test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvE -Houston I think we have a problem.

ba11isticsba11istics Member Posts: 9 Arc User
In PvE Im waiting a lil longer than norm in fleet battles, cause I cannot tell which stf's or fleet battles to join due to not being able to see where other players have joined. Another words Its hard to gather folks in pugs without a listing of players posted who have joined the stf's or fleet battels like it was before where you saw others waiting for players to join to start the battles. Can this be fixed or is it this way for a reason?
Post edited by ba11istics on

Comments

• ba11isticsba11istics Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Do I make sence? Somebody say somen.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It was broken so they fixed it.
    :D
    But it was, kinda. Let me explain.

The reason we decided to remove the number of players displayed in the queue is because the information being reported was inaccurate. It would often times report a false number of players queued for individual events. In reality there are thousands of game servers across the shard constantly running all the different events, but the previous column in the queue UI was under-and-over representing the number of players. The information being reported was in most cases only a small slice of how many people were in each queue.

We've removed this column for Season 7 because we do not feel it was reporting queue population properly and was giving false positives, when in fact most events are busy around the clock. Other popular MMO games do not display population in queues and manage just fine, so we are going to leave this column out for the S7 launch and see how it goes under a full population of users.

As we move forward, if it turns into a bigger issue, we will investigate ways in which we can show players how "hot" some queues are, but this will require the tech wizards to find a way to report on the number of players in queues more accurately so that we can display the proper information.

We appreciate that it feels "weird" now on Tribble (where there are only a few hundred players playing at any given moment), but we ask that you wait and see how it goes under full Holodeck load. Our expectation is that players will still be able to get into queues as quickly as they could prior to S7.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • ba11isticsba11istics Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    thanks for taking the time out to answer ..helps alot.
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ba11istics wrote: »
    In PvE Im waiting a lil longer than norm in fleet battles, cause I cannot tell which stf's or fleet battles to join due to not being able to see where other players have joined. Another words Its hard to gather folks in pugs without a listing of players posted who have joined the stf's or fleet battels like it was before where you saw others waiting for players to join to start the battles. Can this be fixed or is it this way for a reason?

You can queue for 3 different things at a time.