Install Arc
Options

PvE Queue Screen/ UI Feedback

Comments

• Options
    verbenamageverbenamage Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    red01999 wrote: »
    I like the new PvE queue screen - it looks really nice.

However, can we see how many people are in queue again? It's nice to know so you aren't waiting for a half hour for enough people to pile up on some of the more unpopular events. I've also jumped between one or another because one had one space left before it started and the other was all but empty, and I've found this kind of information rather helpful.

Thanks!

Agreed. I want to know if a queue is filling up, or if I should just give up and go do something else.

It does look much improved, but please add the missing information back in.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Queues:

1) Definitely need to re-add the number of players in the queue. I waited and waited to test and wasn't sure how many others were in there as well.

2) Queue Filter lists "EDC".

Keybind Problems:

Still have MAJOR Problems with the UI on the Ground, where Icons are not staying in their proper slots. So if I put in Hypos in Slot one and go to buff with a Tribble, I have to go to the Power Tray to redrag the Tribble to the window.

Also, the NumEnter and the Enter keys are no longer seperate, so previously when I was able to use the Num Enter to Jump and the Enter Key to chat, I no longer can do that and it's very frustrating since this is been my playstyle since Beta.

Player UI:

BOFF Page: Noticed the "Skittles" has been toned down, more acceptable, though I can't hardly see the colors in the Starfleet Delta.

And still wonder why some DOFFs aren't showing their rarity like my Purple Saurian is now common and my Liberated Borg is Common.

Journal:

Foundry has it's own Tab, but it needs to not be sandwiched between the Missions and the In-Progress Tabs, it's annoying. Also be nice if the Foundry was put on the Front Page like the PvE and PvP missions, the Spotlight can be shown on that page instead.

Also, perhaps adding a "My Projects" Tab on the Foundry Page, where you can keep up with feedback without needing to go to the Foundry.

** Clicking on the Log Tab and tabs shifted to the Left, the Tabs vibrate to the degree it actually causes headaches.

Suggestion for Improvement:

On Universal BOFF Stations, have BOFFs in their Class colors so it's faster to ID them.
  • Options
    obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The new UI is nice but yes, you need to put back the amount of players in Queue.
    If I don't see if the Queue is actually filling I probably get too impatient and leave again.
    And often how many people are already queued is what makes me join in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    / Signed.

Please bring back the number of people currently waiting in the que.

It's very useful and makes me want to play a particular STF if I see enough people already there rather than not bothering to wait in a que blindly. :)
  • Options
    gameindadgameindad Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agree with most of the comments: interface is slick and seeing what rewards each mission offers is good. The "average time" is a big help when there is limited time to play. Lots of people have complained of not being able to see how many peole in a queue or being able to join a PvE in progress that does not have all the allowable players - is it possible to add a "join any" option?
  • Options
    darkomdarkom Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i totaly agree.
    the pve queue looks realy nice but it will look better if u can see how many people r in line for a particular stf

"Torrent Sodality Fleet"
  • Options
    tentagon359tentagon359 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree too, pls, bring back number of players.
  • Options
    reginaldbarclayreginaldbarclay Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    agreed, i waited in queue for Space: Infected-Normal for 15 minutes with no launch, no idea if i was the only one queued or not. Hopefully this was an oversight and the number of queued players will be put back
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The new PVE Queue window, I will first say, looks much more helpful in seeing what we're queuing up for and looking for as far as rewards go.

However, unless I missed something, I can no longer see which queues are more popular or being signed up for. That is, I can no longer see if a group is forming for a particular queue or not. Like how it is right now on the live server, I can go through the queue list of not-yet-started queues and see that one is at 4/5 players, so I join it to fill it to 5/5 and start it. This is no longer possible, far as I can tell.

This was VERY helpful in determining whether I'd be joining a queue that would actually start or not, or whether I'd have to call out for others to join it to get it going.

So unless it's hidden somewhere, I'd ask for this to be re-added, especially before this is released onto the live server as it could get confusing quickly for those of us who relied on that when joining non-preformed queues.

And to clarify, I do NOT mean the "join existing" tab, as that's for queues already formed and active.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    BOUNCE

Back to top.

