test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Korath/KDF Timeship: Lockbox and C-Store?

2»

Comments

• z0graz0gra Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Those damn lockboxes struck the deck once PWE got the game....

I HATE lockboxes.

All intelligent persons are going to HATE lockboxes.

Especially now for us KDF when u brought 4 ships in fed side and 0 ships in KDF side.

And after 6 months the only ships you bring in KDF side are in the STUPID lockboxes???

Dont you make enough money from the game already?

Why do you need to have lockboxes that limit the the chance to get the ship and also share unique consoles with faction ruining game balance and faction uniqeness

I bought bortasQ bundle instantly and paid 50 euro instantly without seconds thought.
    But for the lockboxes i did a LOT of thought for getting only 10x keys which all they gave me back was some JUNK that doesnt even worth EC.

I wanred you before 100 times those lockboxes will be the end of this game.

STOP THE LOCKBXOES AT LAST....

GIVE KDF SOME NEW Z STORE SHIPS AT LAST...

GIVE US TRACTOR PETS.....and heavy raptor carrier!
  • gradstudent1gradstudent1 Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I don't mind having to buy something for the KDF, if its worth buying and the price is right, but the gamble that is the lockbox to enjoy a new KDF ship is not worth it.
    I'll spend less on it in the Exchange after grinding DL to convert to EC.

Majestics idea is a good one and would show some love to those who risk subscribing to STO.
    Price the new Ships at $25 a piece, make them character restricted and if you drop one you must rebuy it. Seems fair to me and Cryptic still makes thier money.

Yes, I second and third majestic's idea. What bothers me most is not the gambling aspect but the fact that when I buy a lock box key, the purchase is not a KDF purchase; it is a faction-neutral purchase. In other words, it does not demonstrate that I am supporting KDF. Even if I buy keys because I want to get the science ship, my purchase does not indicate my support of KDF.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes, I second and third majestic's idea. What bothers me most is not the gambling aspect but the fact that when I buy a lock box key, the purchase is not a KDF purchase; it is a faction-neutral purchase. In other words, it does not demonstrate that I am supporting KDF. Even if I buy keys because I want to get the science ship, my purchase does not indicate my support of KDF.

And yet when push comes to shove in any debate on the issue, faction specific revenue is the evidence given to not further KDF development in leui of other projects.
    Funny how that works, isn't it?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And yet when push comes to shove in any debate on the issue, faction specific revenue is the evidence given to not further KDF development in leui of other projects.
    Funny how that works, isn't it?

Odds are the vast majority of these so called resources are funneled into the creation of new grind fest games. Its pretty easy to guage how much money these lock boxes have made them. It is also pretty easy to see for every dollar spent less than a penny goes into actual new content that isn't grind fest required.

Edit: Also for some of the more talented foundry authors if say they worked for a week just on their lunch break and access to the same tools they could probally push the equivalent of a season per week. Wellll maybe a month have to test usually helps find bugs and stuff :)
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Odds are the vast majority of these so called resources are funneled into the creation of new grind fest games. Its pretty easy to guage how much money these lock boxes have made them. It is also pretty easy to see for every dollar spent less than a penny goes into actual new content that isn't grind fest required.

Edit: Also for some of the more talented foundry authors if say they worked for a week just on their lunch break and access to the same tools they could probally push the equivalent of a season per week. Wellll maybe a month have to test usually helps find bugs and stuff :)

I understand. I merely find it funny how revenue is both used to gauge the KDFs "worth" in STO as far as new content incomming for us while at the same time if asked that revenue is treated as agnostic and used where ever it pleases them and is called un faction specific.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Other than being a Science vessel, the console from the Korath has been a bit lackluster. The Mannheim console is good (Shard of possibilities in space) but the cooldown feels long for its value. Should have been a device, not a console.

Been toying with the mirror variant set up like a Raptor and I may just ditch the rewind console for something more DPSy.

Sorry for the detail, just noting - this is no bugship uber must have box ship. At least, not the way I have been playing the mirror ship. Science setups would likely have a different experience.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What bothers me most is not the gambling aspect but the fact that when I buy a lock box key, the purchase is not a KDF purchase; it is a faction-neutral purchase.
    I understand. I merely find it funny how revenue is both used to gauge the KDFs "worth" in STO as far as new content incomming for us while at the same time if asked that revenue is treated as agnostic and used where ever it pleases them and is called un faction specific.

I imagine they have a metric that would measure how many of the "Temporal Science Vessels" are opened on a particular faction.

That is to say, if you have a (faction neutral) 'Temporal Science Vessel' and open it on a KDF character it will unlock as a Korrath.

Alternatively, if you spend 800 lobi and purchase a Krenn they should be able to track this as well.

On top of that, simply purchasing a key from while on a KDF character is also something they should be able to track and measure.