test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Compulsory remodulate tutorial

zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
Ground stfs should not be available to person compleated a Borg Remodulation tutorial...

Currently they are far too many people doing ground stfs that never remodulate and no matter how much you try to tell them they just don't listen, but the real problem is it mess up a teams ability to progress in a mission, especially when you can't leave or kick them without 1 hour ban.

Its spoiling normal STFs.
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    They may be Newbs or Noobs as the case may be but they may also be... Trolls. Did you ever consider some of these folks do this on purpose because they want to be ********?
  • jafobss1701jafobss1701 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So ya back off and let them DIE. I just sit back and watch. After awhile they ask Why they cant do Dmg.
  • overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The better suggestions for the game usually get buried as they don't cause enough controversies to keep them up top. This is something that definitely needs to be up there.

Stahl said himself that people are making it to level 50 way before they reach the undine series of episodes. Which means they are making it to stfs before they've even seen a borg.

There are lots of people (even with full stf sets) that don't remodulate immediately after the borg have adapted. Some people don't even know you have to activate the remodulator, they think just having one or equipping one is enough.

The tutorial doesn't have to be tough, a simple room with a borg with enough hp where you have to remodulate would be better then nothing.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I learned to remodulate when I did Defera invasion but before that I didn't know how I still havent done the Undine/Borg missions but I agree a remodulate tutorial would be best for new people before they can get in the q for a STF
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Back when I was still running PUG normal STF grounds I learned the best way to get them to either leave or learn was to not do anything, sit it out until they died 20 times or left. It was rare they actually listened to anything.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree totally with this suggestion. One thing to note, as it was my experience:

Many players are not noobs. They are 'Neo-Noobs'. That is, players who level capped at 45 before VA existed who left and have come back. They know how to play and what they're doing, but stuff has changed in a not immediately noticable way until you mess up. Be a bit more forgiving with these people.
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    There are Borg in the tutorial. Why not introduce remodulating there? The replicator remodulator is free, after all. ;)

EDIT: I realize that might be annoying to players starting a new alt. Maybe they can set it so that when you click the "I've done the tutorial" button it automatically gives you the "congratulations you figured out how to remodulate your weapon" accolade or whatever?
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    velktra wrote: »
    There are Borg in the tutorial. Why not introduce remodulating there? The replicator remodulator is free, after all. ;)

EDIT: I realize that might be annoying to players starting a new alt. Maybe they can set it so that when you click the "I've done the tutorial" button it automatically gives you the "congratulations you figured out how to remodulate your weapon" accolade or whatever?

Not really.... I would just have it as something you had to do before you're able to do STF's.
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Not really.... I would just have it as something you had to do before you're able to do STF's.

But then you have to do the remodulate tutorial on every single one of your alts. Personally I'd get annoyed with that. Better that I do it once and the game recognizes I've done it and doesn't make me do it again. :P
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    velktra wrote: »
    But then you have to do the remodulate tutorial on every single one of your alts. Personally I'd get annoyed with that. Better that I do it once and the game recognizes I've done it and doesn't make me do it again. :P

The solution here is obvious, put it in the main tutorial :) That can be skipped on subsequent characters, but must be played for the first.
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    there were two feds in my last pug who weren't re-modulating at all despite being in maco set. Quite easy to say that they were trolling.
    That was my last pug
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]