test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STF Drops

pentarspentars Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I have been playing this game for a while but now i'm just getting frustrated! After doing the Infected Space Elite almost everyday and sometimes multiple times a day, I am still unable to get the Borg Prototype Shield Tech. What gives? I'm almost a 200 day Lifer and spend hundreds of dollars on this game but no matter what I do the best I can get is the Prototype Salvage. Even with a Fleet Ship and Fleet Weopons and a great build still there is nothing. If this was random you would think I would get it at least once!
Why am I wasting my time with them?

Argon-Rogue Syndicate Fleet Admiral
I fly with my tailgate down.
Post edited by pentars on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Random, by definition, doesn't mean you'll get it once. It means its governed by chance. Someone might do it once and get it while someone else might do it a thousand times and not get it. I'm not saying I agree with the method used. I'm just disagreeing with your notion you should have gotten it once.

As far as the only question you asked, I have no idea. I guess you're wasting your time because you have time to waste. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    pentars wrote: »
    I have been playing this game for a while but now i'm just getting frustrated! After doing the Infected Space Elite almost everyday and sometimes multiple times a day, I am still unable to get the Borg Prototype Shield Tech. What gives? I'm almost a 200 day Lifer and spend hundreds of dollars on this game but no matter what I do the best I can get is the Prototype Salvage. Even with a Fleet Ship and Fleet Weopons and a great build still there is nothing. If this was random you would think I would get it at least once!
    Why am I wasting my time with them?

Argon-Rogue Syndicate Fleet Admiral

It took me months to get both complete Space STF sets... and it took less than 3 weeks to get both ground sets when I eventually decided to do that... random is random...
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They have increased the drop chance significantly... bad luck can still prevent you from getting it ever theoretically, but i found with my newest toon I am just 2 set pieces short. one for Maco space and one for maco ground, got the complete Omega sets, so 10/12 pieces total now.
    And that after only 86 STFs.

I'm pretty confident I can complete them before 100 if i concentrate on the 2 STFs that drop teh ones I am still missing.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They are doing something to the STFs in Season 7 which should be out around November. Probably make Mk XII gear available from the vendor and add new sets.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited September 2012
    Understand the OP issue have been grinding multiple alt for almost 200 days my main still didn't have a complete mk xii set after all that time an alt it took 6 months and my new orion got the mk xii set in 10 stf runs total just have to unlock the accolades now hopefulyseason 7 will allow us to buy it with salvage or edc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    let me say this the problem is the thing is nroken to to mass overload of people running them

they have switched to a more of reputation you have to have accolades
    I hope it is a sign they pulled them and are fixed them
    the big swap is comming I hope
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Random, by definition, doesn't mean you'll get it once. It means its governed by chance. Someone might do it once and get it while someone else might do it a thousand times and not get it. I'm not saying I agree with the method used. I'm just disagreeing with your notion you should have gotten it once.

This, and what gives is that no one will be inviting you to be their buddy in Vegas.
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeaaap... I am generally one of those folks who does not win games of chance only skill... So I have not even bothered going for the elite ground sets. Cannot be asked to waste my time playing the STF Lottery.

However, what should make you more frustrated OP is that there are soooooo many lotteries like this in STO it is mind numbing.

All Random Chance Events:

DOFF Packs

DOFF Recruitment

Exchanging Under performing DOFFs

Exchanging Higher DOFFs for lower DOFFs

Fleet DOFFs

Obtaining MK XII STF Gear

Lock Boxes

Some Items INSIDE Lock Boxes

Tholian Invasion Rewards

Deferi Invasion Rewards

DOFF Crafting Rewards

Many DOFF Mission Rewards

Rather or not you will end up in the Space Dock or in the First City when beaming to either at Qo'noS. (You know I am right)

What Datachip you get at the Academies

Optional Loot

Who will actually GET the Optional Loot

Where Red Alerts Show Up

If they are actually playable when you get into one

The Item Reward from Red Alerts

And if we are being picky Rather you hit something, crit on it, or miss is also random which coming from a show where missing did not really tend to happen is odd.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    They are doing something to the STFs in Season 7 which should be out around November. Probably make Mk XII gear available from the vendor and add new sets.

Hope that's the Reputation thing. That way each time you do an STF you are that much closer to getting the gear. As someone who never seems to get a break on the 'random' rolls (had to get 240 EDC to get my Space Gear sets) I would love to see those random rolls go away altogether and just be Rep based.

Nothing more I like seeing in zone chat, after doing 120++ STFs for a MX XI set of gear, than to see some giddy STF noob that ran 10-12 of them and have a full Mk XII set. :mad:
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I've been with STO since it's release and become a lifer one year later. I play the game almost daily, especially since the release of the DOF system, and I'll run a few STFs...and like you I haven't been lucky with getting STF gear. I have managed to accumulate close to 300 Encrypted Data Chips and managed to get what I can with that, but it seems impossible to get the elite gear. The same goes with Lock Boxes, I spent a lot of money and trading dilithium for Cryptic/Zen Credits to buy master keys in the C-Store and I have yet to get anything really good or rare from the Lock Boxes. I have a lot of Lobi Crystals, some Fleet Credit Pool bonus (and I'm not even in a fleet) and 8 Mirror Universe Starships (which I have no room for and don't seem that great).

Now I know random means random, but I'm sure there's a way the game can see how many times a player has run the STF and can increase the chances of receiving more very rare/rare rewards upon completion.

I have hundreds of Cardassian, Ferengi and Tholian Lock Boxes stored in my banks and hope someday to score one of the very rare ships and other gear, once I eventually buy more master keys. I only hope the very rare items are not take out of the lock boxes I already have once the drops are over?
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm also a lifer, bught the preorder, BETA/Early Access...all that jazz. I got my Borg gear back when it was free for finishing the mission (yes, STFs were assigned as missions). Now that they put in the MACO and OMEGA stuff, I have done 40+ of each STF only to get 1 MACO rifle, 2 MACO armors, 1 OMEGA armor, and NO OTHER TECH. I bought the MK XI's with EDCs (obviously) but I've given up on the Elites.

Honestly, it's easier to grind for enough EC to buy master keys and open enough lock boxes for Lobi crystals than it is to get endgame gear. I JUST bought the upgraded Crystal set. It took about a month to grind for the lobis to get it. STF gear is an all or nothing deal. I say don't bother.

The 1000+ DIL for completing them is nice, and that might be enough for most. I personally avoid them unless I'm really REALLY bored.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.