test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A perspective from our fleet members

13»

Comments

• fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    First things first, the Dilithium side of the Fleet projects has stopped, players nw want to keep the D for themselfs, i can not blame them.

Season 7 is a complete fail in our eyes, it has killed the game.

Thing is we loved the old STF style, we loved hanging around DS9, doing a few runs to get Salvage to buy and test other weapon types, i imagined them just opening another Alcove/Shop with newer STF's as the game progressed.

All they had to do was add to the system and fix the drop rates.

But they completely went the other way against the players wishes.

Who the hell is going to run Infected Ground? there is no need at all. It is even more pointless now.

Adding D to Feel actions was nice, but they should have left STF as it was and added a Accolade to complete all Fleet Actions with a final reward, trophys etc.

New Romulas:
    Is this a joke? there is nothing there.
    The Quests there are likethe area secondary ones, where are the main ones.
    It needs like a Queen RadScorpian quest, a wandering Elite etc, it badly needs big main quests.
    Visit it once then never go back, they havent got these ground invasions right since Defera.

It feels like we have another SWG on our hands, too late to go back now, but the big problem is that most things are now pointless and most dont know what to do ingame as it is majorly boring.

To relieve this boredom we even started to goto Kerrat again, my god they not even fixed this place in 3years, sadly it is going/gone downhill faster than ever before.
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    People may think they have less now, but are people taking in to consideration the fact that there are new sets, new captain abilities/powers, new missions, new sector space in addition to new gameplay systems or are they just looking at the now with no consideration for the bigger picture?

People aren't overlooking this... its the process to get the new items is harder than before.

When working toward fleet projects and/or personal advancement there were instant gratifications, equipment drops, as well as dilithium provisioning.

The system as it stands is hey look in 4 months it'll be really great, until then your just feel like your standing still and we've made the process feel harder to get there.

The instant gratification ie, equipment drops, smooth flowing mark providing v what is required, and each tier of a starbase requires more fleet marks per project than the previous. Enough dilithium to spare for personal use and aloocation to development of starbase.

The instant gratification has been removed, until it has been returned people won't wait for the 4 months of grind to get the end content.

Never mind end game content what about day to day content is just as important. Until this is more balanced people aren't feeling any feel good factor.

Quite simply there needs to be some balance put in the game between having day to day reward content not just focusing on the end content.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    xsharpex wrote: »
    it's Very Nice That Some People Are Enjoying What Season 7 Has To Offer. That's Fine And Dandy, However, It Does Not Give Them Or Anyone Else The Right To Dismiss The Growing Dissent Among The Game's Population. You Might Be Happy Not, But How Happy Will You Be When This Game Becomes Star Trek Offline?

Most Of Us Fight And Argue Because We Truly Love Playing This Game And Want It To Survive. We Don't ***** And Moan To Hear Ourselves Speak, But Are Fighting For A Cause That We Would Like To See Rectified. Klingons Not Getting A Fair Shake Not Your Cause, No Problem. Pvp Inbalance Not Your Cause, No Problem. Just Don't Fight Us Every Step Of The Way, Because It Doesn't Affect You. You Have Your Opinions And We Have Ours. We're Fighting To Improve Aspects Of This Game. What Are You Fighting For?

+ 1 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ All Of It ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    patrickngo wrote: »
    Since Tuesday night, the damn number's dropped to where 6 is a big number, and four of them don't speak english.

Everyone else who WAS on in the late hours has, apparently, since the new system hit 'live', found other things to do.

Further, I've NEVER seen ques as empty for PvE as I'm seeing in the timeframe

There's been many people till thursday and since then many people are playing SWTOR, and they'll come back as soon as they see that sto's endgame content and F2P is heaven in comparison. There's also an event on EVE iirc.

Less people online doesn't mean the update sucks. I often see more than 40 instances (one instance = 50 people) on New Romulus. Most of the times, 2/3rd of my contacts are also on new romulus. I think it's quite significant: people enjoy it. You may not, but anyway, so many people playing it means it's a successful update. Like it or hate it, that's your buisness. :P

On a personal note I don't mine anymore if the gate to get my gear is dilithium instead of the holy proto tech, it's so easy to make ****tons of it with season 7 that I couldn't care less. The starbase has always been optional to me, we don't even need to upgrade them: their rewards suck hard and are meaningless.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited November 2012
    I'm not defending anyone else but my opinion. Everyone else seems to be doing it. Far more aggressively than I am, by the way. Why, do you think I don't have the right to?

