test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

R.i.p. Pve & Sto

omfg4202omfg4202 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
Well played, Perfect World. Your greed has killed PVE, and with it, Star Trek Online. Congratulations, I guess.

There's nothing left to do in Star Trek Online at 50 if you don't want to bend over for the new reputation system being forced down our throats with Season 7. They expect you will be reaching for your wallet rather than wait to accumulate enough dilithium to finish paying to grind-craft your Mk X MACO engine.

Now, after doing all the work grinding STFs, they want you to also CRAFT your loot in a version of the fleet project panel, adding the most important ingredient of all, large piles of dilithium. Yes, the very same substance that is no longer rewarded for STFs.

You really did it. You managed to turn pay2win into pay2pray2win and now just pay 2 lose. Star Trek doesn't need a reboot now so much as a rebate.
KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?
Post edited by omfg4202 on

Comments

• Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK, Feel free to mail your items to @kyeto13. I'll put it in good use :D
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kyeto13 wrote: »

I'll send you all my small hypos and small shield charges. Enjoy.
    :eek:
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Leave your stuff at the door on your way out ;)

I'm loving the new reputation system.
  • Options
    sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I could do with some stuff - @sumghai is my in-game handle.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally i don't really like how they've taken an annoying grind and made it worse, only to tell every one they'd still be getting dilithium rewards during the testing, but wait until after launch to tell every one that it actually wasn't true. Cryptic's methods and tactics are earning them all the hate and rage on the forums, and frankly as long as the money keeps coming, they really couldn't care less.
  • Options
    endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic's methods and tactics are earning them all the hate and rage on the forums, and frankly as long as the money keeps coming, they really couldn't care less.

Bingo.
    Cryptic are not non-English Chinese developers. They will be able to understand the players if you RAGE loud and often enough about this. Vote with your wallets as well, get as many as you can to do the same.

The only way anything will change is if the players voice loudly and succintly what their desires are and vote with their wallets not to support terribad design principles.

Blame not Cryptic, for they have to listen to those who sign their paychecks. :(
    Blame PWE, the root of all Chinese-MMO evil. >_>
  • Options
    rageycage559rageycage559 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm not even mad about the Dil.

I am upset and asking why does this system have to be such a grindfest? The grind has killed our small fleet of good people when we figured out we will never be able to get to tier 3-5, and now you have to solo grind on a MMO game. Played my fair share of STF's and now you have to start that over from scratch and grind, grind, grind.

I can't deal with the grind. Maybe I will come back when there is enough content applied to your structure so it would feel fresh.
  • Options
    heinekoheineko Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll keep on playing in your stead. But I will make sure no one else joins this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Captain Ruri Gokou of the U.S.S. Kitty Hawk
    Catian Atrox Carrier
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm for sure not spending anymore real money for this TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't understand. With the old system I tried for a mk XII MACO set for 8 months and only got 2 pieces. With the new system I will be guaranteed to get it all with some extras. How on earth can you call the new system a grind without looking back at the old system with complete disdain?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I just want to add that I was having fun.

Despite my growing misgivings about the horribly unethical lottery ticket scam you've adopted as your business model, I was actually enjoying grinding up my toons in all the different possible ways. I knew the system was set up to enable that and profit from it, as I purchase the same bridge officers and c-store items again and again, but I was having fun and it seemed like a fair trade to me. I could happily keep buying character slots and trying something new.

Even the c-store ships seemed worthwhile because I would certainly re-use them across my whole account. I was even buying bridges and outfits and other items, because why not? I had to admit they were a better deal than lotto boxes. I learned first-hand what it can take to obtain the full Temporal set. I'd like to go back in time and talk myself out of it.

I don't PVP because pay2win makes it a joke in Star Trek Online, but fat least there was PVE, and despite being a huge grind, the level 50 content was borderline approachable for hardcore and casual gamers alike, and a fairly straightforward process that relied more on planning and teamwork than the color of one's dilithium and fleet support. I don't fleet because it's an ill-concealed scam to make players buy fleet ship modules because you chose to tie that cost to those essential game features.

