test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Regeneration... Two Ways!

icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
So, I've got a couple fun little ideas for some additions. Nothing too heavy, but I think they'll be fun. And... they both involve regeneration, in one form or another. Read on, if you want to know what I mean.

1: Liberated Borg Regeneration. This one's really simple: In a Ground STF, allow Liberated Borg character to regenerate in the Borg Alcoves (possibly using the same tech as sitting in a chair). This would grant a damage resistance buff, along with health (max and regen) and shield (same) buffs, as well as a small damage buff vs. Borg. This would make playing a Liberated Borg more fun (not saying it isn't, but there's no such thing as too much fun). How would this work?
Simple: Even Liberated Borg need to regenerate. By popping into an alcove, your implants would be recharged (hence the damage resist, health, and shield buffs). You would also slightly interface with the Collective, exposing weaknesses for drones in the area (the damage buff). The buffs wouldn't be too big (5%, maybe 10), and wouldn't last incredibly long (10 minutes, tops), ans all that assuming you find an alcove. I don't think it's game-breaking, but it'd be a nice addition.

2: An Adventure with The Doctor. This is where regeneration comes in the second time. Yes, I speak of the THE Doctor. The Oncoming Storm of Dalek legend, savior of the Universe, last of the Time Lords. He wouldn't actually regenerate in the mission, but this would be one of his "regenerations" (hence the title). It's non-canon, but everyone should know about the DW/TNG crossover, Assimilation2. It'd be a one-off, cross-faction mission with the Doctor, possibly involving the same general plot as the crossover comic (Cybermen + Borg), basically for the fun of it. Yes, there'd be some copyright issues that might need to be dealt with, but if CBS will authorize a comic series, why not a mission?
This mission would have some interesting mechanics. For instance, maybe hacking the Borg with the Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver (or, if the Doctor is in combat, him using it to stun them). But, the most fun would be the rewards. A new weapon (possibly, or maybe a device): The Sonic Screwdriver. Not able to kill targets, but will stun. Secondary fire targets self or ally, and works like a combination Quick Fix and Medical Tricorder (heal, debuff removal, weapon fix and buff). Or, if device, then a non-consumable omni-regenerator (heal any and all injuries). Then, an optional costume piece (Stetson or Fez, take your pick, they're both cool).

Thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    #1 They'll add it. But you must buy the lockbox key to unlock the alcove. Yea, cruel world. No. Perfect world. For them.

#2 Nice one, presumably listening to "I am the doctor" theme while playing it? Now that would be a problem, music in STO is rare, utterly cheap (probably made by a developer's kid at home) and Cryptic doesn't care for such stuff - as you can listen to it without buying the key!
    And yes, I acually have the first issue of the comic you mention - it's not a masterpiece but it's fun. However in my country I was unable to buy sequels to Assimilation. :(

Speaking of keys... Did you notice they are called (the) MASTER keys? ;)
    Yea, that guy:
    http://www.virginmedia.com/images/the-master-dr-who-431x300.jpg
    http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/Doctor%20Who%20the%20Master%20sonic%20laser%20screwdriver.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    joxertm2 wrote: »
    #1 They'll add it. But you must buy the lockbox key to unlock the alcove. Yea, cruel world. No. Perfect world. For them.

#2 Nice one, presumably listening to "I am the doctor" theme while playing it? Now that would be a problem, music in STO is rare, utterly cheap (probably made by a developer's kid at home) and Cryptic doesn't care for such stuff - as you can listen to it without buying the key!
    And yes, I acually have the first issue of the comic you mention - it's not a masterpiece but it's fun. However in my country I was unable to buy sequels to Assimilation. :(

Speaking of keys... Did you notice they are called (the) MASTER keys? ;)
    Yea, that guy:
    http://www.virginmedia.com/images/the-master-dr-who-431x300.jpg
    http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/Doctor%20Who%20the%20Master%20sonic%20laser%20screwdriver.jpg

I can't even get Assimilation #1, for lack of a comic book store within a hundred miles. >.> About the Master Keys, I'm sure it's just a coincidence...
  • Options
    joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A coincidence? I'm not so sure... It's just the same level of evil and immorality to be just a coincidence.

We have a store that imports comics over here so I got lucky as I actually chase StarTrek comics and when I saw there is a crossover with DrWho, I simply had to buy it. But they never got the rest of episodes so I'm not sure how many were released anyway. Maybe it's possible to buy those on ebay, didn't try.

In any case, if you opt to make a foundry mission for #2, I'll be happy to give you a hand with it. It would really be an interesting episode.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    joxertm2 wrote: »
    A coincidence? I'm not so sure... It's just the same level of evil and immorality to be just a coincidence.

We have a store that imports comics over here so I got lucky as I actually chase StarTrek comics and when I saw there is a crossover with DrWho, I simply had to buy it. But they never got the rest of episodes so I'm not sure how many were released anyway. Maybe it's possible to buy those on ebay, didn't try.

In any case, if you opt to make a foundry mission for #2, I'll be happy to give you a hand with it. It would really be an interesting episode.

The Foundry totally baffles me. Also, I really want to have Fezzes and Stetsons in the game... after all, Worf wore a Stetson in TNG...