Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 26, 2012

Comments

• Options
    woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Does Acamar have Acamarians?

Will our brains get slowly fried if we beam down to the surface of Galorndon Core?

Nah, Klingons Intelligence is rumour only. Klingons and Pakleds can remain on G-Core without adverse effects. :D

Acamarians would be cool. They are rubber-forehead aliens anyway and their forehead would make a nice addition to the Alien creator.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • Options
    ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Klingon intelligence everytime I play that doff mission in KDF, I think of I think it was Groucho Marx of "military intelligence is a contradiction in terms" :)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Acamarians do show up as neutrals but look funny... almost as if they have klingon forehead ridges.

lol @ comment about Klingons and Pakleds

The descriptions of Galorndon Core and Acamar mention how they were seen in TNG.

Noticed another bug:
    Eject warp plasma causes power levels to spike.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    this is not showing on the map for me , where is it ?

This was a change made yesterday, after the build you currently have. In a future update you will get it.

The area of the map currently labeled "Isha Forest" is now "Paehhos Crater." The whole area containing Epohh Fields, The Hwael Ruins, and Paehhos Crater is ALL Isha Forest. This was done to try and fix some confusion people were having while running missions.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    woerligen wrote: »
    Nah, Klingons Intelligence is rumour only. Klingons and Pakleds can remain on G-Core without adverse effects. :D

Acamarians would be cool. They are rubber-forehead aliens anyway and their forehead would make a nice addition to the Alien creator.

they are inteligent enough to build starships transporters photon torps. warp etc......

just cus u dont understand there culture and way of life doesnt mean they are not intelligent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jhighfilljhighfill Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Assuming a difficulty increase is coming to all Stf missions. I propose making 3 ques instead of 2.

1) Level 44 Unlocks Normal
    2) Level 50 and repetition tier 2 unlocks Elite Stf
    3) Level 50 and tier 4 unlocks Ultra Stf (Reserved Pre-made Teams)

Make Stf/Mission leaver penalty a vote based system

This will solve problems with people going to harder Stf missions with impossible builds and people just quitting during Missions.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    This was a change made yesterday, after the build you currently have. In a future update you will get it.

The area of the map currently labeled "Isha Forest" is now "Paehhos Crater." The whole area containing Epohh Fields, The Hwael Ruins, and Paehhos Crater is ALL Isha Forest. This was done to try and fix some confusion people were having while running missions.

thx for the info
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jorial892 wrote: »
    From what my team tested tonight dil rewards are 480 normal 960 elite

That's a definite improvement over the half-as-much amounts that were awarded in the previous build. It's almost as much as the old award (1100 for Elite). While I, like many players, would love to see 1200 or 1440 dilithium for Elite, I can accept 960 if that is the amount that ends up going to Holodeck.
  • Options
    craigsam13craigsam13 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks for adding new things!

A few bugs to report:

Acamar system mission to mediate the dispute completed successfully using diplomacy but gave no rewards.

The Galorndon Core mission allowed me to fly ahead of the Gecklis and kill Hirogen without many of the Hirogen moving or firing back. There is a typo in the mission text - "Captain! A larger hunting party is headed out way!" I also didn't get any rewards for completing this mission either.

Japori System patrol had no rewards either - I'm assuming that the rewards for these missions aren't hooked up yet?

Update: I see the overall daily mission listing gets updated, rather than each mission having a reward. You guys many want to make this a little clearer, including the daily mission saying X/X missions completed.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Romulan background is supposed to be based on the Roman Empire history. It's sad no one in the dev team made a quick search to give better place names. Toponimy matters. As an history teacher, i'm a bit disappointed here. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Nice Changes, but is it just me or did they Increase the XP for the Rep system form 40.000 to 100.000? if thats the Case we will never be able to Proceed far enough before the System goes live.
    Sometimes on New Romulus i keep falling thru the Ground. Also it seems that the Accolade for the locations are not active as i only get the one near the entrance to the Embassary.

I got the Romulan Researcher Accolade by Jumping from a Stone onto the upper Level of the Ruins, no idea if this should be so.

The Assimilated Console still is a mission reward for the Assimilated Mission.

The radionscan is a bit odd i think the keys are wrong as when im klicking left arror it schould get smaller not bigger and vice versa.

The Research Mission wont start on New Romulus.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    STfs giving 480-900 dilithium? I like that. I really....really like that.
    So I take it that it means only a very slight decrease in elite dilithium reward, unlike earlier forecasts?