Let see ... :

Cryptic seems to think that it's ok that its ok to take away my STF awards and award me less for my time . (if this was a job that'd be a paycut by the way)
    Cryptic seems to think it's ok to extend my time in game to get the same awards I got before .
    And according to the award scheme S.7 started with , it seemed that Cryptic also thought it was a good idea to herd me to FA's by offering a big juicy carrot there .

You have the tight to defend all of this .
    For all I know you may love it .

So I'm curios ... . If you love it so much , why are you not ingame , having fun .... or getting toyed with by Cryptic (depending on your pov) ?

See , my pov is clear .
    I'm not in game . I let my words and my actions speak for me .

You ... ototh ... -- well let's just sat that I've found your equaling of the clicky awards with the STF awards in this thread to be mildly disturbing at best , and not at all a sign of a balanced and mature mind .

And that's what I think of your opinion .
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Let see ... :

Cryptic seems to think that it's ok that its ok to take away my STF awards and award me less for my time . (if this was a job that'd be a paycut by the way)
    Cryptic seems to think it's ok to extend my time in game to get the same awards I got before .
    And according to the award scheme S.7 started with , it seemed that Cryptic also thought it was a good idea to herd me to FA's by offering a big juicy carrot there .

You have the tight to defend all of this .
    For all I know you may love it .

So I'm curios ... . If you love it so much , why are you not ingame , having fun .... or getting toyed with by Cryptic (depending on your pov) ?

See , my pov is clear .
    I'm not in game . I let my words and my actions speak for me .

You ... ototh ... -- well let's just sat that I've found your equaling of the clicky awards with the STF awards in this thread to be mildly disturbing at best , and not at all a sign of a balanced and mature mind .

And that's what I think of your opinion .

I'm sorry you don't like it. I respect your opinion, however whether you believe me or not I happen to love season 7. Am I defending cryptic? No, I am defending my opinion of supporting season 7. Selfishly, all I care about is whether I like the current state of the game.

Why am I not on? Usually I'm on for a few hours every day. I'm not going to be on for a week though as I'm doing a road trip from New Mexico through Colorado. I'm an Aussie living in the US and I take every opportunity to see as much of this land before I move to the next country. (No, I won't take a laptop and play on the road. When I'm on holiday I do nothing but holiday.)
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic and PWE know that STO is dying--they mean for it to. They are in the process of squeezing out every last penny they can between now and its ultimate collapse because this is the way businesses are run these days: "Today we burn and pillage here, tomorrow we find another town." This game is a lost cause because those in charge have made a conscious decision that it should be disposable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ukkorbyukkorby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well said!

I've been playing this game since release, I've remained faithful to STO even through the Atari days when it was a complete shambles, I think S7 had forced the fun out of the game. I feel very guilty writing this but i'm being honest, PW I bet there was somebody on your team of developers who did not agree with your decisions...you should of listened to them and shame on you who got jobs with PW through these forums for letting it happen...where is your voice!?
    edited November 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »
    Cryptic and PWE know that STO is dying--they mean for it to. They are in the process of squeezing out every last penny they can between now and its ultimate collapse because this is the way businesses are run these days: "Today we burn and pillage here, tomorrow we find another town." This game is a lost cause because those in charge have made a conscious decision that it should be disposable.

I disagree. If they were looking to wind down the game there wouldn't have been so much effort put in to season 7.
  • sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    New Romulus is very pretty, but static scenery is a lot easier to code than interactive. The "collect 10 of X" missions aren't much different than the ground missions you used to do in the various Clusters, Expanses, etc. Ditto for the Tau Dewi space missions; slap a new skin on an old code and have done with it. I get the feeling that NR is a placeholder, and that PW may roll out -- eventually -- more interactive storyline content. Of course that depends on if they think they can coax us to pay more for it. Given the way the new Rep, Mark and Embassy system is structured, and the way the old system has been gutted, I don't have much hope.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • cptniteusercptniteuser Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fleet projects at a standstill all over the place why?

Grind...Grind...Grind...

