omencookieomencookie Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just came to look around and I'm impressed! Catch ya'll around New Romulus

Adler
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    rcastillo wrote: »
    I've tried hanging around the Tau Dewa sector as an earlier post said that the group is in that area somewhat, but haven't seen any of the 26th fleet. If anyone would like to reach out to me directly, feel free: S'uvok@rcastillo

Sorry about that, mate. Most of us have been offline for Christmas or just sort of dicking about OOCly. We'll be back to the normal course of business after the New Year hangovers are dealt with :D
  • Options
    rcastillorcastillo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    warpedcore wrote: »
    Sorry about that, mate. Most of us have been offline for Christmas or just sort of dicking about OOCly. We'll be back to the normal course of business after the New Year hangovers are dealt with :D

I figured as much - no worries. This group just looks like it'll be tons of fun to play with.
  • Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Trying to grab you Rcastillo. I'm @juroden if you see my friend invite
  • Options
    rcastillorcastillo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    llywarch wrote: »
    Trying to grab you Rcastillo. I'm @juroden if you see my friend invite

I'm at work right now, so I'll accept the invite when I get home and log in =)
  • Options
    thisnameshowsupthisnameshowsup Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Your Fleet sounds like what I have been looking for since the beginning of STO. Wondering what I would have to do to join? If at all possible?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Your Fleet sounds like what I have been looking for since the beginning of STO. Wondering what I would have to do to join? If at all possible?

Absolutely. Just visit our website and click the application. :)
  • Options
    scottythecscottythec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Woohoo!

Looks like a whole squadron of new applicants to the 26th, all joining at once :D
  • Options
    aaliyanahaaliyanah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Back up you go! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Activity is way up again now that the Holidays is over. Anyone interested in being Starbase crew? We need some people to man our giant space station!
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I have run into @Sprint01 before I left for vacation back in Sep / Oct, it's good to see a new, serious and successful RP effort ongoing.

Now, before I click in my application on your website I just want to make a couple enquiries first just so I can make sure my IC characters and myself can fit in properly.

1) I am pretty much a no nonsense STO player and I do not have much patience for "standard fare" ways to tackle ESTFs and other forms of gameplay. My characters innovate, to various means and ends dictated by their historical background. They innovate a lot, to the extent that elite STF fleets find me annoying (and wonder why a lone Tholian carrier can solo 5 elite tactical cubes on the HSE). Not my fault most of the "experts" of STO have closed their minds to tactical innovation - a trait that has kept the Federation alive for hundreds of years.

One is highly influenced by the Bajoran way of life, another is a covert Augment who finds it absurd that times of war allows her to circumvent certain aspects of Federation law (seriously, other RP guilds didn't even touch on this!). The Augment acts more like a Klingon (despite being human) due to interstellar trade experience pre-2409.

2) I enjoy telling war stories from an IC perspective to benefit new players, and I can do the same IC interaction in the middle of space combat missions. This means I can follow or lead IC space events without hindrance to STO gameplay. Infact RPed STFs are mighty fun and I did that for months in my own fleet - Redneck Academy (now defunct due to player disappointment with the game).

On the other hand, certain other "mature" fleet has had resorted to being internet bullies to stop me from RPing with new players (despite it being highly beneficial for fleet recruitment and great for pre-STF training) so I just want to have a feel for the organization before I join for real.

Once onboard I can act as a military secretary (I write AARs and stuff pretty well and also produce regular youtube videos given enough inspiration) or general frontline operative who kills stuff (ICly) without much social interests. And that should fit your premise of wartime RP, right? :)

Let me know if I have a place in the 26th, and I shall proceed to submit the application accordingly.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Carmenara! I was hoping to run into you again. Quite frankly, any of your characters would be welcome in the fleet. We try to find as many ways as possible to say 'Yes' rather than 'No' to certain types of RP. Your Recluse is an OOC ship, or an IC one? As a Starfleet outpost, we ICly only have facilities to service standard starfleet ships. Our goal is to make a believable Star Trek experience, so we limit our IC ships to Starfleet designs, for Starfleet officers.

Now, on the other hand, if there was an alien or free traders partaking in our adventures, that's a different story. Come by the forums and get to know some of our players. Given our past conversations, and your ideas here, I really think you'd have a good time with us.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Come talk to me ingame @Juroden

Ill answer any questions you might have
  • Options
    ashlarienashlarien Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This sounds like the type of Fleet I've been looking for. I love RPing in games. So much so that I literally have a biography for every BOFF on my ship. And a believable one, kinda make up for my Alien captain's somewhat-stretching bio.

I'd even be willing to fly a lower-tier ship for the sake of RP, since I doubt any fleet would be entirely top-of-the-line ships.

Do I apply through your website, or by hunting someone down in-game?

