test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

question about weapons power settings

novemberalphanovemberalpha Member Posts: 33 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Federation Discussion
the plasma distribution manifold do you see a difference with the weapons power. My power levels on my cruiser still shows 125 once this console is added
Post edited by novemberalpha on

Comments

• hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If any power level goes above 125, it doesn't show it going higher, but if you set your settings to 50, you will see exactly how high over 125 you are going.

Ex. Weapons power 85/50 means that at it will be 135/100 even though it only shows 125/100.
    *note this is not taking WCE skill into account
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • eurialoeurialo Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the plasma distribution manifold do you see a difference with the weapons power. My power levels on my cruiser still shows 125 once this console is added

there is a cap to power levels (125 and I did not find any evidence about a hidden "buffer"). The advantage in using console like that one is that you can set your weapon power to (ex) 80 and still have 125.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Playing STO spamming FAW is like playing chess using always the computer's suggested moves
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited October 2012
    It has been established that the weapon power level damage modifier caps at 125.

However, you can have an overflow. The advantage of this, is that the drain from weapon fire starts at whatever power you have in that subsystem.

So, if you have 135/100 (even though it only shows at 125/100), the drain from your weapon fire starts at 135. Which means more of your weapons will be firing at the 125 damage modifier.

Overall, this will increase your DPS.