test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enough with the Boting and Afkable Content!

webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
While reading Season 7, All I see is more ability to not really play STO. You log in, you turn on a couple automated "missions" either via Doffs, the Reputation system, or through the Fleet and Diplomacy system.

Sure there are new "STFs" coming. But what are those really but grind zones to get the points you need for those automated systems being introduced. It's almost like your encourging the players to not play the game, but grind out what they need for their Automated "Daily/weekly" projects and then go play something else.

Shouldn't you be trying to promote more reasons to want to play STO? Why not tie actual gear drops to the STFs? Stuff you can't get via the Reputation system, Fleet system, Doff system, or Diplomacy Fleet System? Make some one actually WANT To do the STFs beyond just Dilitium/Omega/Romulan/Fleet Marks.

And then there's PVP.. the three dirty letters/words around in STO it seems. Why not add to the Daily PVP Mission involving Ker'rat/Otha etc Omega Marks? Is PVP really that bad that you, the producers, don't want players actually going to these zones when the mission is up and get Marks for the daily? Maybe even tweek the zone (and actually bug fix it) so that you can do the "Fleet Mission" style part of the mission, and if you complete it on top of the Item, you have a Rare chance to recieve Omega marks, or instead of the item?

I want to be given a reason to play in Star Trek Online. Not reasons to Farm for an hour, maybe two, and then go play something else that is starting to quite frankly be more fun then the curent and immeadite future of STO (Refering to Season 7).

These statements are my personal opinions and suggestions or perhaps even rants about the current state of development in Star Trek Online based on current and Future additions. And while the Tribble Environment is more of a Beta then Live (and that's a streatch), I'd rather see more active and engaging game play with Puzzles, and Reasons to form a team to do a mission, then to just join a random que and ho hum through a mission that any group of tactical officers can acomplish by just bull rushing ahead.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by webdeath on

Comments

• whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    webdeath wrote: »
    While reading Season 7, All I see is more ability to not really play STO. You log in, you turn on a couple automated "missions" either via Doffs, the Reputation system, or through the Fleet and Diplomacy system.

Sure there are new "STFs" coming. But what are those really but grind zones to get the points you need for those automated systems being introduced. It's almost like your encourging the players to not play the game, but grind out what they need for their Automated "Daily/weekly" projects and then go play something else.

Shouldn't you be trying to promote more reasons to want to play STO? Why not tie actual gear drops to the STFs? Stuff you can't get via the Reputation system, Fleet system, Doff system, or Diplomacy Fleet System? Make some one actually WANT To do the STFs beyond just Dilitium/Omega/Romulan/Fleet Marks.

And then there's PVP.. the three dirty letters/words around in STO it seems. Why not add to the Daily PVP Mission involving Ker'rat/Otha etc Omega Marks? Is PVP really that bad that you, the producers, don't want players actually going to these zones when the mission is up and get Marks for the daily? Maybe even tweek the zone (and actually bug fix it) so that you can do the "Fleet Mission" style part of the mission, and if you complete it on top of the Item, you have a Rare chance to recieve Omega marks, or instead of the item?

I want to be given a reason to play in Star Trek Online. Not reasons to Farm for an hour, maybe two, and then go play something else that is starting to quite frankly be more fun then the curent and immeadite future of STO (Refering to Season 7).

These statements are my personal opinions and suggestions or perhaps even rants about the current state of development in Star Trek Online based on current and Future additions. And while the Tribble Environment is more of a Beta then Live (and that's a streatch), I'd rather see more active and engaging game play with Puzzles, and Reasons to form a team to do a mission, then to just join a random que and ho hum through a mission that any group of tactical officers can acomplish by just bull rushing ahead.

I am in total agreement. It does seem more of a grind game like Farmville than an MMO anymore.

Cryptic dev's, please get working on a way to make PvP more interesting and less of the 9-5 online grind bit.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am in total agreement. It does seem more of a grind game like Farmville than an MMO anymore.