Anyone want to buy a Tier 2.5 Fleet?

because me and my fleet members don't like the endless slave labor we are bribed into anymore. Our smaller fleet of about 10 active players went to 1 active player since endless FM grinds became active, because they not like the GRIND JOBS and QUIT, its just not fun any more!

Players are now put in grinder thanks!:mad:

Save the game : Please lower the fleet marks required to complete projects based on active fleet members.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admiralandyadmiralandy Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Fleet projects at a standstill all over the place why?

Grind...Grind...Grind...

Anyone what to buy a Tier 2.5 Fleet?

because me and my fleet members don't like the endless slave labor we are bribed into anymore. Our smaller fleet of about 10 active players went to 1 active player since endless FM grinds became active, because they not like the GRIND JOBS and QUIT, its just not fun any more!

Players are now put in grinder thanks!:mad:

Save the game : Please lower the fleet mark required to complete projects based on active fleet members.

Best suggestion I saw put forward and regrettably I can't remember the forumites name was to have officer of the watch daily provide 50 fleet marks instead of 5.

I also agree with the idea of reducing fleet mark requirements as has been done with dilithium requirements.

My fleet size is about the same and were at a standstill as regards projects been completed. Everything is filled for the most part except for fleet marks. On 4 projects. We were halfway through our mk 3 industrial fabricator upgrade so completing that is sat there too.

This release has been a complete farce with no balance or thought. As for trying to push us into buying dilithium with zen, I just don't think dilithium is worth the price you can buy with zen right now.

All the time upping the ante on what you require dilithium for. I can hardly begrudge players saving there hard earned dilithium for themselves when so much more needs it from the reputation systems. Which means starbases are hung on dilithium even more. Soon as we get fleet marks boosted give it a few days and wait for more posts about dead fleets because of dilithium.

Why has dilithium not been added to Fleet Alert, or Starbase Blockade. I count those as fleet actions, names kinda on the tin isn't it?
    edited November 2012
    I disagree. If they were looking to wind down the game there wouldn't have been so much effort put in to season 7.

The art team put that effort in .
    Do you see any great technical innovations in S.7 ?
    I don't .

The numbers team mean while took the choke hold to Dilithium , while the EP came about to tell us how all this was for "our own good" .
    I'm still waiting for those "many new ways" to earn Dilithium btw . :rolleyes:
  • anshraanshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would also like to say, that our fleet projects have ground to a cataclysmic halt, as we can no longer obtain Fleet marks from enjoying Foundry missions (as the foundry is disabled)

While this has led to a resurgence in our member base Rp'ing in the Secret World, it could very possibly mean a ghost town fof our STO fleet, if something isnt sorted about Fleet mark acquisition, and fleet mark costs of projects.

Ansrza Tidion@Ansrza,

Admiral, U.S.S. Desperado RP Fleet.
    - Into the jaws of hell.
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    anshra wrote: »
    I would also like to say, that our fleet projects have ground to a cataclysmic halt, as we can no longer obtain Fleet marks from enjoying Foundry missions (as the foundry is disabled)

While this has led to a resurgence in our member base Rp'ing in the Secret World, it could very possibly mean a ghost town fof our STO fleet, if something isnt sorted about Fleet mark acquisition, and fleet mark costs of projects.

Ansrza Tidion@Ansrza,

Admiral, U.S.S. Desperado RP Fleet.

I have been playing the game most of the week.... here is one suggestion, collapse the currencies..... I have Omega Marks coming out of my nose. Instead of all these crazy marks, just have Fleet Marks across Omega, Romulan, and Starbase/Embassy projects. I dont have enough Fleet Marks, but i have the other marks that I can't use.... and yes, I am using the Reputation System for the given marks.

In other words, use Fleet Marks for all rewards (and of course Dil) and projects instead of the 3-mark currency mess. I am hearing all over STO the difficulty with getting Fleet Marks.

The fun factor of this game is becoming smaller and smaller.

Thx
    Locutus
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    l0cutus359 wrote: »
    I have been playing the game most of the week.... here is one suggestion, collapse the currencies..... I have Omega Marks coming out of my nose. Instead of all these crazy marks, just have Fleet Marks across Omega, Romulan, and Starbase/Embassy projects. I dont have enough Fleet Marks, but i have the other marks that I can't use.... and yes, I am using the Reputation System for the given marks.