Captain is Gadget@ashlarien if it's via in-game.
    Nyerti "Gadget" Val-Doran. Vice Admiral.
    U.S.S Spellbound, Multi-Mission Strategic Explorer. NCC-92008.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Fill out an app on the forums please then come find me @Juroden ingame and we can ge you set mate
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    warpedcore wrote: »
    Carmenara! I was hoping to run into you again. Quite frankly, any of your characters would be welcome in the fleet. We try to find as many ways as possible to say 'Yes' rather than 'No' to certain types of RP. Your Recluse is an OOC ship, or an IC one? As a Starfleet outpost, we ICly only have facilities to service standard starfleet ships. Our goal is to make a believable Star Trek experience, so we limit our IC ships to Starfleet designs, for Starfleet officers.

Now, on the other hand, if there was an alien or free traders partaking in our adventures, that's a different story. Come by the forums and get to know some of our players. Given our past conversations, and your ideas here, I really think you'd have a good time with us.

Oh good attention to detail there. I have no IC justification for actually using the Tholian ship (and don't really like the interior) but it was a good means to demonstrate that "carriers don't suck" and innovation triumphs over uniform linear thinking.

The Fed side doesn't have a true assault carrier unlike the Klingons with their demon fish but when I saw "Commander Universal Boff" I went "hmm" and made it work just for fun.

Logically such a boat wouldn't exist on Federation orders of battle at all - they wouldn't build anything that looks like an arsenal ship full of TCMs and kamikaze drones, but for battle simulation purposes it could be a splendid what if ship concept.

Which could be easily (relatively speaking) RPable because the STFs we play nowadays really do resemble combat simulations. They are too linear and non dynamic to pass off as real battle re-enactments as we know from Trek canon.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Come and man our giant space station. It needs some more love. Spots open for XO, CMO, all sorts of Dept heads.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Things heat up on New Romulus, as the nefarious Ebon Wing Syndicate makes a move on the new Romulan capital. Could this congolmarate of smugglers, scientists and pirates be backing the Tal Shiar in it's bid to regain control of the Romulan people?

*Massage came in box with Romulan Ale being send to Admiral Hunter as gift for 26th Fleet's help at New Romulus, still report is written with pen on paper*
    Stardate: 90573.33

Admiral Hunter, right now I'm on New Romulus. They found out I work for someone else, they don't know for whom yet and I try my best to not let them find out. But I left for them some leads to make them believe that I was working for Toddman.

During my escape I had to fake my death for first time in dockingbay explosion at Drozana. It damaged few Ebon Wing smaller crafts and killed or injured around 30 Ebon Wing agents and hired thugs. First I escaped to Cardassian Space, so I could call few of my old contacts for help. But just after a week Ebon Wing found me again. I managed to escape them, faking my death for second time. Just after that I traveled to Risa to get new surgery to change my appearance. With new face I decided to follow Ebon Wing to Tau Dewa. I figured that they won't be looking for me just under they noses. Also I didn't contact you to reinforce believe that I was working for Toddman.

For now I found out that Ebon Wing sold some informations about Starfleet's and KDF's forces helping Romulans at New Romulus to various Romulan factions. I also saw one Ebon Wing agent meeting with Romulan women. From her behavior and fact that she almost cought me observing them, I assume that she was a member of Tal Shiar. That makes situation very dangerous, because now Tal Shiar can monitor situation on New Romulus without risking their agents and thanks to Ebon Wing noone can be sure how much they know about moves of Starfleet and KDF forces.

Unfortunately Ebon Wing agents found out that someone is gathering informations about them. I'm not sure if they know its me or if they know that I'm the same person who infiltrated them on Drozana. I'm affraid I will be in need for fast exctraction from New Romulus. Right now I'm looking as human posing as civilian worker helping at building site of new Romulan Capital.
  • Options
    jonnymc117jonnymc117 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    back to the top, we are still recruiting
    Captain Eric Drago, Task Force Avalon (@jonnymc)
    Senior Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
    http://26thfleet.enjin.com/home
  • Options
    agentcross420agentcross420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    An amazing Fleet that I was lucky enough to become a part of. Great RP with Mature Adults with excellent story telling and senses of humor.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The 26th Fleet is happy to announce that we've finally upgraded to the Odyssey uniform variant. We finished our tailor project towards the end of December, and it took us some time to design a uniform that reflects the spirit of Star Trek, the uniqueness of our fleet, and honors the dedication and hard work conducted by all of our members.

Prospective applicants can read about this and other exciting news by clicking on the link below, in my signature.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    With that big thread looking for sn rp fleet let me use that as a chance yo let you know the 26th is alive and ready!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The 26th was out in full force today at the rp summit. It was Great! I hope you guys who contacted me at the meeting about some alliances and building community bonds hit me up soon!