Gee didn't our fearless leader leave Cryptic and work for the creators of Farmville for awhile? :confused:

Gosh.. what a coincidence. :rolleyes:
  • artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i agree, this game needs some serious faction vs faction pvp territory wars,

i recently started to look for another game to play, just about sick of the grinding.

i am really surprised how all the people in this game doesnt get bored
    with doing the same stuff over and over again.

i would do the pvp but it doesnt feel like a pvp fight,
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agreed. Botters ruin everything.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm horribly bored of the game... in fact I play now to help other people out while I'm not roleplaying.

Basically Cryptic I have the same request everyone else so far does: Can we have something to DO (as oppose to grind) please?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oh and while a cute Idea, they are adding Pokemon, with out the combat/pvpability (meaning Pet vs Pet not actual usage in PVP) via some new romulan pet. And of course you upgrade it and even "evolve" it via Doff missions.... :rolleyes:
    Think about this:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Don't give them yet more ways to milk our bank accounts dry...
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited November 2012
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Don't give them yet more ways to milk our bank accounts dry...

I don't have to.. Straight fro mthe tribble server patch notes. :rolleyes:
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.25.20121026a.4

[*]Epohh Raising
    • Players who have access to New Romulus can speak to Toreth in the Epohh Fields to start raising epohhs!
    • Toreth hands out a daily mission where players must tag as many epohhs as they can in one minute and thirty seconds.
      • The more epohhs that are tagged, the more Romulan Marks and Epohh Tags players will receive.
      • Players can team up to get a higher score on the mission.
    • Players can use four epohh tags to run a Duty Officer mission granted by Toreth.
      • Success on the mission grants one epohh research; critical success grants three.
    • Players can exchange five epohh research to receive a non-combat epohh pup pet of their choosing from Toreth.
    • Players can then speak to the appropriate researcher new Toreth to run a Duty Officer mission to raise their epohh pets.
      • Success in the Duty Officer mission will move the epohh pet to their next age. Critical success will evolve the epohh into a unique color!
      • Every epohh is a summonable non-combat pet.
    • You can either keep your epohh or give your raised epohhs to Toreth in exchange for Romulan Marks. She will find them a good home that doesn't move around exploring the dangerous regions of space!
    • Please keep in mind that these numbers are subject to change.
    Think about this:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • glxtrader1glxtrader1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Feeling the same, game has gotten so boring lately I'm looking elsewhere to play for fun; and now: More Grind! frakk that!
    Keep Vulcan Boob Chick, only baktag likes to stare at guys in MMOs
  • starcommando101starcommando101 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Poker
    PvP Territorial Control
    Shuttle Racing

Happy STO player
    The Average PvP player
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1) Teamwork and timing is #1
    2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
    3) You are going to die, just get back up
    edited November 2012
    Poker
    PvP Territorial Control
    Shuttle Racing

Happy STO player

^This

I second that, I liked the idea of PvP territory control since the day I saw the idea. I also like the idea of PvP wherever (as oppose to the challenge player we have now) that would breath new life into PvP, with certain limitations of course after all we can't have a VA in a P2W ship slaughtering the poor LTs and there really should be a simple opt in/out system
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited November 2012
    Poker
    PvP Territorial Control
    Shuttle Racing

Happy STO player
    ^This

I second that, I liked the idea of PvP territory control since the day I saw the idea. I also like the idea of PvP wherever (as oppose to the challenge player we have now) that would breath new life into PvP, with certain limitations of course after all we can't have a VA in a P2W ship slaughtering the poor LTs and there really should be a simple opt in/out system

I'd have to agree that even if I might not play Poker or even Tri-dimensional chess (Another one that might be cool) I'd definitely partake in PVP Territority Control (Fleet Base Wars if you really have to!) Shuttle racing. :)
    Think about this:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have always wanted shuttle racing as there is not much use for the shuttles at the moment apart from at least two missions and the Vault.

