test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DoffJobs channel

zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
I was recently introduced to the 'DoffJobs' channel...

The idea of the channel was great, but in reality its currently totally useless becuase is use as general chat site and not a moderated channel like some of the STF channels

Even when something usefull is posted most people will miss it due to all the other chatter.

question...

Is they any moderated version of this channel that keeps the channel focused on when and where doff jobs become available, and does not allow random chatter?

if not, then surely it would be a great addition to the game to have a dedicated channel thats spam free, its works well for the moderated STF channels, so no reason for it to not work on doffs
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• kthulhutkthulhut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    DOFFCalls
    This channel is the complement to DOFFJobs and is used by DOff spreadsheet editors. It should be kept free from chatter in order to announce callouts of Duty Officer missions.
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kthulhut wrote: »
    DOFFCalls
    This channel is the complement to DOFFJobs and is used by DOff spreadsheet editors. It should be kept free from chatter in order to announce callouts of Duty Officer missions.

thanks I will check it out, much appreciated
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Doffjobs IMO is better for general knowledge of the game... not just doff missions...

Also considering it's not heavily modified you can generally get an answer without someone shouting "you're in the wrong channel"
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes but please keep non doff topic as low as possible please. Many of us are upset about general random chat, even if we don't say it. :)
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    I was recently introduced to the 'DoffJobs' channel...

The idea of the channel was great, but in reality its currently totally useless becuase is use as general chat site and not a moderated channel like some of the STF channels

You were not recently introduced to the channel. I know you. You are one of a small handful of wannabe hall monitors who tries to bully others into not socializing.

You know full well the information you seek is kept up-to-date on the Doff spreadsheet.
    That is not your actual complaint.

You are unhappy that others are enjoying socializing, so you're trying to put a stop to it. It is no different than a child disrupting games on the schoolground, or an uninvited guest at a party who rudely wedges himself into every conversation and interaction, just to prevent others from enjoying themselves.

It's immature, it's rude, and it's socially maladjusted.
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Yes but please keep non doff topic as low as possible please. Many of us are upset about general random chat, even if we don't say it.

Well-adjusted people do not become upset about others' preferred topics of conversation.

If you don't like a discussion, don't include yourself in it. Becoming upset is maladjusted.
    And please do not speak for anyone but yourself. None of this "many of us".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gosh,

let's not make another version of moderated EmoSTF out of DOFFJOBS :)
  • aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gosh,

let's not make another version of moderated EmoSTF out of DOFFJOBS :)

This. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Having used doffjobs for the last while since i started doffing it up, i dont think the chat is any big issue, in fact it only makes it better, for the simple fact ive picked up sooooooo many tips and so much info by osmosis from guys chatting away. if the time pops up that you do have a leggit question, ive never had an issue getting it answered and spotting it through the chat, if you ask a specific question guys will respond. tbh doffjobs most of the time is on topic, and when not its still all good, its honestly one of the better channels about for general chat and quality info. chatter smatter..... ! people arent dumb, you can pick out an answer to yout question once you keep an eye out. same reason chat is allowed on publicelitestf instead of other channels. people can still see game calls and everything ticks over nicely....

good work doffjobs, always a pleasure!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • goldiondgoldiond Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Doffjobs is the place where I spend my time on sto from my usual morning greeting to when I log off...chat, advice, jokes, insanity..its all in good fun and makes the time farming gamma commodities go by faster
  • jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hate DOFFJOBS

Or do I
  • angeloscurooangeloscuroo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    aestu wrote: »
    You were not recently introduced to the channel. I know you. You are one of a small handful of wannabe hall monitors who tries to bully others into not socializing.

You know full well the information you seek is kept up-to-date on the Doff spreadsheet.
    That is not your actual complaint.

You are unhappy that others are enjoying socializing, so you're trying to put a stop to it. It is no different than a child disrupting games on the schoolground, or an uninvited guest at a party who rudely wedges himself into every conversation and interaction, just to prevent others from enjoying themselves.

It's immature, it's rude, and it's socially maladjusted.

Well-adjusted people do not become upset about others' preferred topics of conversation.

If you don't like a discussion, don't include yourself in it. Becoming upset is maladjusted.
    And please do not speak for anyone but yourself. None of this "many of us".

I agree, I love the channel because it's friendly, fun and YES I got Rulian Mazan within 6 hours of joining the channel. Haters just gonna hate, I guess.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    The DoFFjobs chat is nice to run in the background....in general, the group are a bunch of light-hearted jokers that have good insight into the game in general. it is MUCH better than the "slightly-better-than-YouTube-comments-chat" that one gets in the DS9 zone chat....
  • metalkorekingmetalkoreking Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Doffjobs is the best channel in-game period. I learnt more here than any zone chat. The people are friendly and the atmosphere is light. I hope it stays that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Agree with the above, I've been hanging out in there since not too long after it was established. It's the only global channel I constantly remain subscribed to as for the most part, there's no trolls, and no random garbage requests from people. Usually the same bunch having a laugh or answering questions about DOFF'n.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Yes but please keep non doff topic as low as possible please. Many of us are upset about general random chat, even if we don't say it. :)

Yup, I removed it from my list of channels because nothing DOFF related was ever discussed there (and after Heretic left it was of little use to me)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    Yup, I removed it from my list of channels because nothing DOFF related was ever discussed there (and after Heretic left it was of little use to me)
    enh, peeps get bored, what can I say?

anyways, it's still a great place to ask for doff advice.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg