Install Arc
Options

How Consles, Weapons Power, Tac buffs, and Skill points actually work

2»

Comments

• Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm ttesting stuff like the sets as i get chance ;).

Thats why you haven't seen any more from me. That and getting ready for S7 hitting ;).
  • Options
    queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    For the people that have looked at the spreadsheet was there any large errors?

also i am thinking of expanding what the spreadsheet can do. i will add mines and other set bonuses but are there any other request?
    I am @allenlabarge in game :D
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Well one thing i've found that i'm going to detail in my bigger post i've got written out is that Mk 0 to Mk I is a 10.2% increase for energy weapons. It's straight 10.2% for all weapons per Mk from base. I think the 8.2% scalar for torps must be a bug of some kind.
  • Options
    queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    carl103 wrote: »
    Well one thing i've found that i'm going to detail in my bigger post i've got written out is that Mk 0 to Mk I is a 10.2% increase for energy weapons. It's straight 10.2% for all weapons per Mk from base. I think the 8.2% scalar for torps must be a bug of some kind.

I tried to test this but I am still getting the same 8.2% from base to Mk I then the 10.2% for every other Mk level.

Maybe if I had your stats I could find the problem.

But with no skill point used on a level 18 engineering character with weapons power at 100 a 7.5% tactical console adds 26.1 damage. At 100 power the bonus is 200% so the console gave 13.05 or 7.5% of 174(base damage for dual heavy cannon). Using that base damage the value for every mark is dead on. If checking the tool tip from items on the exchange.

Maybe a DEV can help point out where the error is? Just a little hint? Please?:D
    I am @allenlabarge in game :D
  • Options
    deletedgeardeletedgear Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    queue38 wrote: »
    For the people that have looked at the spreadsheet was there any large errors?

also i am thinking of expanding what the spreadsheet can do. i will add mines and other set bonuses but are there any other request?

I haven't had much time testing this as I'd like, but so far, so good!

Wish list:

- There are accolades that provides +2% to a particular damage type (list can be found here). I don't know how this bonus is applied, but it may be worth looking into.
    - Many ships don't have 5 tac consoles, so the ability to "nullify" a tac console slot or three could be helpful.
    - Multiple weapon slots?
    - This would add an extra layer in a way, but being able to compare critical chance and critical severity versus sustained damage. For example, a fun comparison could be Polaron Weapons + the Jem'Hadar Set Polaron damage bonus versus the average additional crit damage from Antiproton weapons - what has more total damage output?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    @Queue38: i did it by getting a basic phaser array from a miranda and then going to the equipment store at ESD and just mousing over the numbers. I can't get in game right now obviouslly but on my character i saw +8.2DPS/10.2DPV per Mk, and base was 80DPS/100DPV.

When the server comes back up i'll run and grab a bunch of screenies for you.
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I want to know the power drain effects on weapons. From the little testing I did do tonight it seems the aging calculator released 5 years ago is not longer as, um, accurate as it used to be.