test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Down-Time?

akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
Good afternoon,

I have a question relating to the upcoming launch of Season 7 and any anticipated down-time relating to the Foundry.

I'm running a Foundry-based Halloween event for my fleet over the next few days and wanted to know whether access to the Foundry will be turned-off, following the launch of Season 7. There seems to have been a history of this in the past, and wanted to know if any specific down-time is planned.

If so, will missions published prior to the Season 7 launch still be accessible, etc? For the benefit of Foundry authors, would the dev team be able to share any planned downtime details with us?

Thanks in advance!
faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
Post edited by akrilon on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Season 7 won't be done for at least another week. When I don't know, but not this week.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Terrific, thanks for that :) I was getting concerned with the Vesta Dev Blog post, as I know it was supposed to launch with Season 7 :D
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    We've not announced the launch date for Season 7, but we'll be going through the same precautionary measures with the Foundry as we have for past seasons -- except, we're hoping for much shorter downtime durations :) Zero and I will work together to provie more information and communication (similar to last Season's release) as we get closer to launch of New Romulus.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    You know for me makes more sense launch date . When the promo action for lifetime will end. 12.11 . With comment, dude you had chance to buy lifetime. NOW is the time to use it .

OR .) they delayed ask cryptic to mid november, for Q about S7 :) so maybe little later : P
    :)
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Thanks very much for taking the time to respond, BranFlakes! :) Much appreciated!
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    To be really honest being that if you make a mission in the foundry rather its extremely awful or extremely impressive... The time players spend will either be spent on stfs, fleet events, doffing, or pvp (more ppl pvp in this game than people who do foundry missions).

There really needs to be a revamp of how the foundry operates in the games dynamics of a time spent reward system because you might write a great story but doesn't add up to a hill of beans if players view the foundry as a waste of their precious free time.

So in conclusion the foundry being taken down for short term or long term in its present state will not impact the game in the slightest.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well they said they were going to add mission rewards for spotlighted missions...before season 7
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan