test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recognisable content?

foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
It's about time that STO got some more big names onboard.

it is a lovely game, i keep honestly dropping in and out, but Isn't it about time you tried to get some of the bigger names from star trek involved, and got us more recognisable people?

I sincerely hope the borg queen is voiced by Alice Krige

The best moments of the game for me have been when i could ground myself into the world and connect. That was when I met the TOS crew, that was a fantastic mission, or visited DS9 for the first time, etc.

For example: Janeway.

Can we have an old admiral janeway handing out orders, with some voiceovers? That would give it some more gusto.

Or what about captain data, voyagers doctor, and all the other numerous members of star trek that you claim exist within the STO canon and world but we see nothing of them. Can we get some sort of experience with them?

And the music. Surely you have the money now to be able to get some of the star trek theme tunes and musical pieces into the game? ESD Theme, for instance, or what about DS9's tune for when you warp into DS9 the first time, etc.

You have a FANTASTIC oppertunity right now with the Vesta class. How about you contact the actor who played Ezri Dax, and ask them if they would like to voice a few missions. You could then have the U.S.S. Aventine and Captain Dax involved in the game, and that would at least for me, enrich the experience.

Just a few ideas.

The game is fun, it pulls me back constantly but it could be SO much more still. Adding new content is good and all, but without some anchored star trek mixed in there it feels...cheap.

Star Trek Voyager's Elite Force games had the entire crew voiced by the actors. Star Trek Armada got Picard's voiceovers for its missions...there are plenty of examples of studios that have proven its possible. Heck, Id even love to have the sulu in game be voiced by Sulu himself as some distant ancestor!
Post edited by foxwater on

Comments

• bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited November 2012
    While I support this idea, getting Nicole deBoir in to play Captain Dax of the Aventine wouldn't work. Apparently, Dax has quit Starfleet in the STO timeline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Voice actors cost money. I'd rather that money spent on more KDF content imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Apparently, Dax has quit Starfleet in the STO timeline.

...and yet they are crediting the Captaincy of the Aventine to Dax in STO.

theres no real reason why dax couldn't have rejoined afterall.
  • bortjinxbortjinx Member Posts: 397
    edited November 2012
    Dammit Jim, this is Trek, not Wars. The retcon hammer shouldn't be that powerful here.

The reasons they gave for Dax quitting Starfleet were good ones, and they haven't been reso9lved in game yet, so I'd prefer it if they left her out of it.

Or, perhaps brought her in someplace else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]