test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Season 7 - The End of Starbases and Fleets?

born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
So has your Starbase ground to a Halt? Do your once active fleets feel like ghost towns?

Only 3 days into the new season and it seems like everything is "quickly GRINDING to a halt"

tell us how your Starbase is going.

Tell Us how when a new season goes live - has your fleet disappeared?

And that embassy thing - is that every going to get done in your fleet - and why do people want it?

So who's filling the dilthium now?
Post edited by born2bwild1 on

Comments

• zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No more free dilithium?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i'm in several medium to large fleet and they are going fine. better than a week ago, thats for sure.

the changes to starbases have been better for everyone, as doff vendors give out doff types more evenly, dilithium requirements at tier 4 were lowered slightly and they no longer need greens and blues. chef and barman assignments dont require horrible foods and drinks. it was grinding to a halt before season 7 but now its all picked up again.
  • thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Does everyone forget that you DON'T NEED to get Tier 5 Starbases as fast as humanly possible? What's wrong with it taking a while, it was meant too. Enough whining about how its taking longer now that you can't get next to free dilithium anymore.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i'm in several medium to large fleet and they are going fine. better than a week ago, thats for sure.

the changes to starbases have been better for everyone, as doff vendors give out doff types more evenly, dilithium requirements at tier 4 were lowered slightly and they no longer need greens and blues. chef and barman assignments dont require horrible foods and drinks. it was grinding to a halt before season 7 but now its all picked up again.

^^^
    Pretty much this for my Fleet as well. And actually, our Embassy is moving ahead at a good pace too atm.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • kimjongpwekimjongpwe Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Small fleet of 5... all but dust in the wind.
  • adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited November 2012
    Lol, it wouldnt matter if Cryptic made STO send electrical shocks through your mouse if you didnt spend 20 dollars every 40 minutes, fanbois would STILL find a way to defend them. Rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • larouche55larouche55 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Progress has slowed considerably due to the fleet-mark requirements in our mid-sized fleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avarseiravarseir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    adon333 wrote: »
    Lol, it wouldnt matter if Cryptic made STO send electrical shocks through your mouse if you didnt spend 20 dollars every 40 minutes, fanbois would STILL find a way to defend them. Rofl

Much like critics will always find a way to criticise and attack the game?

I'm sorry but I couldnt resist :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    adon333 wrote: »

omg soooooo this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • herbie1966herbie1966 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Perhaps the smaller ones anyway.

Which one could assume that is what Cryptic wanted to begin with.

This was always meant to be used by 25 people in a group (or more)...

Anyone trying to do it with less, is just bucking the system.

It can be done, but don't expect any sympathy for your attempt.

I have a solo/alt fleet which I got just for the extra Bank Slots...

Once in a while I drop a little bit of stuff into the Grinder, but I really don't expect to accomplish much with it.
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    Our starbase has slowed down a lot

Lack of confidence I'n cryptic the biggest factor
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Currently manned by 3, but actually two of us working it now. Just finished the sub teirs to Lvl 1, in Tact, Eng, and Sci, now working to get the SB to Teir 1. (halfway there)
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
    edited November 2012
    to the one above me that YOUR fleet not the OP fleet wow some of ppl on here....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Naw, two of us still chugging along.

All Tier 1 with Sci only 1750 away from Tier 2; Eng not far behind at 20250 XP; and Mil running a close third at 19250 XP.

Here for the trip, not the destination.
    Are we there yet?
    edited November 2012
    and in English this means.....?

aw the school poe poe is out every one run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sadly, our fleet of around ~10 has started to grind to a halt. We were relying on the daily Foundry mission for Fleet Marks. We just can't play those Fleet mark missions anymore, they're so boring to do over and over again. But when you need 900 marks per project that's an hour+ worth of work for a group of 5 (if its during bonus time).

We don't mind if the base takes awhile to get to Tier 4 but even if we do this EVERY day it's going to take 2 months to get one area to T4. So 6 months to get them all. And then we'll need another 150k XP each group to get to T5. That's 18 months. Of running Fleet mark missions for an hour, every day. Every day we don't do it is another day to completion. And it's already going to take two years.

