test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What attributes are good for duty officers?

apophis77apophis77 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
As in, what attributes are good for specific job duty officers.

I'm asking cause I've got a few hundred Doffs, but they are mostly whites and I'm gonna start upgrading to greens, on my way to blues/purples.

But where should I start?

I know some obvious ones, like, you shouldn't have an unscruptulous counselor, or that your nurse shouldn't be aggressive, but I was wondering if there was a list of the "best" attributes for specific types of officers, like, what doffs should I keep, and what should I recycle up?
Post edited by apophis77 on

Comments

• mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Resolve is great for getting a number of high payoff assignments, especially ones that you find from the NPCs in your ship. Teamwork comes in handy a lot too.

There's a great mission for three Nurses that comes up frequently, providing medical support in a combat zone, for over a thousand CXP. Resolve is good; emotional, peaceful, and unscrupulous are bad. Unfortunately, emotional and peaceful turn out to be pretty common traits for Nurses, so it takes some hunting to get good Nurses.

Explosives: resolve, efficient and tactful are good; stubborn and unruly are bad. Three or four Explosives DOffs are good for those engineering missions, but like Nurses, good ones can be tricky to find.

Research Lab Scientists are nice to have for exploring ruins. Grab a few of them. Efficient and teamwork are good for those missions; cunning, unruly and unscrupulous are bad.

Frankly, unscrupulous is generally bad for scientists. Logical and eidetic memory come in handy.

Bartenders could use congenial, tactful, cunning, unscrupulous and seductive (Orions!); stubborn and unruly are bad.

Chefs could really use eidetic memory and emotional; aggressive and stubborn are bad. Good luck finding good Chefs on the KDF side.

Development Lab Scientists (for those strange artifact assignments) could use resolve, efficient, and telekinesis; unruly is bad.

Efficient and teamwork turn up a lot as good traits for engineers, as you might imagine.

Get a bunch of Security Officers. They're handy to have. But it's hard to call good traits on those, because there are so many missions for them. Best to have variety there.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You should save white or green officers (not civilians like bartender, advisor, etc.) that have spiritual for the Bajoran Officer exchange. If you have ones with teamwork + honorable those are good for the Kereman exchange. Eidectic and Efficient for Cardassian exchange and Unscrupulous and Logical for the Paradan exchange. Unfortunately, it seems that you will only find the teamwork + honorable paired together and not the others, but it's still worth saving them even if they only have a single trait to exchange them.