test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question: Is the "instant death" back?

goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
As the title says... Is it back?

Done about 10 Infected elite stf:s
Before S7: 9 of 10 runs,ONE instant death..
Now: 9 of 10 runs, Fourteen instant death..

Ofcourse i have to run away and heal sometimes but now there is not much you can do in 2 nanosec..

Ship: Krenn Temporal Destroyer.

Done about +150 PUG ISE runs and most of them with optional.

Little early maybe but when you are used to die one time of 10 runs, a natural responce is "WTF".
I think its so unfair that this is nothing you can control... one second 100% 2 nanoseconds later... DEAD.

I've had this build for some time now and didn't have any problem before.

There was some "correction" mention in patchnotes... but if this is right ... I'm out..
Post edited by goltzhar on

Comments

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So the borg now have teeth. And you complain?

Weren't you bored of just facerolling TRIBBLE and never dying? And when the Borg AI and weaponry is upgraded to actually provide a challenge and require you to think and prepare ahead of time you're gonna quit?

G. T. F. O.

You should play every stf like it's a PvP match. Prepare for anything and everything. How do you survive a decloaking fleet defiant alpha strike? If you can do that, you do the same thing to survive the Borg. You hit defensive buffs and then take the hit. Wait for the heat to stop, then hit back.

And guess what, since the borg now hurt, Cruisers and sci will be even more important with their heals. And tbh, I never have problems with one shots, but I fly an oddy, so I guess I don't count. I am just one of those useless cruisers that everyone wants to leave.

Well guess what, we're needed now, so there!
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nonsense 1shot BS has always been here. Never left, or you've not been paying attention.

Heretic, it's one thing to have the plasma beams, cutters, torpedoes overwhelm you with firepower. That is "having teeth"...

It's another to just randomly code it to kill people in 1 shot with no warning and no graphics representing an actual weapon in use.

THAT is and always will be a BS way to model a game. Of the two listed above, we do NOT have the first option, though it would be far far more acceptable to die from, than the second would be.

EDIT: Though in response to OP I don't think it's increased frequency any... I ran one on my lowest toon that just did its first ISE ever, and only died once in a defy R. That's not bad considering it's using Breen gear (*ugh, vomit*). I think you had a very bad streak is all.
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So the borg now have teeth. And you complain?

Weren't you bored of just facerolling TRIBBLE and never dying? And when the Borg AI and weaponry is upgraded to actually provide a challenge and require you to think and prepare ahead of time you're gonna quit?

G. T. F. O.

You should play every stf like it's a PvP match. Prepare for anything and everything. How do you survive a decloaking fleet defiant alpha strike? If you can do that, you do the same thing to survive the Borg. You hit defensive buffs and then take the hit. Wait for the heat to stop, then hit back.

And guess what, since the borg now hurt, Cruisers and sci will be even more important with their heals. And tbh, I never have problems with one shots, but I fly an oddy, so I guess I don't count. I am just one of those useless cruisers that everyone wants to leave.

Well guess what, we're needed now, so there!

Well...Why the rage? I dont quite know how to respond to you... But you obviously assume that every run i do is a piece of cake... If that was the case.. That would be boring.. and I would feel the same about that. You are far from the truth... It was a question... And I dont do PvP (Yeah shocker!!!!) I've been around since F2P and have done 3 PVP:s in that time.
    (The very little I know is that you need to have a completely different DOFF and console setup for PvP than PvE... but I'm probably wrong on that to. and I don't have the knowledge or interest for PvP..)

My question/wonder was IF there was a change, wasn't asking for your ranting and vomit, maybe you need to take a sedative and have a lay down.

So please Mr "I know all about everything" take my advice.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    One change I noticed was the cubes now fire torpedo weapons from any angle, no more hiding undearneath them. I adapted and I don't charge in to hide under them anymore or above them.

Keeps me on my toes and is moar fun, my ramming speed gets used a little more now to escape heal up and get back in.:cool:
    Well...Why the rage? I dont quite know how to respond to you... But you obviously assume that every run i do is a piece of cake... If that was the case.. That would be boring.. and I would feel the same about that. You are far from the truth... It was a question... And I dont do PvP (Yeah shocker!!!!) I've been around since F2P and have done 3 PVP:s in that time.
    (The very little I know is that you need to have a completely different DOFF and console setup for PvP than PvE... but I'm probably wrong on that to. and I don't have the knowledge or interest for PvP..)

My question/wonder was IF there was a change, wasn't asking for your ranting and vomit, maybe you need to take a sedative and have a lay down.

So please Mr "I know all about everything" take my advice.

You'll have to forgive the rage. I am just tired of idiots like rodentmaster (yes kiddo, I just called you out) constantly complaining about NPC weapons that are either A) way more powerful than ours, or B) very difficult to defend against.

I thought your thread was another "Oh no, I don't faceroll the comps, must be broken" thread, and as such responded in kind.

