test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Abilities in tray movement

cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Controls and User Interface
How can I move (or delete) the Powers in the tray for both Ground and Space?

It seems they are positioned in the tray by some default criteria I cannot discern, or have not discovered.

Any help will be appreciated :)

I checked STOwiki and my search-fu there and here may be weak :o
Post edited by cmdrscarlet on

Comments

• rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Bring up the power tray screen. There's a small "padd" like icon on the upper right corner of your power tray. Make sure "lock" is unchecked. Then click from the menu down to the tray. To remove from the tray, right click and drag off the tray and release. You can also swap skill positions by right clicking and dragging an existing skill over the top of another and releasing it.

EDIT: When you are done, be sure to check the "lock" again. Otherwise you can accidentally move stuff on the fly during combat. I've done that a time or two.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I HATE the way this game screws with your skill tray. It'd better to just leave it empty by default and require the player to arrange everything. Instead, every new weapon shows up in a random tray slot, every new ship shuffles your bridge officer skills, and once in awhile, just for fun, a big patch will wipe the whole thing out.

:mad:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hmm.

Right click and drag ... that was a combo I had not considered. ;) THIS is what I needed to know so thank you very much for the response!
  • llorcanllorcan Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi, Is there any other option to delete the tray items other then right clicking on an item? I am using a track pad which only lets me right click by holding down two fingers... but then it wont let me drag the item away.

thanks!
  • aspheasphe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    llorcan wrote: »
    Hi, Is there any other option to delete the tray items other then right clicking on an item? I am using a track pad which only lets me right click by holding down two fingers... but then it wont let me drag the item away.

thanks!

For ground, I use an item like an 'inventory pet' (non-combat pet). Find an empty spot in your inventory and put an usable item in it. Place that item in your powers tray. Then move the item.

You can do the same thing for space (the Call Trader Ship item for example) but I just use Assign Raiding Party/Grant Diplomatic Immunity or Balance Shields.

If someone can figure out how to make the delete power function work... the old console commands no longer work for this.
  • twistedsouljatwistedsoulja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ahhh tray buttons lol, since I cannot create a thread, I will try to hijack this one briefly.
    Is there anyway to save the order of you're tray buttons because I have to re arrange mine on EVERY single instance, its like they keep getting reset to default and is probably the most annoying thing in game right now :(
    It seems like a bug but how can i clear it so i can save my setup of buttons, i have tried restarting the game but i think there might be a file i can delete and recreate ?
  • giveroffacialsgiveroffacials Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ahhh tray buttons lol, since I cannot create a thread, I will try to hijack this one briefly.
    Is there anyway to save the order of you're tray buttons because I have to re arrange mine on EVERY single instance, its like they keep getting reset to default and is probably the most annoying thing in game right now :(
    It seems like a bug but how can i clear it so i can save my setup of buttons, i have tried restarting the game but i think there might be a file i can delete and recreate ?

This is a MAJOR BUG that has been giving almost everyone fits since about the time Delta Fail-Whale came out. Cryptic hasn't been able to fix it and IF they are communicating the status of fixing it(and they don't seem to be), most people aren't seeing it.
    Space the final frontier. These are the voyages of [your name here] on a five year mission to gain one level after the delta rising xp nerf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]