test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The mess with Fleet ships shield modifier

dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Federation Discussion
Will someone ever fix the mess with shield modifiers in shipyards ? I know there is some sort of hps cap bonus to the retrofits, but the regen value is gimped.

Why in the first place, have the ships so strange modifiers ? Would it be really so hard to SELL compettivie fleet ships with not misleading modifiers ? I don't know how it is in America, but in my country, misleading the customer is against the law.

Also why gimp retrofits with hps /shields penalties ? It's not like cryptic cares for ship balance ? One thing is to sell lockbox ships and Z-Store ships like Besta, the other thing is to sell gimped ships.

It's not like proper T5 shield modifers would imbalance them.
"Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
Post edited by dalnar83 on

Comments

• Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure if this has all the answers you are looking for but have you seen this yet? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=5987911#post5987911

I have a KDF retrofit and this has been true for me, both hulls and shields are higher then what is listed, I assume this may be same for many Fed ships too. Would be nice to see more variety of ships being used.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    it's true with fed my fleet chyenne has more shields and better regen then what is listed
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg