if it's not enforced?

Come off it. As long-term PvPers I'm sure most of us have been reported for cheating/h4xing/exploiting, not because we did any of that but because certain players just can't believe what we do is possible.

I remember when people were getting reported for using the voldemort shield bug, only for it to turn out they were getting confused due to the borg shield heal proc.

There are a good portion of newer players who are just too quick to leap to accusing people of exploiting.

Griefing however should be easily sorted. Ban someone who has 10-15 reports against him within a 3-4 day period.

I'm aware the afk/griefing solution will take a while to be implemented, but problem really needs to be sorted. It seems every match has an AFKer, sometimes more then one, in it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were AFKer Vs AFKer matches. Heck, I'm certain there are a few players who have macros set up to queue them for PvP.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kicked with a logout penalty if the player doesn't interact with their controls for 30 seconds. something impossible for any player actually participating to do. any afker wont be able to tab out if every 30 seconds he has to touch a button
  • Options
    maelwy5maelwy5 Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This is one option under review, but it's not a true fix.

AFK'ers still spend their time doing nothing (likely tabbed out, doing something else), and teams can still win without them even if it's less likely. These two factors mean it wouldn't stop an AFK'er from jumping into a Queued Map and waiting for a win so they can earn their Dilithium. Even if that only happens like 10% of the time, that's still 10% of their non-effort. It's a diminished amount, but in the end it means nothing to the type of player that employs this method of earning.

Additionally, players that try their hardest, and don't win, get nothing for their time & effort. If an AFK'er enters a match on their team, they are even less likely to win no matter how much they try.

I'm still in favour of the following:

If a player has been AFK for >XX seconds, give the remaining teammates access to a quick-and-dirty vote system e.g. "Is this person griefing? Yes/No". If all remaining teammates vote that the AFK'er is griefing, either kick them from the team or (my personal favourite) make their ship become targetable by both former-teammates and former-enemies for the remainder of the match, and have kills on them count for both teams...

Could equally apply for leechers in STFs (allowing both NPCs and former-teammates to get a crack at them).

;)
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
  • Options
    p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    Come off it. As long-term PvPers I'm sure most of us have been reported for cheating/h4xing/exploiting, not because we did any of that but because certain players just can't believe what we do is possible.

I remember when people were getting reported for using the voldemort shield bug, only for it to turn out they were getting confused due to the borg shield heal proc.

There are a good portion of newer players who are just too quick to leap to accusing people of exploiting.

Griefing however should be easily sorted. Ban someone who has 10-15 reports against him within a 3-4 day period.

I'm aware the afk/griefing solution will take a while to be implemented, but problem really needs to be sorted. It seems every match has an AFKer, sometimes more then one, in it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were AFKer Vs AFKer matches. Heck, I'm certain there are a few players who have macros set up to queue them for PvP.

I'm never wrote ban based on being reported alone. I wrote people should be banned for knowingly exploiting. This requires there be an actual exploit and a player being aware they are exploiting.

If they bothered to keep track of known bugs which are exploitable and logged when the bugged abilities are used, then they could have an automated mailing system send people warnings and eventually ban for multiple offenses.

The TBR bug would be very easy to track and even the multi boff ability should be trackable w/o too much effort.

They could have a GM appeal system if needed. It's not really that hard. If they do the datamining they claim they should already have the info, then it's a matter of scripts sifting for exploits, triggering a mail, and tracking offenses per account. All of that is doable off loaded from the main game server shard.

That said in another thread I did mention players report b/c at the moment that's all we have available.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
This discussion has been closed.