test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Realy Slow Patching

antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
Did anyone know have same prob or know why the Patch Download is so slow?

Every other Downloads run up to 1,8 MB/s,but in the Launcher it patch around under 0,1 MB/s.

I disable on-demand Patching to get the full Patch,Proxy is US and Patch via Proxy atm.Im from Germany.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why are you patching by proxy? Have you tried without any proxy settings enabled?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    No Speed Change if i Patch with or without Proxy.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Have you tried disabling your firewall and antivirus? You could also test your connection to the patchservers to see if its an overall problem on the way to the cryptic patch server (as opposed to just on your end).

If you are familiar with the command line window (windows OS), type:

tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

High numbers indicate high latencies. If it is happening on each server then maybe its not just on your end.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Patchserver is 97 ms,but i guess thats Oki from Germany to a US Server.The Prob is its only in Sto all other Games or Downmloads are oki,looks like its since the last 4-5 days,not sure if it have to do with "Sandy"
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Maybe your right. Also, there are likely many people downloading the tribble patch in preparation for the weekend test too.
  • Options
    casperius1009casperius1009 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    same here, I'm from Croatia, but not just Tribble, but Live as well is effected by slowdowns from monday this week, and not just patching when launcher is started, but also ingame patching when you load a new map.
    my ping to us based servers is 130-140ms
  • Options
    realuniqueonerealuniqueone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cryptic seriously needs to look at setting up a cdn for patching. Not just for tribble, hollodeck patches are painfull too.
    >>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
  • Options
    rdm1958rdm1958 Member Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    antep01 wrote: »
    Did anyone know have same prob or know why the Patch Download is so slow?

Every other Downloads run up to 1,8 MB/s,but in the Launcher it patch around under 0,1 MB/s.

I disable on-demand Patching to get the full Patch,Proxy is US and Patch via Proxy atm.Im from Germany.

typically i go home for lunch and my wife has STO up and running for me. she was complaining that it was taking forever to patch. when i got home just past noon it was at 89%. she just texted me right before 2 this afternnoon telling me it finally completed.
  • Options
    tidgy82tidgy82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    same for me, get's to 10.5 and stops

in the time i was wating managed to download the whole initial client from steam and that started a 6gb patch which was actualy working.

Im not sure whats going on but past few days there's been patch after patch after patch.

Pretty poor tbh
  • Options
    moogle1982moogle1982 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm experiencing this today. I'm in Canada. usually patches are very quick.