You have been making tons of money from c-store sales and especially lockbox keys, but you decided you wanted more. You saw an opportunity to sell us austerity like some kind of perverse prize. Aren't we lucky. Let's call it a feature! This is how stupid they think we are.
    KIRK:That which you call Ee'd Plebnista was not written for the chiefs or the kings or the warriors or the rich and powerful, but for all the people! These words were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone or they mean nothing! Do you understand?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I don't understand. With the old system I tried for a mk XII MACO set for 8 months and only got 2 pieces. With the new system I will be guaranteed to get it all with some extras. How on earth can you call the new system a grind without looking back at the old system with complete disdain?

At least the old system wasn't window dressing for a substantial dilithium paywall. Even for mk X equipment. You're talking about Mk XII stuff there, which was arguably an excessive grind.
  • Options
    rageycage559rageycage559 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I understand, but with all the grinding done before if they can keep track of dil earnings from what mission, then they can retroactive the marks instead of starting anew. So you have to continue grinding the SAME content, just a different system for the rewards.

The new system just really puts the screws to the ones who have been here for a long time. While rewarding newcomers, because I admit I wish today was the 1st day I was playing STO because I think I would really like the system.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited November 2012

The new system requires dilithium in order to "craft" your items.

Often OBSCENE amounts of dilithium.

THye've taken out the primary sources of dilithium and moved some rewards to content that NO ONE played.

Once people start to migrate to those sources, they'll change it again.

All to make players BUY dilithium via the Zen conversion. I'm still certain that Cryptic/PWE are dumping Dilithium into the exchange to keep the levels up. WIth fleets CRANKING out project and the new systems going into effect active end game players are all using their dilithium. Sure there are those that aren't in fleets but the sheer volume of dilthium on the exchange can't be just from those players.
  • Options
    satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I managed to get a glimpse of the new stuff last night (thank you for the 4 hour-long wait to download the 600mb Cryptic). I'm not conclusive, but the things I saw made me think - "This was the seppuku of STO". Seems like PWE gave them the tanto, and they don't realize it even at the moment. I'll give it a try in the weekend, but I doubt that I'll continue playing for a long time after that.
  • Options
    burt777burt777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am not impres at all by this season. R.I.P. for PVE i agree. thinking to leave for good.:mad:
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I love the new rep system, I have no idea why the OP is complaing. I mean I can get my rep up to tier 5 and buy the good stuff like the MK XII impulse engines for 84,000 dilithium or mk xii armor for 16,800 dilithium all thanks to the rep system. No more random drops. Yay.
    I don't understand. With the old system I tried for a mk XII MACO set for 8 months and only got 2 pieces.

Really? When I first read about the Upcoming Season 7 Changes a few weeks ago, I unmothballed some old toons to gear them up while I still could, and in that short a time put together 5 Mk12 and 3 Mk11 sets. Plus a whole lot of dil, EC, and Mk12 weaponry besides. All that stuff didn't cost anything but playtime. I'll take those old numbers over Mark Grind and project timers any time.
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Speak up is what we need to do. People always talk in zone chat, but so far they havent really taken anything seriously, this S7 has changed the game for the worst and has crossed a line that should never have been crossed for the games sake.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was just wondering. Since PvP has not get any attention for 3 years, now people claim PvE is RIP, what is there left for players to do ? :rolleyes:
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kyeto13 wrote: »

Too bad that what isn't bound to character is bound to account.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    edited November 2012
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    I was just wondering. Since PvP has not get any attention for 3 years, now people claim PvE is RIP, what is there left for players to do ? :rolleyes:

Get rep up to t5 then spend weeks getting the dilithium gathered to finish sets on new alts?

Simples.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

...which are against forum rules and I'm sure the devs would love threads like this closed and would probably end with Bran closing the thread and editing something into the last post so this bad press doesn't show on the dev tracker....
    dalnar83 wrote: »

The very thing Perfect World loves: Grinds and lottos.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It does not matter to complain about something that will not change. They don't care, pure and simple.

Now lets see, some people are happy with the new reward system, cool. I even like the passive powers and stuff the tiers give.

