test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 7: Interiors

nazutannazutan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I've been hearing for the last couple of months that when Season 7 came out we would get improved Starship interiors. While we did get the Starbase Interior, and the Embassy, which are both amazingly detailed and accurate in what they should look like, I and many others would like Starship Interiors to be improved as well.

But instead of begging for it, why can't we look at subtle hints that Cryptic may be looking at to add into the Starships interiors, along with the functionality.

I noticed in the Embassy, that we can go to a ShuttleBay. And that it eventually will allow us to go from the Embassy to the Starbase. Which means the Starbase must be getting a ShuttleBay too, correct? Is this a clue that we may be able to Shuttle out of our ship soon?

I also noticed that the Embassy has a Conference Room. Will we get the Observation Lounge for the Starship? In the TOS interior, the lounge is also there. Why can we not just add the Lounge from the First Contact to the regular interiors.

And I'm sure everyone has noticed that we have the replicator function in the inventory. Why not add this function to the false-replicators to the Starship, as we did the Starbase?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by nazutan on

Comments

• Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure where or from who you heard that ship interiors were going to be upgraded in season 7, but the last official word on it was that they were waiting for some tech being developed for Neverwinter that they wanted to port to STO and use for ship interiors.

Actually with being able to pick a default shuttle now instead of having to go inside your ship to select it, that actually works against your theory about the shuttlebay with the embassy, but I personally hope your right.

Ship interiors have always seemed like this cavernous waste of missed opportunity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure they will put some effort into player interiors once player interiors really start having importance. Right now its only good for a quick stop.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You could make a whole game out of the Star Trek ship interiors. I am working with a few other players on a interior proposal you can find at the bottom of my signature. I would love to hear what you think. :D
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My understanding of Starship interiors is that they are currently waiting on some tech from Neverwinter to see if it will be compatible with STO so we can obtain customizable interiors. Want a Vulcan bridge and ship, then you can make one according to what you think a Vulcan interior looks like. Want to make your ship's interior to look like it has been assimilated, then you can add borg alcoves and that green glow as well as other features to make your ship look assimilated. Personally, I have never understood why people are running around with Borg equipment and the interior looks as pristine and Federation or Klingon looking as the day they obtained the ship. Of course, this system would be based around the Foundry system.
  • Options
    connectamabobconnectamabob Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is already a fed ship conference room/lounge set. It shows up a couple times in the True Way missions. Dunno why it's neither part of the standard ship interior map, nor available as a usable interior map in Foundry (yea gods, this would be a good Foundry resource to have).

While we're on the subject of fed ship interiors: the Oddy bridge. The in-game one is very, very "meh". The Foundry one is AMAZING, and incidentally, is also the one seen in the background during story mission cutscenes when the PC talks to Oddy captains. What's up with that? Why isn't the awesome Oddy bridge available to players in game?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    While we're on the subject of fed ship interiors: the Oddy bridge. The in-game one is very, very "meh". The Foundry one is AMAZING, and incidentally, is also the one seen in the background during story mission cutscenes when the PC talks to Oddy captains. What's up with that? Why isn't the awesome Oddy bridge available to players in game?

We do have the awesome Oddy bridge. Unfortunately for those without cash, they are unable to get it since it is from the C-Store Odyssey. The C-Store Bortasqu also have a cool and unique bridge.
  • Options
    nazutannazutan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    My understanding of Starship interiors is that they are currently waiting on some tech from Neverwinter to see if it will be compatible with STO so we can obtain customizable interiors. Want a Vulcan bridge and ship, then you can make one according to what you think a Vulcan interior looks like. Want to make your ship's interior to look like it has been assimilated, then you can add borg alcoves and that green glow as well as other features to make your ship look assimilated. Personally, I have never understood why people are running around with Borg equipment and the interior looks as pristine and Federation or Klingon looking as the day they obtained the ship. Of course, this system would be based around the Foundry system.

So basically just a different version of the Foundry? Have they said any word on if we'll get it prior or after Neverwinter's release?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    nazutan wrote: »
    So basically just a different version of the Foundry? Have they said any word on if we'll get it prior or after Neverwinter's release?

This is the only thing I have seen about this from June's Ask Cryptic
    Q: (Jared1701) Are there still plans to bring crafting, a working shuttle bay, and new mini games to ship interiors and if so when?

Dstahl: These items had shown up in previous Engineering Reports as designs we were discussing and wanting to put in the game, but are not currently being worked on. At this time, we are focused on Starbase interiors. Neverwinter is working on a Foundry addition to build custom interior spaces (room by room). Once this feature is done and ready, we will have the opportunity to import something similar into STO. At that time, we would consider opening up the ability for players to fully customize their own ship interiors room by room and prop by prop. That is a ways off at this point, though.

So my understanding is that they will have to wait until all or a portion of the Neverwinter Foundry is done, then STO devs need to see if that is compatible. If this tech is compatible, then it will still take a few months to make it STO worthy. After all, we can't use the same art assets as Neverwinter so new art will need to be developed. So the only way that STO would get this prior to Neverwinter's release is if there is some significant delay. I expect a 2013 release date for this to reach us. So Season 8 if we are lucky which should be out in Spring 2013 or Season 9 which should be out around late summer at the earliest.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You could make a whole game out of the Star Trek ship interiors. I am working with a few other players on a interior proposal you can find at the bottom of my signature. I would love to hear what you think. :D

I think it's a very elaborate proposal, albeit missing the one thing that validates ship interiors; travel.
    Like polishing up a car with no wheels on, sure it looks pretty but you know...