In response to your actual post (now that I actually read it), the only real change to the comps was the removal on the limit of their torp arcs, and an improvement of their AI. As for getting one shotted, crits are crits. I heard an interesting theory from one of my fleetmates that the borg have an automatic 25% chance of crit on their torps and a 500% crit severity. Which would make sense since I get critted by torps too often for the usual 5 or 6% you see players running around with, and those crits average around 20-25k per crit, which is roughly 500% of the usual 5k damage a mk XII plasma torp can do to my hull.

But that instant death isn't instant death. It's not programmed to kill you immediately. It's just a boosted NPC weapon designed to make your life not such a cakewalk. You probably got unlucky and got an ubercrit (what I call them, happens about 5% of the time, the torp has a 1500% crit severity and hits for around 75k. Not fun even for an oddy). They are rare, and hurt like hell, but I have been noticing more of them since I started in S7.

And here's the really annoying part: it's not just the borg. I did some stuff in Tau Dewa (on elite of course, normal is too easy), and I was fighting some Hirogen, and their transphasics... well sufficed to say that two mk XII purple monotaniums weren't taking much off of those torps.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
    edited November 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    One change I noticed was the cubes now fire torpedo weapons from any angle, no more hiding undearneath them. I adapted and I don't charge in to hide under them anymore or above them.

Keeps me on my toes and is moar fun, my ramming speed gets used a little more now to escape heal up and get back in.:cool:

Well if it is anything like the other times they cranked up the borg... there is a small chance that they could cut back a little in future patches.. But if not "we will adapt", It could be adapting to the situation and suck it up or adapting with stop playing STF:s that is up to each player.
    edited November 2012
    You'll have to forgive the rage. I am just tired of idiots like rodentmaster (yes kiddo, I just called you out) constantly complaining about NPC weapons that are either A) way more powerful than ours, or B) very difficult to defend against.

I thought your thread was another "Oh no, I don't faceroll the comps, must be broken" thread, and as such responded in kind.

In response to your actual post (now that I actually read it), the only real change to the comps was the removal on the limit of their torp arcs, and an improvement of their AI. As for getting one shotted, crits are crits. I heard an interesting theory from one of my fleetmates that the borg have an automatic 25% chance of crit on their torps and a 500% crit severity. Which would make sense since I get critted by torps too often for the usual 5 or 6% you see players running around with, and those crits average around 20-25k per crit, which is roughly 500% of the usual 5k damage a mk XII plasma torp can do to my hull.

But that instant death isn't instant death. It's not programmed to kill you immediately. It's just a boosted NPC weapon designed to make your life not such a cakewalk. You probably got unlucky and got an ubercrit (what I call them, happens about 5% of the time, the torp has a 1500% crit severity and hits for around 75k. Not fun even for an oddy). They are rare, and hurt like hell, but I have been noticing more of them since I started in S7.

And here's the really annoying part: it's not just the borg. I did some stuff in Tau Dewa (on elite of course, normal is too easy), and I was fighting some Hirogen, and their transphasics... well sufficed to say that two mk XII purple monotaniums weren't taking much off of those torps.

I totally forgive you.. Nice to be called Kiddo...:) I wish! Im 35...
    I think it supposed to be hard.... there got to be a challange, otherwise its boring.
    And I have had my share of experementing with consoles and doffs... to much if you ask me.. but hey "If you not succeed, dust your self off and try again".. I have had a lot of time to play.. major operation, bedrest . That means 10-15h a day since F2P.

To your Tau Dewa experience ... That was a challenge.. but it is fun to have some resistanse at last.. And I agree, it's not only the Borg. Think they have cranked up everything.

To the 1shot... I still think it's stupid... There is nothing you can do about it, doesn't matter how many runs you have done... what consoles you have.. doffs you have seated in your ship.. or tactics.. exept maybe go in shoot like hell and run to heal, then do it again, but that doesn't work with the current timers.
  • glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've gotten 102k(204k) hits from cube before S7, using monotanium consoles, purple cap pla shields and tanking deflectors... in normal STFs... i just lol, but now with improved torp arcs on cubes, well, guess not gonna park near them anymore!! xD
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    goltzhar wrote: »
    I totally forgive you.. Nice to be called Kiddo...:) I wish! Im 35...
    I think it supposed to be hard.... there got to be a challange, otherwise its boring.
    And I have had my share of experementing with consoles and doffs... to much if you ask me.. but hey "If you not succeed, dust your self off and try again".. I have had a lot of time to play.. major operation, bedrest . That means 10-15h a day since F2P.

To your Tau Dewa experience ... That was a challenge.. but it is fun to have some resistanse at last.. And I agree, it's not only the Borg. Think they have cranked up everything.

To the 1shot... I still think it's stupid... There is nothing you can do about it, doesn't matter how many runs you have done... what consoles you have.. doffs you have seated in your ship.. or tactics.. exept maybe go in shoot like hell and run to heal, then do it again, but that doesn't work with the current timers.

LOL dude!!! I wasn't calling you kiddo, that was to rodentmaster!!! XD XD XD I wasn't calling you out, I was calling that scrub out XP.

I understand your PoV, hence the much calmer post. He's the one who always rants about the oddest of things, hence why I called him out. Btw, the tholian red alerts are much easier than the Tribble version. I was disappointed by that. But the Hirogen especially on Elite... they are finally fun again!