In other words, use Fleet Marks for all rewards (and of course Dil) and projects instead of the 3-mark currency mess. I am hearing all over STO the difficulty with getting Fleet Marks.

The fun factor of this game is becoming smaller and smaller.

Thx
    Locutus

That's exactly what was done before, and how we ended up with Dilithium. And yet, we are now returning to the very thing that a universal currency was made to fix. I do see a mish mash of the marks coming sometime, maybe we'll get antimatter or deuterium as a currency and then eventually combine it with Dilithium and end up with a Warp Plasma currency. This is the problem with having too many currencies.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited November 2012

This, a thousand times this. We have a ridiculous number of currencies in this game considering it exists in a universe where currency has been by and large abolished.

It would also give people a use for the fleet marks that they have amassed that are not needed in the fleet for whatever reason, or use those reputation points while the projects are on the (ridiculously long) cool down period.
  • somriksomrik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    duaths1 wrote: »
    yeah, the marks... we were grinding today nukara for 4 hours with a fleet friend (plus some fleet actions) - got some 200 points. TOGETHER.

and we have 5 projects to feed. plus the 2 upgrades. (4x210, 2x420, 1100 fleet marks needed)

you do not expect us to grind now the same stuff for 3 weeks just to advance these missions cryptic, are you?

solution - split accounts with more than 12 characters (or 10, or whatever). let them pay for their free dill and get the "Fleet Marks" party started again!

I don't see why a toon could not see some free 50 Fleet Marks JUST FOR LOGGING in.
    A DAY.

Officer of the Watch. Up that reward to 50. Bam.
    edited November 2012
    I like this idea. +1 from me.
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nicha0 wrote: »
    I have a feeling most of the resource removals are based on the multi character exploits. It would have been wiser to remove the ability to transfer huge amounts of dilithium across characters instead of penalizing every player in the game. You made the wrong decision, it will cost you. It was probably easy enough to do, create a 2nd style of zen where once its been converted once it can't be again and gets character bound on the dil exchange.

I agree with you except for that... do it and building a second character will be harder and more expensive. The same is happening now: you have several king of marks so if you have several characters you have to repeat many times sft, romulan missions, fleet action. That's why the game is getting boring and why we have the feeling "s7 is a new job". You do not play that missions because you want fun with your friend, you play that missions because it's the only way to go on... You are forced to play a few missions and repeat it for each character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • captainbradycaptainbrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nicha0 wrote: »
    I wanted to post some feedback that I hear in our fleet from those that don't normally enter the forums. We all know that forum users are a tiny percentage of the playerbase so their opinion is often excused as not entirely valid.

As someone who is now leading a medium sized fleet of 75 members I have a lot to deal with, I didn't join wanting to be in this position but here I am. When I hear of fleet member's concerns about the changes I have no positive answers to give them.

At the start of season 6 we'd have over 20 members on at a time, up to 30, by the end of season 6 the number was down, to be expected, to around 10 or so average but still peaking over 20. During season 7 so far it is 4-5, except for the first night but they dropped like flies early in the night.

The fleet is very average, we try to increase members skills but many are just very casual players. Over the time I see nearly all of them playing STFs and none are doing older fleet actions, we often play together on STFs, fleet actions for marks, and other activities. I do like to think our fleet is special, we have a lot of close people, and we play together frequently, it isn't just a chat room, we work together and achieve goals.

The comments I see from PMs and in fleet chat are like this....

New Romulus comments
    "New Romulus is gorgeous but there is nothing to do. "
    "New Romulus is boring, what a waste"
    "Whats the point of New Romulus?"
    There are a dozen variations on this, why so much development time if there is no content here?

The most concerning comments are:
    "I already have a job, I don't want another"
    we got one last night "well this looks like it for me, this isn't even fun anymore"
    "This feels like I'm working"
    Basically, people don't want to work, then come home to relax and have to work again. This is a game not a job, but S7 really has turned it into a job. I am not having any fun either, which means as a company you have failed.

"They took stuff away from everything I like to do"
    "I don't want to play fleet actions"
    "I don't understand the reputation system"
    "Why don't I get any loot?"
    "What is a reputation system?"
    The average player has no clue WTH happened in S7. They are annoyed and frustrated.