We've all but given up. The path ahead is just to daunting.
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I haven't noticed a difference at all.

Actually, that's not true. We just did our Tier 4 science upgrade, I think it was 900k dilithium. We filled it in a day, normally that would have probably taken 3 or more days.
    edited November 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    I haven't noticed a difference at all.

Actually, that's not true. We just did our Tier 4 science upgrade, I think it was 900k dilithium. We filled it in a day, normally that would have probably taken 3 or more days.

then your in a big fleet or some one has a big bank account
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    daan2006 wrote: »
    then your in a big fleet or some one has a big bank account

3-5 on in the morning, 10-15 or so in the evening. I wouldn't consider it too huge, it's a Klingon fleet after all. Our sister federation fleet has 3-5x more people
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    :)

/10 char

Tks.

Reread original post and further,

Embassy, poking around at it, gonna give recruitment a shot for the extra doff assignment slots (more dil my boy!) and Rommy Boff, but those threat scaling sci consoles look intriguing....

Rep sys cool too... Plasma flame thrower... might be handy when strolling the lesser used roads on New Romulus...

Dilithium, run those projects while building doffs back up, or sometimes no projects at all... oh my!

We went hard core at the start and soon realized that we'll get there when we get there, or not, just have fun doing it.
    Are we there yet?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For the most part, my Fleets (KDF and Federation) are taking a vaction from Fleet Mark Grinding.

With Season 7, Starbase projects have gotten easier with the DOFF requirement being cut in half and the Bartender project no longer asking for Ale and Rotgut (BTW Cryptic, what you going to do with these missions now that nobody needs them?) Not to mention its easier to buy common fleet DOFFs and use them.

But when it comes to Embassies, we stopped after a few days. Because the Dilithium costs is just not in our favor as a small fleet. Even moreso the severe Costs that is involved with Tier 1's requirement, asking for 50 Uncommon Civilian DOFFs. (You realize how much Dilithium it's going to take just to ge 50 Uncommon Civilian DOFFs?)

Really disappointed Cryptic thinks so little of small fleets. So we are going play TOR F2P (for the story_ and only spending a few hours in STO for the Reputation system.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cidstorm wrote: »
    Dilithium all has all but stopped flowing

This.

I was actually optimistic that season 7 would be GOOD for the starbase because we would have missions that gave both dilithium and fleet marks. Obviously, things didn't quite work out how we thought they would.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    On the plus side, DOFFs are a lot cheaper now than they were a month ago. I'm personally disappointed in that (was making a couple million EC daily off it) but its good for some people.
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Very interesting to hear some stories of fleets doing better - so those guys are your fleets becoming more active?

Also speaking to several fleet leaders one of the reasons I have heard that things on the dilthium front are still moving is that lots of members cashed out HUGE amounts of Borg stuff for dilthium before the change and have a big backlog now - but how are things going to be in a few weeks when the wells start to run dry?

Should be interesting to follow.:P
  • jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In 21 hours my fleet will be fully tier 2 and working our way to Tier 3 in tactical.

The grind isn't too bad, and we are only a handful of active contributors to the fleet projects, most of our membership does not donate much, and that is okay, donations are not mandatory.

Season 7 is a'okay, requirements for Doffs and other items have gone down to be reasonable, Fleet Doffs are coming more balanced, and over all the Embassy projects don't seem that demanding.

We'll be Tier 5 sometime before Season 10, but that is fine, STO is a game after all.

Jim
  • bugshubugshu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    We all knew that season 7 was going to be bad for fleets and increase the strain upon them. Season 7 was a knife gut shot to season 6 and Cryptic intended it to be.

Once clickers were removed this increased the strain 1000%. Season 7 was going to bring in competition for dilithium. Clicker removal made fleet marks a problem for fleets as well.

Even if players can go buy zen and convert it to dilithium there isnt a lot of replacement for fleet marks. And many players just do not like the fleet mark missions. For fleets under 25 active players the grind is horrific.

The common recurring thread for the last few seasons has been to drop something that would result in people needing to buy more stuff ie doff packs or to increase the grind.

