test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some Shield Healing Ideas

queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
edited October 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Disclaimer: I don?t know everything about all the powers in the game this is just an Idea.

The dev are trying to balances Boff powers for heal. But I think that a lot of the unbalances comes from player skill level. Let me explain

Experienced player will use key binds (shield distribution) and Boff power so when they die their shields on all 4 sides are gone or very low.

An inexperienced player will die with 3 shield sides almost full.

So here is my first idea. Take natural shield regeneration and shield distribution and put them into one automatic power. Have it fire off every 2 seconds and cut the amount of regeneration to 33% so overall no change (300 every 6 second to 100 every 2 seconds).
With the 2 powers as one make the following changes.

1.Shield distribution is base off of shield power. 25 is the current rate and 125 is twice the current rate.

2.Have natural Shield regeneration ?fire? first but it go to shield sides that need it. Let me explain one side is at 50% and the rest are at 100% so all regen would go to the 50% side. Another example is 3 sides at 5,000 out of 10,000 hit points and one side 0 out of 10,000 so out of your 40,000 hit points you are missing 25,000. If you look at it as a % your side with 0 is missing 40% and the other 3 are missing 20% each so have 40% of your regen go to the down side.(I hope I explained that good)

3.Then have the shield distribution ?fire? off.

This would do a few things close the player skill gap, make natural ship healing better, less waste of natural regen, and it would lessen the ?must have? of Tactical Team without a nerf.

Let me know what you think. The PVPers are the best at taking apart ideas.
I am @allenlabarge in game :D
Post edited by queue38 on

Comments

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    queue38 wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I don?t know everything about all the powers in the game this is just an Idea.

The dev are trying to balances Boff powers for heal. But I think that a lot of the unbalances comes from player skill level. Let me explain

Experienced player will use key binds (shield distribution) and Boff power so when they die their shields on all 4 sides are gone or very low.

An inexperienced player will die with 3 shield sides almost full.

So here is my first idea. Take natural shield regeneration and shield distribution and put them into one automatic power. Have it fire off every 2 seconds and cut the amount of regeneration to 33% so overall no change (300 every 6 second to 100 every 2 seconds).
    With the 2 powers as one make the following changes.

1.Shield distribution is base off of shield power. 25 is the current rate and 125 is twice the current rate.

2.Have natural Shield regeneration ?fire? first but it go to shield sides that need it. Let me explain one side is at 50% and the rest are at 100% so all regen would go to the 50% side. Another example is 3 sides at 5,000 out of 10,000 hit points and one side 0 out of 10,000 so out of your 40,000 hit points you are missing 25,000. If you look at it as a % your side with 0 is missing 40% and the other 3 are missing 20% each so have 40% of your regen go to the down side.(I hope I explained that good)

3.Then have the shield distribution ?fire? off.

This would do a few things close the player skill gap, make natural ship healing better, less waste of natural regen, and it would lessen the ?must have? of Tactical Team without a nerf.

Let me know what you think. The PVPers are the best at taking apart ideas.

The best part of STO is learning to use your abilities.

I for one would not enjoy having part of that done for me.
  • queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The best part of STO is learning to use your abilities.

I for one would not enjoy having part of that done for me.

I am only talking about removing the manual part of shield distribution. For the experienced or "skilled" players this is just removing it from their key binds and having the power work better. This will help the unskilled players out alot more.
  • queue38queue38 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would just like to add that I do not like how games are dumbed down now a days. But I do think it is silly to have to hit a button every 2 seconds.