test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about the new stf system and a new proposal.

overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
So, I've been patiently waiting for more and more information on the new stf system. And I can't seem to figure out what they are fixing with the new system. The old saying, if it ain't broke don't fix it, should apply here. The only two things that I can come up with are to remove random drops from stfs, and to make people pay dilithium for the stf gear which we pretty much get for free.

On the point of random elite stf gear drops, I have 7 toons all of which have full sets for both space and ground and they did not take me that long to get, I can post actual numbers once I log in later to do some dailies. But to those of you who are unlucky enough to get full sets, are there enough of you to create such a big change in the system? How much people need to complain about this? 10%? 30%? 50%? And once you get your full set, will you still be complaining afterwards?

As for the dilithium part, the devs have decided they want less dilithium in the game, and this is how they want to do it. They remove a good chunk of dilithium you recieve from doing a stf, while at the same time making you use dilthium to get the equipment.

Cryptic seems to be fixing a problem that is not really there, with all this negativity against this new system. Maybe they should hold off implementing it for season 7. What I propose is to have both systems in place. Leave the old random system in place and use the new system for the romulan stfs. A lot of effort has been used to force this new system down our throat; effort which could have been better spent on fixing other things which could've used this attention (pvp, balancing, end game content, bug fixing, new development).