test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (October 25, 2012)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited October 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, October 25th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 3 hours. The test servers may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• dragongod17dragongod17 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Are the "Couldn't Transfer Character" errors going to be addressed/fixed in this patch?
  • dp1149dp1149 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    are The "couldn't Transfer Character" Errors Going To Be Addressed/fixed In This Patch?

Pleeeeeeeease? :D
    Damn the torpedoes, warp speed ahead!
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    only 3 hours is that all ? :D , will tribble be down also ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • intrinsicalintrinsical Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hmm, no fix for LTS KDF characters not being able to claim starship fireworks effect? I would have thought thats an easy fix...
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    that's exclusivity there when an entire patch is devoted to us lifers :)

can we also have double Zen for this month?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, October 25th, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to only last for 3 hours. The test servers may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

REALLY 3 hours for just this:The bonus character slots awarded for 300 and 700 day Veterans will be now correctly awarded to Lifetime subscribers as well.
    Players who have been subscribed for over 700 days are not affected as they have been awarded their slots
    Players who have a Lifetime subscription and have been subscribed for 300 days, but not 700 days, will receive their 700-day slot
    Players who have a Lifetime subscription and have been subscribed for less than 300 days will receive their 300- and 700-day slot
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    argent007 wrote: »
    that's exclusivity there when an entire patch is devoted to us lifers :)

can we also have double Zen for this month?

are you trying to TRIBBLE off gold subbed players ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited October 2012
    arkyboy wrote: »
    REALLY 3 hours for just this:The bonus character slots awarded for 300 and 700 day Veterans will be now correctly awarded to Lifetime subscribers as well.
    Players who have been subscribed for over 700 days are not affected as they have been awarded their slots
    Players who have a Lifetime subscription and have been subscribed for 300 days, but not 700 days, will receive their 700-day slot
    Players who have a Lifetime subscription and have been subscribed for less than 300 days will receive their 300- and 700-day slot

As the OP states: "...for maintenance and to apply a new patch". It's the maintenance part that requires the length of time noted. It's usually 2 hours, but sometimes is 3 (or longer for Season Releases, for example).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Are the "Couldn't Transfer Character" errors going to be addressed/fixed in this patch?

If you are referring to transferring a character from Holodeck to Tribble, then you might want to try making sure that you have an extra character slot on Tribble or are not logged into that character on Holodeck when you attempt to transfer the character.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2012
    U know they have to clean the hamster cage.... if they don't it gets stinky.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited October 2012
    jaguaro70 wrote: »
    If you are referring to transferring a character from Holodeck to Tribble, then you might want to try making sure that you have an extra character slot on Tribble or are not logged into that character on Holodeck when you attempt to transfer the character.

No, I think he means the "when you transfer maps ingame you get booted out" errors...

I got booted out trying to complete a mission 10 times earlier, I gave up in the end and played SWTOR instead ;)
  • jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    No, I think he means the "when you transfer maps ingame you get booted out" errors...

I got booted out trying to complete a mission 10 times earlier, I gave up in the end and played SWTOR instead ;)

Ahhh...Those pesky little errors.
  • jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Since this was about lifers, can we please get fireworks on KDF? I'm starving :(
  • dragongod17dragongod17 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yes, I meant the transfer to maps error. I should have been clearer in my original question. That was my mistake. Hopefully this issue gets fixed soon.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I was wondering about this as well. "Cold Storage" doesn't even load up because of this one issue.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    couldnt cryptic/pwe do an automated patch update thing without having to have the cryptic team focus on a patch and make another test server with similar core to the holodeck so they get more bugs out of the holodeck server quocker and have useful patches
  • ydorvalydorval Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    I was wondering about this as well. "Cold Storage" doesn't even load up because of this one issue.

Yeah that Can't transfer character to map is highly annoying

Yes i've been locked up on that mission also trying to get to the Lae'nas system

Sent a ticket and GM said they can't help me and elevated that one to the devs

/crosses fingers they fix it
  • sputtlessputtles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Pacific time sucks...
  • hibari#2697 hibari Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sputtles wrote: »
    Pacific time sucks...

Yup, they just getting up to go to school/work and we're just coming back from school/work. :P
  • suntadjsuntadj Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    great timing i get home from work lookin to spend sum zen n the servers go down for 3 hrs ahh
  • joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    suntadj wrote: »
    great timing i get home from work lookin to spend sum zen n the servers go down for 3 hrs ahh
    Me 2. :(

It's the same time every week, they say in any other time window there are usually more players online.
  • trenttylertrenttyler Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    jaguaro70 wrote: »

No, they are talking about the inability to complete missions because of the bug "Unable to transfer character". This bug has been in game since launch if i remember correctly. It gets fixed then rears its ugly head again and again.
  • captaingunner255captaingunner255 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Server Is Still Down And It's Now 4PM, Just Wondering Why The Server Is Still Down Cause Me And My Friend Were Just About To Go Onto It When It Said Connecting To Server Failed, It Said This For Me And My Friend.
  • joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If it's now 4PM for you, you're in GMT+2 zone and you have to wait till 6PM.
    Why? Because of the weekly server maintenance (2 hours) that usually runs between 3PM-5PM GMT and bug/glitch fix (1 hour).
  • joeljohnstonjoeljohnston Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Deffinetly bad timing, oh well now i can finish that 1/350 scale refit i have half done.
  • scbypwrscbypwr Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It would be nice if my klink could shoot fireworks. Its the only thing that is really worth the LTS membership...:D

My klink needs FIREWORKS!!!!!!
  • captmike82captmike82 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    3 hrs so u guys can suck up to the lifers??? this blows:mad::mad:
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hmmm still 1,5 hrs to go but patch is already out... great :D
    Edit: maybe we'll be able to get in more or less 30 mins from the ETA as many times happen
  • crazywarshipcrazywarship Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ugh 3 hours
  • guglifguglif Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Ladies and Gentlemans, 55 minutes before eta the server is OPEN!!
This discussion has been closed.