Isha Forest... Can I hope for a Nurgle Swamp next to it? :)
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    kasandarokasandaro Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ST.25.20121022a.7

UI:
    • Updated the ship chooser UI.
      • The small craft and large craft have been split into two lists.
      • You are now able to set your preferred ship type on maps that allow either.
      • These changes can be accessed via the Ship Chooser contact.

this works (and is a great thing), but the ship customization is stuck on the shuttle if you have one active. Will there eventually be a chooser in that dialogue?
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I did try to eplore New Romulus but when crossing the large bridge, I get a gameclient.exe eoor and it closes. When I log back in on this character, it crashes again as soon as my toon spawns in the same place. :(
  • Options
    sboslayersboslayer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We ran the Hive tonight, a ground of ground pvpers. Got the best of everything and the additional mob updates made the mission impossible. Needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jcsww wrote: »
    I did try to eplore New Romulus but when crossing the large bridge, I get a gameclient.exe eoor and it closes. When I log back in on this character, it crashes again as soon as my toon spawns in the same place. :(
    sounds like the same intermittent issue I've been seeing mainly in ESD and DS9. I've seen it on New Romulus a few times too. just try it a few more times.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sounds like the same intermittent issue I've been seeing mainly in ESD and DS9. I've seen it on New Romulus a few times too. just try it a few more times.

Only if I'm tapping the movement keys when I log in does it not crash. However, I had it crash again down by the opposite end of the river from the big ugly thing that I can run through.
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jorial892 wrote: »
    From what my team tested tonight dil rewards are 480 normal 960 elite

I don't know about anyone else, but I find this to be a MUCH more palatable compromise. If this is the direction moving forward, kudos to the devs for listening to feedback regarding the 240/480 original design.

Now, if we can just convince you to lower the dilithium cost on the doff-grinder (even double the current rates would be fine), I think you'll have a patch that (most) everyone will love! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    it's still less than we get now dilithium wise :( , is this all of season 7 on tribble or just part of it ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Actually it's about the same or better with mark convershion.

With that it works out at 680 and 1560 respectivlly. I did notice when i got my dil that we hit the optional, maybe where getting double dil on optionals? Would make sense and be a good idea IMHO.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    carl103 wrote: »
    Actually it's about the same or better with mark convershion.

With that it works out at 680 and 1560 respectivlly. I did notice when i got my dil that we hit the optional, maybe where getting double dil on optionals? Would make sense and be a good idea IMHO.

dont you have to reach teir 5 in the rep system to trade in marks for dilithium ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, that's when they say you start getting that ability.

Currently, i'm sitting on about 154,963 dilithium in STF loot on my main alone, is there any word on when the conversion will be hitting tribble? The reputation system is already there, but everything in my bank is still in there. also, when it does hit, would it be possible to tell us the amount on conversion instead of leaving it a secret until we open the box?
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    dont you have to reach teir 5 in the rep system to trade in marks for dilithium ?

The conversion project is in the upgrade section of the list and is available at tier 0. It requires 5 of the elite drops and rewards 1000 dilithium and requires 15 seconds to run. Since its in the upgrade list it will not interfere with your main reputation projects, most of the time the upgrade slot should be empty.

This means that an elite run will result is 1160 dilithum average after 5 runs. The drop is only on elite though so normal will probably end up being 480 only. I did not see any way to trade normal marks for dilithum.

There is NO additional drop besides the marks and elite drop. No loot bags either, regardless of getting the optional. It kind of kills the anticipation of finding out what you will get. Felt a bit like a let down after it was over.
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah the new dilitium marks sound like a much better compromise.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just logged in to Tribble to check one specific item..

Apparently the conversion of existing omega force standing has not been implemented.

My lead character on the test server has got a whole lot of Omega force gear.

If I may suggest..

Put a trade in vendor where players can trade in existing Omega, KHG, MACO sets and pieces for a refund of marks plus dilithium (seeing Dilithium is required to advance in the Omega force tiers) and parse accolades for existing Omega related accolades and titles for a award of Omega rep so we who have run hundreds of STF's don't have to do it all over again from scratch?

It seems a lovely system on par with the way the fleet starbase system works and all, but I would like some sort of head start into the new system.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    afree100afree100 Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Well on average I get about 2000 dili per Elite STF + EDCs.
    Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honor Guard
  • Options
    theultimatextheultimatex Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    We can visit Khitomer? Interesting.
  • Options
    daywalkerhawkdaywalkerhawk Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just logged in to Tribble to check one specific item..

Apparently the conversion of existing omega force standing has not been implemented.

My lead character on the test server has got a whole lot of Omega force gear.

If I may suggest..

Put a trade in vendor where players can trade in existing Omega, KHG, MACO sets and pieces for a refund of marks plus dilithium (seeing Dilithium is required to advance in the Omega force tiers) and parse accolades for existing Omega related accolades and titles for a award of Omega rep so we who have run hundreds of STF's don't have to do it all over again from scratch?

It seems a lovely system on par with the way the fleet starbase system works and all, but I would like some sort of head start into the new system.

You dont lose what you have, the only things that will be convertet and locked down is the EDC, Salvage and Techdrops. If you have allready a MK XII Set you will keep it.