test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who wants to guess how long the foundry will be offline?

lillithiaelillithiae Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Days? Weeks? Months? Name the date you think the foundry will finally come back online and whoever is closest wins 1 internets :cool:
Post edited by lillithiae on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    December 20th of this year. :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    seriously, how long does it take to delete top 200 "HOT" missions and approve all "spotlighted", then run a script through all the other and let only these with more than 10 steps?
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Don't care.

Until all Foundry missions give full regular advancement rewards it will remain irrelevant to me.
  • mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited November 2012
  • toslover#1432 toslover Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mcconna wrote: »

Huge props for that clip! :D In my opinion, a very underrated movie! :cool:
    2rbz410.jpg
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I give it a small chance it will be back online before Thanksgiving.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the update itself is not the problem. foundry missions update in hours. they take it off to test for problems first, then add back the mission without the ability to review, then the editor, then the ability to review. so if the code change has made a massive problem then can fix it and foundry authors dont get a bunch of 1 stars.

the fact its not back yet means they probably have found an error that was not on tribble and need to fix it first.

my guess at the moment would be missions back later next week. editor and things back the week after that.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the update itself is not the problem. foundry missions update in hours. they take it off to test for problems first, then add back the mission without the ability to review, then the editor, then the ability to review. so if the code change has made a massive problem then can fix it and foundry authors dont get a bunch of 1 stars.

the fact its not back yet means they probably have found an error that was not on tribble and need to fix it first.

my guess at the moment would be missions back later next week. editor and things back the week after that.

I tend to agree with your assestment captain, in regards to the length of time it will be offline. I do not know what exactly it is being done with it though, aside from the obvious testing.

They are implementing the 20minute parameter within the foundry, so I'm not exactly sure if this may cause some issues, though I do not see any reason that it should.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm rather curious how they determine whether a mission takes 20 minutes or not. 20 minutes for who? Somebody with an average mix of green/blue gear, or somebody with all Mk XII STF and/or Elite Fleet gear? The average player or the highly skilled?
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • gemackgemack Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Who cares.. foundry missions are not part of the game until they offer rewards comparable to in-game missions.

As it stands they are time wasters at best.
  • nodznodz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think that will ever happen for all foundry missions. Perhaps they could do it for spotlight missions though.
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2012
    I'm rather curious how they determine whether a mission takes 20 minutes or not. 20 minutes for who? Somebody with an average mix of green/blue gear, or somebody with all Mk XII STF and/or Elite Fleet gear? The average player or the highly skilled?

I believe it's average playtime of everyone who completes the mission. That tech has always been there.

Just for everyone's reference:

- Season 4 had 5 weeks of downtime.
    - Season 6 had 3 weeks of anticipated downtime plus another couple when a problem was found.

- So far we're at 4 days, counting today.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Probably they will simple play it, and value if it's worth dilithium or not.
  • thef0xguythef0xguy Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would just like to point out that the entire reason the foundry is still offline is the horrible testing they do before pushing their updates live. Now, before some pleeb says it, of course it is impossible to catch every bug. But that isnt even what I'm talking about.

What I'm talking about is the fact that the foundry update was one of the very last patches to hit tribble before S7 went live, meaning it got very little testing time. Furthermore, there were hardly any foundry missions on tribble to test. They should have copied every single spotlight mission, as well as several dozen random other missions from holodeck to tribble for testing purposes.

And what makes it worse is this is exactly what happened with season 6. They always wait until the last minute to put any foundry changes on tribble, meaning they dont get properly tested before the season launches, which is entirely their own fault. And then they dont even learn from their own previous mistakes.

So again: no, of course it is not possible to catch every bug. However it is possible to test things the right way, and waiting until the last minute is not the right way.
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hopefully forever. I hate the foundry and everything in it.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I want my Foundry back i made some Quicky missions so i could make 30,000 Dil per day per toon it is annoying that i can not make that and complete my star base projects.:mad::mad:
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.