Need this addressed in the next build plse.
  • Options
    millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Ack, didn't even see this thread, or else I wouldn't have started my own.

Anyway, yes, really need to be able to see just how many people are signing up for an un-started queue again, so we know if we're filling one that's going to start soon or whether we need to call for additional people to join the queue to get it started.
  • Options
    dgwynne2611dgwynne2611 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Completely agree. Seeing how many people were queued up is incredibly useful, especially for bigger queues (like Fed Fleet Alert).
  • Options
    whitecloud197whitecloud197 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    Agreed.

/signed.

Agreed!!

I want that Back to see how many are in que in what game!

I used that info to decide what games I que for.
  • Options
    vitzhvitzh Member Posts: 519
    edited November 2012
    Agreed!!

I want that Back to see how many are in que in what game!

I used that info to decide what games I que for.

Here here, want to see how many is queued up. Means I know if I have time to grab drink or not.

Also I haven't had it personally but heard people complaining about not being able to queue everyone up as a team?
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agreed about the queue count.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just adding my voice to this rising tide...

Please, bring back the Number of Players in each Que, Column.

:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    ferrus3ferrus3 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please Cryptic, before S7 goes live, fix he the PVE/PVP que menus so it shows how many people are qued up versus how many people are needed. There are a lot of good missions that I would love to play, but don't want to que up for them because I don't know how many people are qued. I'm not going to que up a mission and sit there for 4 hours hoping it will kick off at any moment.
  • Options
    thanatus72thanatus72 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Is there only going to be two events for fleet marks?
  • Options
    counthellstromcounthellstrom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Like so many before me I would also like the number of queued players displayed.
  • Options
    stylopsstylops Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    red01999 wrote: »
    I like the new PvE queue screen - it looks really nice.

However, can we see how many people are in queue again? It's nice to know so you aren't waiting for a half hour for enough people to pile up on some of the more unpopular events. I've also jumped between one or another because one had one space left before it started and the other was all but empty, and I've found this kind of information rather helpful.

Thanks!

This, absolutely, 100%. It looks great and all, but without knowing how many people are queued, I don't know if it's worth queueing, or if it's safe to go do other things while I wait. If I'm the first queued of 15, then I'll go do other stuff like Borg Sector Invasions or the Academy events while I wait. But if 13 oif the 15 are there, I obviously don't have time. It would be nice to know that sort of thing.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    This needs to say on the first page.

Can we get a sticky?
  • Options
    daisydocdaisydoc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    dont like how you cant see how many are lined up.

dont like how you can only sign up for 3 missions so you can be standing in line forever while another herd is waiting for the last one to sign up.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    *pong*

Back to top.
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like the new UI except for the low resolution pictures of the ship . Awful.

And please bring back the number of peoples in the queue.

Thanks
  • Options
    stitchintimestitchintime Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The layout is very nice, it makes if very clear what the missions are. The ability to filter the missions is a great idea. I wish they had as good a filter in the exchange.

For the numbers in the queue I think that I understand their thinking but in Tribble it is a bad idea. As there are fewer players it almost ensures unreasonable wait times to try the missions.

I think any reasoning that hiding the information will help get people to run unpopular missions is flawed. It is more likely to encourage people to run fewer missions. With the new structure there is now nothing you get in a mission that you cannot get elsewhere without waiting. I think that not showing how many are in the queue may cause a significant drop in the number of people doing PvE even with the other enhancements.
  • Options
    blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Everyone in my fleet who went on tribble said the same thing.

We need so see the number of players in the queue.
    download.jpg
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Everyone in my fleet who went on tribble said the same thing.

We need so see the number of players in the queue.

Please have "Everyone" in your Fleet...

Come to this party and sign off on it.

The more voices added to this, the higher chance it'll be considered.

:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    partizan81partizan81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    /signed. Please add number of people queue'd back into the interface.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Please restore number of players in queue.
  • Options
    destroyer4316destroyer4316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree we need to see how many are in queue. Its also very good cause I usually join the queues with the most people so i can get quickly in. If you don't know you could sit there for our being the only one in a queue and not know it