test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO love and hate

redfriarredfriar Member Posts: 31 Arc User
Let me just start by saying the new content is very interesting and it will be wonderful to get a chance to really enjoy it on holodeck. Now onto the problem, over time something has been creeping up onto STO, starting as a mild occasional consideration but gradually growing worse and worse. As new content has been added, its growth accelerated. Now this monster has become so bloated that it obstructs gameplay. This problem is inventory management. It is a sad practical side of life... which should not be emulated by a video game intended for diversion. There are so many unnecessary inventory-currencies in the game that I'm left choosing between cool equipment and the dozens of inputs needed for acquiring even more cool equipment. We need either a significantly elevated bank space, a change in the way currencies are handled so as to no longer be inventory items, or for more currencies to be collapsed and amalgamated. I would suggest that seeing as how underdeveloped the research side of STO is, that the two dozen some research currencies be amalgamated until the inventory issues are addressed and research/exploration is overhauled.
Post edited by redfriar on

Comments

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2012
    Season 7 is really going to clean up a lot of
    That

All Borg currencies 42 of them being eliminated
    Replaced with 3 I believe

How is that for service

Loot drops are being reduced dramatically as
    Well so you won't be bothered with those pesky
    26.2 console drops and stuff like that
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    redfriarredfriar Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But to be realistic, there is only one borg currency people actually hold onto, EDCs. All others could be immediately converted into something useable or into EDCs. And they added many mission and doff mission items which effectively act like new currencies and aggravate the existing inventory bloat issue.
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The 42 borg currencies just got replaced with 42 romulan currencies, the amount of TRIBBLE you get on New Romulus is staggeringly excessive. How many rocks, plants, research, tags, etc do we really need in our inventory from this place?
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nicha0 wrote: »
    The 42 borg currencies just got replaced with 42 romulan currencies, the amount of TRIBBLE you get on New Romulus is staggeringly excessive. How many rocks, plants, research, tags, etc do we really need in our inventory from this place?

Absolutely right. I posted in the New Romulus Feedback thread that these items need to become virtual inventory items or have an automated tracking system on New Romulus. Too much TRIBBLE to carry around, and then add in the DOFF mission supply drops as well (e.g., Jenovite, tullaberries, etc.).