test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subscription Differences?

gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Recently started STO and have had a blast with it, so I decided to try out the 3-month subscription.

After setting it up, I'm now asked if I want to "Upgrade to Gold" and it wants me to basically duplicate the 3-month subscription purchase. When I clicked on the "Upgrade to Gold" button on the website, it took me to the subscription page that I purchased my subscription from. I guess I was understanding wrong, but I thought a subscription was a Gold member...guess not.

I've tried the Account Support buttons and can't get ANYTHING to open up, so I thought I'd ask this in the Forum, thinking maybe some of the staffers might see it and be able to clarify this for me.

Hopefully, someone can clarify this topic for new subscribers...as I thought I was buying a Gold subscription membership by following the links the STO site provides.
Post edited by gmokmoud on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There are only three types of accounts in this game, silver, gold, and lifetime. Gold and Lifetime are almost the same except Lifetime gets various bonuses like access to a location that can unlock for gold members by spending 300 or 400 days as a gold member, a unique forum title, a unique comm badge, and playable liberated borg captains and don't have to pay again after spending $200+. Whether you purchase the 1 month subscription, 3 month subscription, 6 month subscription, or lifetime subscription doesn't matter. They are all gold members.
  • gmokmoudgmokmoud Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the information....so, If I've got a 3-month subscription, I'm a Gold member is what I understand. If so, good to know.

Now, just gotta get that straight with the STO folks if that's the case. Again, many thanks.