test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Membership 30-day question

rexmaximilianrexmaximilian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing a boxed STO game from Gamestop. It has a 30-day subscription license included, but I'm wondering if it can be used for a already active free-to-play account. In addition, I am also wondering if I get to "keep" the member features (e.g. bridge officer slots, bank inventory, etc.) after the 30 days should I stop subscribing.

Any help or advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Captain Merlin "Magicka" Lee
77th Elite Squadren
Post edited by rexmaximilian on

Comments

• agp54agp54 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To be succinct: Yes, and yes.
    I recently got a copy of the CE edition, and have definitely found it worthwhile so far. The extra bank and inv slots were worth it alone, in my opinion. Not to mention the item reward, and the 500 zen.
  • rexmaximilianrexmaximilian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for answering.

Also, does the CE edition come with a subscription? I've looked it up online but it does not say so directly, except for some exclusive in-game content.
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    All purchased versions of the game come with a one month subscription.
  • agp54agp54 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for answering.

Also, does the CE edition come with a subscription? I've looked it up online but it does not say so directly, except for some exclusive in-game content.

Yup, it does.
  • rexmaximilianrexmaximilian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thank you. But here's something on the STO FAQ that unsettles me...

Q: I canceled my Star Trek Online subscription, but I'm interested in becoming a Silver Player. Will I have the same access to the game as I did previously?

Your characters are still available, but they may not be able to use all features that are available if you were to be a Gold Player. Additionally, Gold Members and Silver Players differ in Star Trek Online. A player who previously subscribed to Star Trek Online and then returned to game as a Silver Player will not have the same exact features provided to Gold Members.

According to the answer above, it seems like if I should stop subscribing, I'll lose the extra bank slots, etc. I don't losing the monthly ZEN stipend. Can anyone verify this? Thanks.