Captain Rhys Llywarch
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ive made a ton of connections at the rp fleet summit but I think I lost a ton olin the insane scroll of text. If I missed you and you want to talk about meeting/working/ect with the 26th hit me up @Juroden

Captain Llywarch
  • Options
    chittydchittyd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been looking for an active roleplaying fleet and this seems perfect. I've done a lot roleplaying in other games over the years and have always wanted to in STO but could never find a good group. How do I go about getting an interview or an invite or however recruiting is done? In-game, my global handle is @chittyd, so I can be emailed or messaged there if you'd like.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Go to our enjin site and hit recruitment everything is explained there. Or grab me @Juroden ifyou see me on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Our thread needs some love. We are very present and very very active. I can't wait to hear from you guys.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    While the Federation Council debates the merits of a police action for the Tau Dewa Sector, an voice against such a heavy handed move has come from an unexpected quarter - Starfleet itself. Speaking at a press conference yesterday, Admiral Jennifer Hunter outlined the progress that has been made during the assistance mission to Mol'Rihan so far.

The daughter of the late Dominion War hero, Admiral Gordon T. Hunter, spoke pointedly when asked if a police action would protect Federation and Romulan interests alike in Tau Dewa. Since the Mol'Rihan initiative began, this Admiral Hunter has seen numerous vessels, personnel and resources deployed throughout the Tau Dewa Sector. Not every deployment has been a smooth one with the notable loss of the USS Ohio while protecting a Romulan convoy.

"History does not support such actions." the commander of the 26th Fleet responded, going on to add, "It has been a rough number of months, but we cannot overlook the very real progress and improvement in our relations with our current approach."

Since the Mol'Rihan initiative began, this Admiral Hunter has seen numerous vessels, personnel and resources deployed throughout the Tau Dewa Sector. Not every deployment has been a smooth one with the notable loss of the USS Ohio while protecting a Romulan convoy. Despite this and other losses, the Admiral offered that the Romulan government of Mol'Rihan understands and is even beginning to reciprocate the offer of friendship.

"As it stands, Romulan patrols are expanding and joining Starfleet patrols when they can. On the ground, we have a level of technical and resource sharing that is frankly unprecedented in Federation/Romulan relations." Hunter said.

When asked if she would support a further military deployment to Tau Dewa, Hunter provided an appropriate Starfleet answer, stating that Starfleet Command is directed by the civilian branch of the Federation government.

"Clearly, if the situation worsens, and more ships and personnel are needed, we'll do as we're directed. Until such time, we're going to lend a hand, and be good neighbours just like we're doing now."
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    This is FNN special reporter Gina Thomas reporting live from Starfleet base Praetorian on the Klingon border. It is a veritable hub of activity at the best of times, known on starcharts as Starbase 381 or to many that I've spoken to here, simply as 'home'. Today's activity levels would seem to make even orbital control around Earth seem like a trivial chore.Thousands of Starfleet personnel are preparing, some are saying, for one of the largest military deployments since the Dominion War.

A build up of ships and personnel this large simply cannot go unnoticed, but the question on everyone's mind seems to be 'what is the target'? What will their orders be? Many people are looking to the two, all-night sessions recently held by the Federation Council where an exasperated President tried in vain to gather a consensus on a military deployment to the Tau Dewa sector.

The Mol'Rihan government and Starfleet Command have come under increasing pressure to ensure the stability of the sector, and provide security for the thousands of Romulans who are flocking to the banner of a new homeworld. Working against them are a number of criminal elements and the interests of resident powers in Tau Dewa who, many suggest, have never truly been friends to the Romulan people.

Only one thing seems certain - the hours are counting down to a decision and orders that could impact the entire balance of power in the Beta Quadrant. Praetorian station, one way or another will be in the middle of any outcome, good or bad.

For FNN, this is Gina Thomas reporting live from Starbase 381.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The latest attack by the Klingon Empire came with little warning and was met by a well prepared line of Starfleet defenses, anchored at Praetorian station. The assault spread across most of the front with the Klingon Empire and according to many was a probing attack, intended for the Klingons to keep tabs on Starfleet's deployment strength across a large sector of space.

Other sources including retired Starfleet Captain Stanley Foster suggested another possibility. "This is about sending a message, frankly. The Klingons see what the Federation is planning for the old Romulan territories, and they are telling us that they will move against us if we over step our reach." Foster told me from the bridge of the civilian transport he now operates. "They may have had other objectives... the need to feed a blood lust before their High Council, I'm not sure, but the message was clear."

The 26th Fleet continues to be at the vanguard of defensive operations along a pivotal corridor of the Beta Quadrant, and was a chief participant in protecting Federation assets and outposts during the assault. When asked for comment, Admiral Jennifer Hunter's office provided prepared statements praising the valor of her commanders and their crews, but providing little other detail. It is now understood that the normally forthcoming Admiral has been called before a Federation Council Committee along with her superior officer Admiral Jorel Quinn, the head of Starfleet.

When the Committee convenes in a few days, it is expected that the Admirals will be grilled over Starfleet's ability to police Romulan space per the pending debate that has recently garnered so much attention in front of the Federation Council. Hunter is known to oppose the Council's current sentiment, and favors further support of the Mol'Rihan government versus direct intervention. Admiral Quinn has thus far supported his subordinate, but both Admirals, deeply vested in Starfleet tradition, are expected to tow the line, regardless of how the Council votes on the Romulan issue.

Reporting live from Starbase 381, this is Gina Thomas for FNN.