Our starbase is nearly T4, we have been making steady progress, about 1k xp a day on average weekdays and 2k on weekends. Thats over. We don't get enough marks for one project a day now. Our fleet use to run Defera nightly in groups to get some marks, but now we are getting 60% of what we used to there, so that is basically out. Officer Reports is gone so those marks are out for the very casual players who used to be able to contribute a little, now can't contribute anything. This makes people feel useless.

So 3 days in, and we have already instead of a player increase, we are down 50% active, I'll admit my time in game is at 50% as well, I'm saying to myself "Whats the point?" We have players, good awesome people, so down by the changes they are leaving. We have a lot of players on the fence, there are so many complaints that the game feels like work and they don't want that stress, I know we'll lose more.

So what mistakes were made?
    New Romulus - Gorgeous but pointless, its vast, its empty, its boring. So many hours put into creating something that just isn't worth it. It can be fixed..

STFs - Other than the crazy difficulty change, whats the point for having 8 different missions now? Its all bland, its the same thing. Lockboxes sell because of gambling, STFs were played because of the same reason, now there is no real point. Bring instant gratification back, make people EXCITED again. The vault wasn't played before because it was a low quality grinding reward, don't turn STFs into the same thing.. well you already did, but don't keep it that way.

Dilithium and marks - Obviously changed to make the game more profitable, it will undoubtedly backfire and create fewer players, these things tend to chain react. You made the game into a resource grind, its a job, you need to grind onto every resource there is to get less than before. It isn't fun, its work. Here is some news. The people that pay your bills are the mature working class, this is a lot of our fleet, we have income to spend on fun games. What people don't want is to come home from work, to unwind by working harder on a game. If you lose the people that pay, the F2P will not have ways to earn their money.. its a balance all F2P games need.

I have a feeling most of the resource removals are based on the multi character exploits. It would have been wiser to remove the ability to transfer huge amounts of dilithium across characters instead of penalizing every player in the game. You made the wrong decision, it will cost you. It was probably easy enough to do, create a 2nd style of zen where once its been converted once it can't be again and gets character bound on the dil exchange.

Reputation system - The casual players are completely clueless what this is, how to use it, that it even exists. What a terrible non-introduction.

Removal of efficiency - Sometimes its OK to have time limited missions to gain things faster than other ways. By removing B'Tran and the console clicking you essentially killed off the ability of the casual player to log on, spend less than an hour online and get stuff done. This complaint is 2nd only to the "feels like a 2nd job" complaint, and directly tied to it. Whats the big deal if every 24 hours someone could double up on a single dilithium mission? Its not even a 20 hr daily, its 24 hrs which means you are going to miss the recycle time and push it further back each day missing some. When progress feels lost, people quit games, not just here but everywhere.

Ultimately, I doubt I'll get a response to this, I doubt it will affect anything. I love change, but this wasn't a good change. I do really want to keep playing, to have our fleet online and having fun again, working together to achieve goals; but the morale after just 3 days is frightening.

I thought this was a very sincere and hearfelt post. I can relate. My fleet is smaller than yours, but we were making tremendous progress up until season 7. The launch has caused at least a 50% drop in playing time as with your fleet. It has also caused one of our founders to leave. Basically the rest of the officers and myself didn't want to do base or embassy projects anymore becasue PWE removed a lot of the sources of dilithium, and they now require a 1000 dil input for general recruitment (also needed for those massive amounts of doffs. One decided to leave because he wanted to keep doing it. So yeah new season is very personal. I have to admit, I'm in a very tough position. One one hand, Terran Empire Special Forces is my fleet. I am the original founder, and I feel obligated to be there for my fleet members and I don't want to abandon them. At the same time, the game is no fun for me anymore. It feels exactly like a job. I come home from my incredibly stressful paid job to my incredibly stressful unpaid job....Good work PWE. I like the guys I'm gaming with. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just ask if they'd like to start another MMO with me. I'll miss it though. I'm a huge trekkie and an even bigger fan of the mirror universe.. Thanks a lot PWE for ruining a perfectly good game.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    endafresh wrote: »
    The mere fact that they still require even subscribers to buy from the cash shop to unlock certain features like increased bank/inventory is just ridiculous!

Subscribers had to pay for those things in the cash shop before F2P as well.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".