test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

VA Kits, Where?

griftertreysik1griftertreysik1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
Hi folks,

Ok, so this is the one thing I can't seem to locate. While I'm set for my armor/PSG/weapons (VA stuff from STFs), I can't seem to locate VA Kits? I dunno, maybe I'm blind or just over looking them.

Any assistance on this would be great.

Thanks!
Captain Grifter Treysik, Task Force Avalon (@Grifter.Treysik)
"Management of many is the same as management of few. It is a matter of organization.." - Sun Tzu
Post edited by griftertreysik1 on

Comments

• Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Kits currently only go as high as MK X.
    There was talk a long time ago that new kits were going to be introduced and maybe customizable. But we havn't hard anything since.

Given Engineers are about to be hit with a major nerf in tonight's patch, a customizable kit would be all the more welcome.
  • Options
    baronvonhellerbaronvonheller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There was talk a long time ago that new kits were going to be introduced and maybe customizable. But we havn't hard anything since.

Given Engineers are about to be hit with a major nerf in tonight's patch, a customizable kit would be all the more welcome.

How do you figure Engineers will be nerfed? Based on what I read, the only change is that once a kit is removed, spawned things disappear and they are fixing the miracle worker issue.

Am I missing something?
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    How do you figure Engineers will be nerfed? Based on what I read, the only change is that once a kit is removed, spawned things disappear and they are fixing the miracle worker issue.

Am I missing something?

From what i use on stfs with my eng toons,

Fab kit = mortar + turret (usually 3 of each with purple Doffs) drone and health gen,
    then switch to enemy neut. Transphase bomb, Chron mines, armor fuse, weapon mal'

After the "Fix" it will cut my DPS/overall firepower as i will have to stick with fab kit, or stick to enemy neut., and affect the TEAM's overall firepower too.

While this is most wonderful for PVP (well if your fighting an eng who has a makeshift base with minefield) but for PVE we are losing a fair bit of our BITE :/

As for mircale worker, I think i was more likely to have leveled past mircale I before i even used the dang thing :/, not really important imho,

Ah well, something new to get used to.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    happymarvinhappymarvin Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Am I missing something?

The only thing I can see about engineers in the patch notes is this

Engineering Kit summoned pets; drones, turrets, mines, etc.; will now despawn if you remove the kit.

and

Updated Miracle Worker I: Its healing value was 1/10 the value it should have been.
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There's an unspoken rule in MMO's, when something is too much fun it's OP and needs "fixed".:D

Though I'm sad that Engy kits get this change, its a change that should have come long ago.
    From what i use on stfs with my eng toons,

Fab kit = mortar + turret (usually 3 of each with purple Doffs) drone and health gen,
    then switch to enemy neut. Transphase bomb, Chron mines, armor fuse, weapon mal'

After the "Fix" it will cut my DPS/overall firepower as i will have to stick with fab kit, or stick to enemy neut., and affect the TEAM's overall firepower too.

While this is most wonderful for PVP (well if your fighting an eng who has a makeshift base with minefield) but for PVE we are losing a fair bit of our BITE :/

As for mircale worker, I think i was more likely to have leveled past mircale I before i even used the dang thing :/, not really important imho,

Ah well, something new to get used to.

Awww, come on, that's bovine excrement. You cannot change kits in mid-combat, and why should the pets despawn because you change the "kit"? That really urinates on me, it's not that the whole game is broken just because I can playe a mortar and support drone before switchung to my neutralization kit.

Introduce a different mechanic for that dog-awfull broken PvP no one plays but don't break the good things constantly, cryptic. :mad:
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Am I missing something?

Yeah, after how long? It takes Cryptic literally a year to fix bugs. But hey if there is an Overpowered ability, they have no trouble fixing that the next day, right? :rolleyes:

So what if we deplay Mortors and switch to mines? It makes Engineers actually wanted instead of all the Tacticals running around with 1-shot capability or Invulnerable Science players who just constantly heal themselves. So now Cryptic just forced Engineers to use either or and I guarantee you we will just go for the Mines since they are far more viable than the mortors.
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, after how long? I guarantee you we will just go for the Mines since they are far more viable than the mortors.

Kinda agree except Infected ground elite, mortars+turrets = long range carnage and without messing up optional :)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am kinda glad in relation to,this patch; all to often in colon invasion, someone plants a quantum turret at spawn which manages to draw aggro from groups 4 and 5 prematurely. What happens is that we end up in a slugfest with bosses before leaving the primary spawn area.
  • Options
    griftertreysik1griftertreysik1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wow lots of replies! Thanks for the information regarding only have Mark X.

Is there anywhere you buy them? I haven't seen somewhere to buy kits (a vendor), though I'm told there are. The ones I see sell common kits, not very rare.

And I see I started a huge debate. Sadly, I am an Engineer and I am impacted by the change (or nerf as some folks put it).

Cheers,
    Captain Grifter Treysik, Task Force Avalon (@Grifter.Treysik)
    "Management of many is the same as management of few. It is a matter of organization.." - Sun Tzu
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    the MK X kits are at the stf ground vendors under MKX gear...there is armor, shields, weapons and...kits.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You can also buy Mk X kits out of your Dilithium store tab.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I am kinda glad in relation to,this patch; all to often in colon invasion, someone plants a quantum turret at spawn which manages to draw aggro from groups 4 and 5 prematurely. What happens is that we end up in a slugfest with bosses before leaving the primary spawn area.

And because some people mess it up it's better that they completely take out the one thing wich made engineers versatile? :D

I really hate this "fix", I really do.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually AFAIK, it's not gonna fix that. "Bonus" turrets from Doff skills don't even despawn when you leave the map, I doubt they'll despawn when you remove your kit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually AFAIK, it's not gonna fix that. "Bonus" turrets from Doff skills don't even despawn when you leave the map, I doubt they'll despawn when you remove your kit.

Nor do the "Bonus" turrets despawn when you plop down a new turret elsewhere.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What a waste of time