test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

puting the 100 to 1,000 day reward on ftp

lyle2lyle2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
what if the put the 100 to 1,000 day reward is Also on the free to play, what do you think of my Idea.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cehuscehus Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No... and huh?
    Cehus.png
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited October 2012
    i think its a bad idea , then what the point be ?
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    They can't.

They might as well.

But they can't.

Because if you allow the F2P players to advance toward veteran awards, you have to continue adding up from wherever past subscribers left off. Meaning many of those - those who subscribed consistently for two years prior to F2P, and then went the free route for a lack of reason to pay - would hit 1000. Which isn't at this a point a problem for me. But some of those people who left off around the 700 day mark or so, went and bought the LTS to get the Chimera. To now tell them they spent those $200 dollars for nothing would make them feel cheated.

Though I'm sure some clown would be along to ask them what they're complaining about, they got to enjoy the Chimera two days before the veteran free-to-play-ers did, and the game only has to keep going for another three and a half years to get their investment out in zen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The Vet Rewards are a 'perk' to further entice players to pay a monthly subscription fee, or a Liftime subscription. It's counter-inntuitive for them to just give them away to non-subscribing players (although I guess what bthey could do is tie them to the amount of Zen points spent in the STO C-Store in some fashion.)

But, from a business perspective, it makes no sense for them to change the Vet Rewards and give then away for free.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • captainbrown2captainbrown2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would have less problem with this than I do giving say a new player all the rewards just because they buy a LTS.
  • perfectself82perfectself82 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I would have less problem with this than I do giving say a new player all the rewards just because they buy a LTS.

As I said in a thread yesterday, I purchased LTS back in the beta when it was first announced. Then circumstances conspired to keep me from playing just after launch, when I was finally able to play again I found I didn't particularly enjoy the game and uninstalled.

I reinstalled about 3 months ago, love the game now, but I'm still a new player by pretty much every definition of the word.

I didn't play the game for over 2 and a half years, but I have all the vet rewards. Did I earn them or am I in the same boat as someone who buys LTS tomorrow and gets everything all at once?

Personally I see anything that sells more LTS as a good thing for the game in general.

I really don't understand the anger people are displaying about this. I guess I'm just not that petty.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I think if you consider it at further length, you'll agree that creating an account doesn't represent the same level of commitment as creating an account *AND* paying $200-$300, nor does it provide the same level of benefit to PWE.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    My main disappointment with the new LTS perk was I was expecting a new LTS perk and then reading the article states that all lifers get the same vet rewards I already have. Beta Lifers don't get anything from this new perk and we have been waiting years for something new for our LTS. The only other LTS perk announced recently is the Neverwinter Closed Beta and that is completely irrelevant when open beta starts for it.
  • sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Girl please. :rolleyes:

Nope. LTS is an exclusive club with a $200 (usually $300) entry fee.

Pay up like the rest of us or keep it moving. :D
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • akikisaragiakikisaragi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    All things considered, 1000 day reward isn't too shabby but those who bought their LTS pre-launch back when STO was half a game should get a bone or 2 thrown their way.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    A [The Founder] title?

But who do you apply such a title to? Someone over 3 years of play? Then what about 2 years? 1 year? Gold almost lifers?

Giving a title creates another precedent, and I'm sure after this they are going to be watching their steps much more carefully...

Can't think of how to implement a title giveaway.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    My main disappointment with the new LTS perk was I was expecting a new LTS perk and then reading the article states that all lifers get the same vet rewards I already have. Beta Lifers don't get anything from this new perk and we have been waiting years for something new for our LTS. The only other LTS perk announced recently is the Neverwinter Closed Beta and that is completely irrelevant when open beta starts for it.

Beta Lifers got rewards. New lifers got rewards. Both got rewards. When somebody else gets a reward, that's not a penalty for you; that's a reward for them.

You got something those new Lifers didn't get; you got a whole slew of rewards months or years before they did. Not to mention, they didn't get thousands of Zen that you got. You will ALWAYS be ahead of them on that.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    Beta Lifers got rewards. New lifers got rewards. Both got rewards. When somebody else gets a reward, that's not a penalty for you; that's a reward for them.

You got something those new Lifers didn't get; you got a whole slew of rewards months or years before they did. Not to mention, they didn't get thousands of Zen that you got. You will ALWAYS be ahead of them on that.

Still does nothing to resolve the disappointment of seeing new Lifetime Benefits and have your hopes dashed because you already have it.
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    starkaos wrote: »

I don't know, it might be relevant...because STO is funding it / all focus will be put on that. Cryptic / PWE is probably trying to just get people to go to that after STO continues the path it just took.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.