test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will Cryptic acknowledge AFKER Feeding is Griefing?

p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in PvP Gameplay
I opened a ticket about this today, but I now figure it would probably be quicker to get a reply here in the forums. I have a few questions.

1. Does Cryptic consider people who AFKer and or feed in Public PvP queues to be griefers?

2. If yes, can we expect any action to be taken against those who grief public PvP queues up to and including bans?

3. If not, why not?

4. Also unrelated, can we have a stickied thread which lists dev acknowledged bugs that can be exploited? So, we can refer people to said thread and report them should they continue to exploit. Tbr was latest example of this, but there's also lesser issues like the Vet Console shield vamp being effected by Aux2batt when it shouldn't be.

Edit: In the mean time if I choose to report all those who AFK or feed will I be accused of spamming Cryptic?
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Post edited by p2wsucks on

Comments

• Options
    gx4th23gx4th23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Post it in the PvE forums, it'll be processed normally.
    "No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." -Logimo
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    gx4th23 wrote: »
    Post it in the PvE forums, it'll be processed normally.

One would think so, but I posted a thread about the Vamp console bug coming back and got zero replies.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=444841
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    I opened a ticket about this today, but I now figure it would probably be quicker to get a reply here in the forums. I have a few questions.

1. Does Cryptic consider people who AFKer and or feed in Public PvP queues to be griefers?

Considering it's helping killing off PvP, they probably consider the greifers to be their champions.

Yes I know that's rather an unfair thing to say, but it's been almost three years guys. Three years.

Please, just throw us a bone, even a bone that's been pre-chewed by an eppoh.
    2. If yes, can we expect any action to be taken against those who grief public PvP queues up to and including bans?

I've actually personally reported two people who griefed in Pvp (one called Kodim who would AFK in every match and Attack0 who had to fly his damned shuttle). To a certain extent it's a good thing they don't ban based on players reporting them, given how many of us have been reported for cheating (read: player can't believe someone is that good).
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    orondis wrote: »
    Considering it's helping killing off PvP, they probably consider the greifers to be their champions.

Yes I know that's rather an unfair thing to say, but it's been almost three years guys. Three years.

Please, just throw us a bone, even a bone that's been pre-chewed by an eppoh.

I've actually personally reported two people who griefed in Pvp (one called ***** who would AFK in every match and ******* who had to fly his damned shuttle). To a certain extent it's a good thing they don't ban based on players reporting them, given how many of us have been reported for cheating (read: player can't believe someone is that good).

I would recommend that you edit out those two names. Calling out people on the forums, even worthless griefers, isn't really allowed.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Given reports of another old bug coming back, can we get the stickied thread I mentioned in point 4 so people can at least attempt to self police until we here what Crpytic's official stance on what the player options are for exploiters and griefers?

Edit: Also I'd like this thread to stay around, so no name and shame plz.
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2012
    I'm rather stumped as to why they haven't simply removed dilithium rewards from PvP all together. They took it from STFs so it's not like the idea hasn't crossed their minds. What are they up to...

*sinister music*
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The best you can do is ask your team to all report the player with you.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    cidstorm wrote: »
    The best you can do is ask your team to all report the player with you.

I disagree, the best I can do is ask for the Dev's to comment and or take action based on my OP.
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well theres that too, I thought it was implied by the thread itself.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Just an update a GM ticket was replied to and while the GM didn't directly state #1 is griefing, they did state griefing is against the ToS and they'd investigate griefers.

Still, there's been no answer to #2.

There's been no reply to #4 either.

There really should be a harder line drawn on what's griefing and exploiting as well as what happens to those who exploit. Until this is done people will just do so for the lolz since there's seemingly zero enforcement on these issues.

In the mean time, if nothing else you can create 2 tickets if people are knowingly exploiting in matches. 1 for exploiting and 1 for griefing as a result of the exploit. Maybe someone gets dinged for tickets created.

Perhaps create a community ticket for the poor communication on these issues and a second community ticket for the poor QA/code merger process that keeps allowing the same bugs/exploits to reappear in the game.
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Someone mentioned issues w/plas leech occuring. Which leads to another question

Can we have private matches back, so we can test things like this. Strip the awards if you want, but it really is getting difficult to keep up w/this stuff w/o being able to control tests w/o outside interference.

Also, I can't remember there ever being a Season upgrade where old bugs and or balance changes were reverted. Can someone take accountability for this?
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter