test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cant use fleet doffs on starbase!?!

defcon1776defcon1776 Member Posts: 313 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
Just picked up 7 green engineering fleet doffs to finish a project requiring green eng doffs. Only 2 out of the 7 expensive fleet doffs could be used! WTF is up with that? Cryptic owes me FMs for 5 fleet doffs. :mad::mad::mad:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." Q
Join the 44th Fleet. [FED and KDF] Apply Online: startrek.44thfleet.com
Post edited by defcon1776 on

Comments

• Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    That box gives engineering or operations division doffs, most assignments want one or the other.
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    defcon1776 wrote: »
    Just picked up 7 green engineering fleet doffs to finish a project requiring green eng doffs. Only 2 out of the 7 expensive fleet doffs could be used! WTF is up with that? Cryptic owes me FMs for 5 fleet doffs. :mad::mad::mad:

Really? No more explanation than that? Looks like you just want to rant, not have anything actually fixed.
    1. What Project?
    2. What are the SPECIFIC requirements for this project?
    3. Which DOFFs could be used?
    4. Which DOFFs couldn't be used?
    5. Other information about the DOFFs (Specialization, Division, traits, ect)?

You want help from the community or Devs you have to provide information, if you just want to rant maybe someone can close this thread for you. I mean, it is obvious your title is exaggerated as you were able to use some fleet DOFFs for it, so there is either something YOU are missing or there is a BUG somewhere. Either way, your original post doesn't do anything to fix either situation.
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They all seem to work fine for me!

I just end up with too many operations doffs ha.
    :eek:
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I find it useless to get Fleet Doffs for Security, Engineering, or Medical. Sure you will get some, but no where near the levels of Tactical, Operations, or Science. I basically use the Fleet Doffs to fill out Tactical, Operations, or Science, then use exchange to fill out Security, Engineering, or Medical.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    Just FYI, this will be changing soon. Fleet Doffs will once again be usable for Fleet Projects.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    cowkiller75cowkiller75 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What!!!!!!!!!!
    have you guys lost your mind... you made the cost so high for the upper tiers. now your taking that away. come on. then you need to lower the cost of how many duty officers per project. its way way to high please lower the cost. i think this should happen, if your taking away fleet duty officers from use in the fleet system......

also you need a way to mark them so we can tell them apart. like put a mark on the powers or a different back ground.... please dont make the same mistake.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Just FYI, this will be changing soon. Fleet Doffs will once again be usable for Fleet Projects.

To make sure...someone's saying their Fleet DOFFs are not useable (though it's probably a mis-match of categories), then some are saying they still work, then you say there's a change coming.

So...which one of these is it?

A) Fleet DOFFs are usable, but will soon be unusable?

or

B) Some/all Fleet DOFFs are unusable, but will soon be?
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I don't see a problem - according to the odds he got 2 eng and 5 ops doffs from the fleet vendor

what is the problem?

If the project requires just eng doffs then he might need to get 30+ eng doffs to get the 'engineers' that he requires.

Why the big rush to fix the issue Bort? I don't see the issue? Unless you mean you are going to tweek the ratio's of one type of doff per category?
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    To make sure...someone's saying their Fleet DOFFs are not useable (though it's probably a mis-match of categories), then some are saying they still work, then you say there's a change coming.

So...which one of these is it?

A) Fleet DOFFs are usable, but will soon be unusable?

or

B) Some/all Fleet DOFFs are unusable, but will soon be?

or C Bort didn't look to see if it was actually messed up before he said he would fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    Why the big rush to fix the issue Bort? I don't see the issue? Unless you mean you are going to tweek the ratio's of one type of doff per category?

If this is actually broken again the big rush would be that we cant reliable buy DOffs from the exchange either and that would halt fleet progression all together on small fleets until its fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    kalani2 wrote: »
    or C Bort didn't look to see if it was actually messed up before he said he would fix it.

Yes I think this is 100% the case. The OP probably got 5 operations doffs and they are not usuable in the project he wants to contribute.
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2012
    Yes I think this is 100% the case. The OP probably got 5 operations doffs and they are not usuable in the project he wants to contribute.

This may be the case.

You should be able to contribute Fleet Doffs to projects. If you can't, I'd assumed that change just hadn't made it live yet. Sounds like that assumption is incorrect, and the OP was actually talking about a separate issue.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    This may be the case.

You should be able to contribute Fleet Doffs to projects. If you can't, I'd assumed that change just hadn't made it live yet. Sounds like that assumption is incorrect, and the OP was actually talking about a separate issue.

What change in the future are you refering to borticus?
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    What change in the future are you refering to borticus?

He thought the Fleet DOFFs weren't being accepted into the Starbase contributions. At one point they weren't allowed, but the change was made shortly after Starbases went live. Borticus thought by the OP's description that change hadn't made it to Holodeck.

Turns out, it's most likely the OP not being sure of which DOFFs counted for which categories.

So all is good. No change needed. :)
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    the OP was actually talking about a separate issue.

The OP seems to just be ranting and raving, I posted what information the community (and/or Devs) would need to understand the issue, but no reply back yet.
  • Options
    stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited October 2012
    I can't authenticate to get into the game to check now, but there are still several common fleet doffs who are listed in the wrong category. There are two Armory Doffs (if I remember correctly) listed as Tactical when they should be Security. I've heard there is a Medical doff incorrectly listed as Science. They weren't fixed in the original patch a month or so ago.

Of course, this guys issue could be a different one but the above is still a problem. I hope that's the fix alluded to earlier.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    stevehale wrote: »
    I can't authenticate to get into the game to check now, but there are still several common fleet doffs who are listed in the wrong category. There are two Armory Doffs (if I remember correctly) listed as Tactical when they should be Security. I've heard there is a Medical doff incorrectly listed as Science. They weren't fixed in the original patch a month or so ago.

Of course, this guys issue could be a different one but the above is still a problem. I hope that's the fix alluded to earlier.

i would have to seach my posts - many - many about the issue

off the top of my head the Armory officers name is Molly - black female human - and T'Pul - white male Vulcan - they are incorrectly placed in Tac

The other is a Biochemist - Andorian Male - Blue(obviously) - Yrdi?? or something like that - he is incorrectly placed in sci

but they ignore me so I gave up mentioning it
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Um... it'd help if you posted data more and ranted less. Devs always ignore angry ranting.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2012

IMO - VERY bad move by Cryptic. if you want to use Fleet Starbase Doffs on SB projects you should be able to. If Cryptic releases this change WITHOUT giving users a clear way to distiguish whether they are buying a Fleet Doff from the exchange over a 'regular' Doff, it will just mean chaos and frustrated players.

As usual it seems for every good decision the Cryptic team makes - they follow up with MORE terrible design decisions in the long run.

Again, BAD MOVE.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    IMO - VERY bad move by Cryptic. if you want to use Fleet Starbase Doffs on SB projects you should be able to. If Cryptic releases this change WITHOUT giving users a clear way to distiguish whether they are buying a Fleet Doff from the exchange over a 'regular' Doff, it will just mean chaos and frustrated players.

As usual it seems for every good decision the Cryptic team makes - they follow up with MORE terrible design decisions in the long run.

Again, BAD MOVE.

Hang on a second here. Not only is Cryptic not doing what you're accusing them of, they were giving enough benefit of the doubt to a shoot-from-the-hip off-base rant like yours to assume there was a bug causing what you claim they're doing on purpose, and promising that it will be fixed very soon. Except there isn't, it was fixed many weeks ago, and the OP had made a simple and fairly understandable mistake.
  • Options
    heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Again, BAD MOVE.

Reading comprehension fail.