test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Faction specific PvE queues

aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
Hi there.

I just finished my 112th cure space elite. Just as the 111 times before it, I left without the prototype engine tech.
A reason for this may be that my group not only failed the optional, but didn't prevent Kang from blowing up. :cool:

It started as many STF's before it. I joined, and found myself in a group with 4 Fed players. 1 Sci, 3 Eng captains. My first thought: mkay, bye bye optional.

After a quick glimpse on their ship choices I had this sneaking suspicion the whole run will fail. To my very regret, my intuition was right.
Unfortunately that happens way too often when more than two Fed players are on the team.

Therefore my plea: Give us the option to join a KDF only pve queue. I'll have to wait longer to get a group, but the higher succes chances will make more than up for it.

Thank you.
Vorcha_forward.jpg
Post edited by aurigas7 on

Comments

• Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You might be able to get your engine soon as they are going to be changing the way loot ect works in STFs and the way you get your sets.

Sounds like you had not that good a group that last run :(

Joint and faction specific STFs would be nice but we may be well off from getting them, maybe in the future
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If they make it easier to get the set's completed this just means one thing: There will be new sets, making the existing ones less useful.

Yep, group was lousy. I have no issues with losing the optional. That just happens if you get 3 Fed engineers sitting in cruisers in your group. Never understood why people are willing to fly low DPS, slow turning pancaces. But to each their own. :P

I've got now 4 sets waiting for completion. All of them lacking the engine. I don't kow what it is, but somehow cure space elite isn't very Fed friendly.
    In infected most people know what to do. And that actually requires some coordination.
    But for CSE I'm at a loss. So many Fed players just don't know what to do there.

Seperated PvE queues would therefore help to improve my gaming experience massively. :P
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aurigas7 wrote: »
    Give us the option to join a KDF only pve queue.

It already exists. There's a tab labelled 'Create Private.' It works real good for getting only the kinds of people you want in your PvE match.
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aurigas7 wrote: »
    So many Fed players just don't know what to do there.

Because Cure is the most 'complicated,' especially for the typical low-DPS Fed cruiser pug crew. No one wants to babysit, and everyone wants to go Kirk out in three different places at once.

The fact that the problem seems faction specific is sadly just a symptom of a deeper cause. It's been my experience that folks rush headlong into STFs the moment they become available. For many, that Fed toon is their first, one, and only. The root cause is that you must wait to start your first KDF toon. I tend to find that many KDF players have been rolling Fed-side for quite a while before they gave it a try. So when they do, they've likely already got themselves squared away. There's simply less newbie behavior over there, because everyone knows the ins and outs already. You'd likely see a similar amount of nonsense from the Klink-side queues if people were able to start a KDF char at square one, without leveling a Fed first.