It would be nice if they would release a season that made the game easier and more fun for the players. Constantly increasing the grind does not make it more fun for players. Holding more carrots to chase 6 inches in front of my nose does not mean Im eager to attend Mule Day if Im the one pulling the wagon.

I really dont think most players fully understood the screeching braking action of fleet progression once clickers, fleet marks, and dilithium was sharply curtailed in the game.

A lot of small fleets or groups of people had dreams of splitting from a fleet - opening a new one - and progressing. I think it was good for the game. Thats probably dying now. Even some of the larger 350+ member fleets that Im in are scratching their heads about sucky 7. The smaller ones under 15 members active are just almost resigning themselves to punting dreams of fleet base progression. It aint going to happen - ever. Even the guys that buy $100 worth of zen a month cant bully up enough fleet marks to move their starbase projects forward.... but wait ... might not be long till someone comes up with a fleet mark for zen exchange .... lol ....
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The biggest problem I think a lot of people have is that a lot of fleets have become all about the starbase and not about the people - Cryptic seems to be feeding this with the constant add on of things.

Add to that and they are gating content behind these functionless space castles and you have players turning the fleet thing into a job - no wonder there are so many people going awol in fleets.
  • tjexcimer500tjexcimer500 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well, my small fleet hasn't bothered to queue up the ridiculous disco floor. For the first time, I personally did not do so and immediately fill it with 200k dilithium as with the previous special projects.

My main concern is not so much the dilithium, but the fleet marks - previously we could do some clickies to acquire marks to feed into the starbase (which was great, b/c aside from Role-playing with my guild, I'm not into doing quick MP shoot-em-up fleet actions or STFs). Without that the projects are just sitting there waiting on fleet marks :(

I can only imagine a few medium sized fleets or greater continuing to build, and a "strip-mall" effect on all the small fleet run stations mostly abandoned across the neutral zone.

My small fleet's starbase made its way almost to level 2... most likely we'll get there some day but I doubt we'll ever advance any further beyond.

Our base building went from "Hours instead of days! ... minutes instead of hours!" to months instead of days and years instead of month.

Is this a "whine"? No. It's the way it is - someone asked how it affected our fleets and I'm replying.

:mad:
    There are Four Lights... say no to ARC
    Fleet: 1st Order of Role-Players' Guild - gaming together since 2004
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I own the Aggressive Negotiations fleet and pre-season 6 launch we were at 15 people. Then between college starting up and people getting bored of the season 6 content a couple of weeks into it we dropped to 8 people. THEN the information about season 7 started come out and BOOM, they took one look at the dil requirements and off for the hills they went running, most finally fed up with the constant grind the end game content has become left the game completely, now down to 2 people.

The 1 click dailies were a HUGE resource for us smaller fleets, not only in fleet marks but also a little shot of dilithium. Some people can only play for an hour or two during the week and the last thing they want to do it grind out resources for some sink system.

There definitely needs to be some type of "Alliance" system where we smaller fleets can pool our resources to help each other. I've still got over 500 fleet marks just sitting waiting to be used because it takes so long to grind out the dilithium needed for the projects, and I'm sure on the other hand there's someone on a another small fleet that probably has dilithium just sitting around or some other resource I don't have.

On top of all that we lost a huge EC resource in the STF loot drops as well. Why devote an entire season to this huge elaborate Fleet system only to sabotage it in the next season.

And to anyone that says just recruit more fleet members......yeah been trying. Everyone either wants in with the huge fleets or is still buying into Cryptic saying that small fleets can progress through the fleet system no problem.

One of the biggest aspects about Star Trek is the Mighty Federation of Planets, all working together for the betterment of all, well damn it Cryptic give us fleets some way of doing just that. You can't tell me with all the people you've got working for you now that you can't come up with some type of add-on to the fleet system were little to no exploitation of something like this could happen. For that matter I've got this to ask, When you're giving out information about fleet sizes and how you're looking over the data, are you looking at fleet sizes as a whole (including alts) or the actual amount of people without alts??

If nothing else make fleet marks and dilithium account bound but only transferable through shared bank space so you're getting your c-store micro-transaction for the account shared bank space from us f2p and give us a spot on the forums for fleet alliances and we'll do the rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]