BUT,

Now, they put some crappy embassy on New Romulus, for fleets grind more, that means dilithium, Fleet starbases need insane amount of dilithium, and now to build a set from STF's we need insane amounts of dilithium.

Cryptic, PWE, whatever the **** you are, no, dilithium, no grind, no evolution.

I do not care about stupid missions at lvl 50 like the gorn action fleet, just because, I DO NOT LIKE IT!

To everyone that whines about this, it does not matter if you whine or not.

Spread the word, and make people stop buying TRIBBLE on the c-store or zen-store, or ****ty store.

The only way we can be listen to, is to kick their asses where it hurts, in the money.

So, no more lockbox keys to open stupid boxes, no more ships, no more doffs, no more nothing.

DONT SPEND MONEY ON THE ZEN STORE. And make your friends and fleet members do the same, stop buying TRIBBLE at the store for 1, 2, 3 months.

In the mean time, they will notice this, I can guarantee this, then they will come running at the forums to see wtf is going on.

No more money on the store. No more money on the monthly subscriptions.
    The more people do this, the better.

I already stop paying my subscription, and I will not buy anything else from the store, I advise everyone to do the same.

The LFT guys, you already spent your money, but do not buy every new shiny candy that pops up on the store.

Just stop giving them money.
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I am upset and asking why does this system have to be such a grindfest? The grind has killed our small fleet of good people when we figured out we will never be able to get to tier 3-5, and now you have to solo grind on a MMO game. Played my fair share of STF's and now you have to start that over from scratch and grind, grind, grind.

I can't deal with the grind. Maybe I will come back when there is enough content applied to your structure so it would feel fresh.

Lol. Oh my. An MMO and grinding at Endgame is standart. Even MWO has grinding. WoW had a LOT of grinding at endgame.

Get over it or leave the game and play the singleplayer campagne of Call of Stupid :-P
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kar1972 wrote: »
    Just stop giving them money.

This won't work because there will be always players who want every new, worthless shiny thing as fast possible. They WILL buy dill with Zen points -.- Like the one who put over 1000dollar into STO :eek:
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I'm not mad about the dil necessarily myself, but moreso that we were flat out lied to about it up until the day of the patch. We were told within days of the patch that the gear dil costs were balanced and actually lowered, and STFs would continue to drop dilithium. And also, while YES it was a bit of an exploit, there was a post (I want to say it was Branflakes) spinning words about the officer reports console clickies not going anywhere. While it can't be considered a lie as he said they would still be there, he could have at least mentioned that the daily was being adjusted to not allow them to count.

The whole situation is more or less very shady from a PR perspective.
  • Options
    willy01pwewilly01pwe Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    endafresh wrote: »
    Bingo.
    Cryptic are not non-English Chinese developers. They will be able to understand the players if you RAGE loud and often enough about this. Vote with your wallets as well, get as many as you can to do the same.

The only way anything will change is if the players voice loudly and succintly what their desires are and vote with their wallets not to support terribad design principles.

Blame not Cryptic, for they have to listen to those who sign their paychecks. :(
    Blame PWE, the root of all Chinese-MMO evil. >_>

I voted with my wallet this afternoon and canceled my gold subscription (since day 1 of launch 33+ months, 1015 days the old fashioned way, not grandfathered in by swiping my credit card for $200 during the LTS promo) this afternoon. Guess I wont be seeing the 3rd anniversary after all.

To prove they don't care what you think, there's no survey asking you why you're canceling, no place to leave feedback, nothing. When I canceled World of W/\rcraft after the abomination that was Cataclysm, you get a BIG survey to let Blizzard know why you're quitting and even a place at the bottom to type in an modest length message.

I had to go poking around STO, Cryptic and PWE web sites for 30 minutes until I found a place I could leave feedback voicing my displeasure with the direction the game has taken (it was a PWE support page, fwiw). I listed what I've been alarmed by over the last few weeks (Dilithium gouging gone wild, nerfing missions to get dilithium, the grind centric mentality that's creeping into the game) but I doubt if PWE cares because my credit card has already been billed.
    --
    No Star Trek Series went past Season 7.

Will Star Trek Online survive Season 7?