test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I don't want to play KDF so why can't I use my other slot for Federation?

jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Why should I have to spend $6.25 to play level another federation officer?
Post edited by jamesdax on

Comments

• mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jamesdax wrote: »

Because that's how it is.
  • cormorancormoran Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Because that's how Cryptic makes money and therefore stays in business.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Or how about using that slot for what its intended for and giving the KDF a try, how do you know if you don't like it if you haven't even tried it yet.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • thetruthurtsthetruthurts Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Free accounts are free, meaning you can create as many fed characters as you want.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    jamesdax wrote: »
    Because although the game is free to play, it's not free to run and they have to get money to pay the bills from somewhere and honestly $6.25 is not a lot of money.
    The KDF has an interesting story line in the early missions and they have some of the best tactical ships in the game. Since you have a dedicated slot for a Klingon anyway you may as well make use of it, give the faction an honest try and you might be glad that you did.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • jamesdaxjamesdax Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, I guess I'll just stick with the one Fed toon that I have. Thanks for your input though.

Still, I understand it's Free To Play and if they want to limit us to just to just two toon slots and make you pay for additional ones that's cool. I have no problem with that. But why not allow us to use those two slots any way we want?

Anyway, I don't really care about playing KDF but maybe one day I'll give it a shot. Doubtful, but who knows. I never say never.
  • aarons8aarons8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    it would take like a week to get enough dilithium to buy the zen needed to make 2 more fed chars.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You don't have to make a Klingon to play KDF, many give it a try just to have a chance to have an Orion character.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Simple, KDF have access to a lot more daily missions that award dilithium. Play as a klink for a bit to farm dilithium, trade for cp, buy more fed toons. You win by unlocking more fed toons for your account and the KDF wins because another player has signed in to a klink character, this may effect the stats that PWE/Cryptic recieve about their player base.

More players = more content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!