Tridimensional chess and Poker would be good way to earn more GPL as you can challenge players to matches which could make ds9 and maybe the starbases more interesting rather than just playing dabo.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm horribly bored of the game... in fact I play now to help other people out while I'm not roleplaying.

Basically Cryptic I have the same request everyone else so far does: Can we have something to DO (as oppose to grind) please?

I burnt out back when I was grinding for XII honor guard on a KDF char. Briefly played the nukara event before being bored of that.

Most of my time (before GW2 came out) was pretty much just SITTING there talking to people in channels...

I feel the grind is dilithium. It's needed for EVERYTHING, reliably gotten in large amounts from few areas which are all now (personally) boring, and the prices are so high I can't "work on saving dilithium for that carrier pet(for example)" while also "Getting some c-store points to get another costume slot as well as supporting the fleet projects/special appearance projects". I have to basically pick one until it's done, then pick another.

That is how I feel anyway. STO has turned into a dilithium grind, and it's sad because I don't mind the gameplay, graphics, I love star trek and would love to play it more/RP my characters more... but I don't wanna just SIT in a game in sector space/a station for hours going "Meh... what to do..."
  • tetonicatetonica Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kalavier wrote: »
    ...That is how I feel anyway. STO has turned into a dilithium grind, and it's sad because I don't mind the gameplay, graphics, I love star trek and would love to play it more/RP my characters more... but I don't wanna just SIT in a game in sector space/a station for hours going "Meh... what to do..."

If I could make a suggestion for what to do that has helped me a lot with this game; Tell yourself you don't NEED any of it. It's a free to play game. Treat it as such and unlock things that you want whenever you get around to affording them. It doesn't help with the lack of content, but it does at least change the game from a 2nd job back to... well, a game. At least for me.

And there will be new stuff to do in the next expansion, see if you like it.
    Lynis, Orion Engineer, main
    Rrezeth, Gorn Tactical, primary alt
    Nari, Orion Science, secondary alt
  • britishtarbritishtar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    they should take a look at planetside 2
    :mad: HATE THE NEW FOURMS

join date december 2011
  • kalavierkalavier Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The problem is, the only things left to do is grab lower level characters through the content I've done many times to max level, and then park them there to do nothing.

The new stuff frankly doesn't entice me to come back. "Here, ANOTHER thing to have to put dilithium in. Oh, and you'll need even more for the STF outfits that you like." If say, the "rep" system was account wide (or faction wide for KDf and fedside) I might be more interested. But it looks like both are character bound. I don't wanna do a grind for every character to get the STF armor costumes I like.

The STF's are interesting yeah, but after grinding my XII honor guard, I literally just don't wanna load them up. My level 50 characters have nothing to do that doesn't feel like just going through the motions for some dilithium *repeat on all level 50 chars*.
  • endafreshendafresh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm just surprised that there are foundry missions designed to exploit the 'do the foundry daily' thing.

The very idea of dailies rubs me the wrong way.
    Just change them to weeklies and give 7x the usual daily reward. Done.

And a bit of non-trolling advice:
    If you're playing more than 2 hours a day, go outside or something instead of whining about lack of content. Seriously just do something else offline, you'll be better off for it. There are so many games (and variety of games) available out there that even if you're allergic to the sun you can never really run out of new games to play and stories to experience.

Of course if you don't care about story....*shrug*
  • startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the reputation system is ok(not great, not horrible), me liking romi stuff(the ground weapons mostly) is making me want to use the rep. system(atleast the romi side)

STF's, i got bored of them, im ignoring the omega side of the rep. system.

I agree with the original post for the most part. This game needs more things thats not grinding....

Again i agree with the OP for the most part.

But the rep. system in optional....you can still have fun in game with out it(foundary for example)

I hope STO gets more into story and exploration(and pvp of course:))

Again everything is optional...i spend most my time on the foundary...