test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Buying Zen with EC

lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hey boys and girls, did you know you could buy zen with energy credits? Thats right, I said you can buy zen with energy credits. Want to know how? Follow these simple steps:

1) Earn some energy credits.

2) Buy some contraband.

3) Turn in contraband for dilithium.

4) Exchange dilithium for zen.

And there you have it folks: EC to Zen! Now dont say I never did anything for you :P
Post edited by lillithiae on

Comments

• njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I already do this, especially now considering that getting Dilithium is much more of a grind now with Season 7 released.
    Shush! They'll hear that we are using Contraband to gain more Dilithium than a STF mission and nerf it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • chikahirochikahiro Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://samonmaui.blogspot.com/2012/10/sto-buying-zen-with-energy-credits.html

Buying Contraband, but Klingons can also buy Prisoners for two different DOFF assignments. I'll update later on, but there's also the Colonist DOFF assignments. That said, I usually have a significantly easier time getting Colonists than getting rid of them :p

My blog! Zen|Dilithium tracking on Thursdays
    http://samonmaui.blogspot.com
    As a lifetime member of STO, I officially became a financial liability as of April 2012 when compared to a subscriber.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited November 2012
    If you buy contraband right now on the exchange it comes out to ~1mil EC for ~60 Zen.
    Unless you've been hoarding EC, or have a way to make a ton of it a day, it's quicker and easier to do daily missions or STFs.
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Regardless of how you go about it, this basically just boils down to "You can trade dilithium for Zen". How you go about getting the dilithium is up to you. These missions are certainly useful ways of obtaining dilithium, but as a supplement to better sources like dailies and STFs. They aren't good as a primary source. Should also note that these missions all pay out ore, so your daily refinement cap applies.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg