test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic Answers??

captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
We are passing from day 5 to day 6 of September. When are the answers to the Ask Cryptic that were submitted last week going to be posted?:confused:
Post edited by captainjk740 on

Comments

• rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Gotta give Dan some time mate, there were 30 odd pages. It no doubt takes a lot of time to go through all them and pick out what questions he doesn't want to answer.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited September 2012
    If you look back at the posting history of the Ask Cryptic web feature, you will see that they are posted within the first or second week of the month, usually on a Friday -- this one will be no different :) It should be up this Friday.

As rtk142 mentioned, it takes time to answer all the questions. Also, it now gets localized into French and German, and we post the article at the same time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Guys, harass the Devs tomorrow during the Community Q&A Event (10am-6pm PST). Best part about tomorrow, you can also win prizes.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    We are passing from day 5 to day 6 of September. Where are the answers to the Ask Cryptic that were submitted last week?:confused:

Lol, I love the fact that we are close to 1000 days, and always I get to see the same posts..

There should be a title, "Captain Repeat Post".

Wish I could escape it by playing a different game.....:cool:
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Gotta give Dan some time mate, there were 30 odd pages. It no doubt takes a lot of time to go through all them and pick out what questions he doesn't want to answer.

Yep 30 pages of asking when the KDF will get *some* love, when the vesta will be out, why dooes the kdf not get a fleet ship module discount, lockbox hate, more lockbox hate, and one he put on there about what an awesome job he is doing :)
  • nikkyvixnikkyvix Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Weeding out unnecessary posts and questions take time. To say nothing about actually answering them and, as posted, localizing them for other languages.

I know I for one am tired of seeing the same questions picked:
    When will we get poker?
    Why can't we pilot from our ships??
    Why don't you make things for the Klingons???
    When is the Vesta coming????
    When will you make STF loot easier to get?????
    Where is my Romulan faction?!?!?
    Where is all the content???!!!one

Some probably just submit the same questions over and over just to be a nuisance and inflate the pages, even when answers to all of these have already been given.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
    "Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nikkyvix wrote: »
    Weeding out unnecessary posts and questions take time. To say nothing about actually answering them and, as posted, localizing them for other languages.

When will we get poker?
    When will you make STF loot easier to get????

Some probably just submit the same questions over and over just to be a nuisance and inflate the pages, even when answers to all of these have already been given.

You know what prevent these questions from being REPEATEDLY asked in virtually every... single... Ask... Cryptic?

ADDING THESE THINGS!!!

Doesn't matter how often they make a Q&A or Ask Cryptic, the question of "When will the KDF get more unique content?" or "When will the KDF finally be full-fledged faction?" will persist, until they actually MAKE the faction fully-fledged, and give it the same treatment as they give the FED faction.

Considering we keep getting told that the company is growing with new people all the time, it does it make it rather curious, why they STILL have problems actually adding things persistently. We don't know if the game will be around 30 days from now, much less a year or two down the road. And the longer the game goes without getting new content of things that the PLAYERS want, the more people emigrate to other games. Before long, you're down to a skeleton crew of players.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It is very educational to be able to know what nothing means in 42 different languages :)
  • captainjk740captainjk740 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If you look back at the posting history of the Ask Cryptic web feature, you will see that they are posted within the first or second week of the month, usually on a Friday -- this one will be no different :) It should be up this Friday.

As rtk142 mentioned, it takes time to answer all the questions. Also, it now gets localized into French and German, and we post the article at the same time.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I just asked a simple question, people. I have never seen an entry anywhere of when answers are usually posted. Most of the time, I do not pay attention to when the Ask Cryptic are opened or closed. I also do not pay any attention to when the answers are posted. Once in a while, I will notice some post on the STO main page that answers are posted. Then, I will sometimes read them. However, this time...I am interested in finding out some answers to the questions that were asked for this month. Therefore, I decided to ask when it would be posted.
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

That's generally been the case...though I thought there was more of an effort to have Ask Cryptic being out on the first of the month and then engineering reports coming out around the 15th way back. Since Dan Stahl left and returned, engineering reports were replaced with state of the game features and the Ask Cryptic questions are usually asked on the forums a few days before the month ends and posted a week later.

Ask Cryptic posting history:
    10 August 2012
    6 July 2012
    6 June 2012
    4 May 2012
    5 April 2012
    1 March 2012
    <Dan Stahl leaves Cryptic for several months. none from October 2011 - February 2012>
    9 September 2011
    11 August 2011
    3 July 2011
    7 June 2011
    6 May 2011
    4 April 2011
    3 March 2011
    10 February 2011
    7 January 2011
    2 December 2010
    1 October 2010
    3 September 2010
    9 August 2010
    <Dan Stahl takes over as Executive Producer>
    9 July 2010
    8 June 2010
    12 April 2010
    <twenty before that>
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • thesnyndicatethesnyndicate Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Will You Share Plasma Leech Via Lockboxes With Feds Now Or Anytime In Future????

Ty And Sorry For Caps Is A Question I Ask For About A Month And Still I Didnt Get any Official Reply Back
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Guys, harass the Devs tomorrow during the Community Q&A Event (10am-6pm PST). Best part about tomorrow, you can also win prizes.

What will this be in GMT as I would like to attend and where is it?
    Tribble or Holodeck
    ESD or DS9?
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Will You Share Plasma Leech Via Lockboxes With Feds Now Or Anytime In Future????

Ty And Sorry For Caps Is A Question I Ask For About A Month And Still I Didnt Get any Official Reply Back

That's no justification for inflicting us all with Caps Lock At The Start Of Each Word Like This...

#justsayin
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nikkyvix wrote: »

When will we get poker?
    When will you make STF loot easier to get?????

"What, this dead targ again ?"

I STILL love that answer.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    What will this be in GMT as I would like to attend and where is it?
    Tribble or Holodeck
    ESD or DS9?

Starts in about an hour and a half from now.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to start spamming the ask cryptics with my questions from now on, until they get answered. I've asked them a few times here on the boards and on a few of the ask cryptics, only to never get answers. I didn't ask them this time around though, forgot to check the boards every day for the ask cryptic thread to appear...

My soon to be spammed questions:

Some time back, there was talk about removing the off-duty clothing slots. All the clothing options, duty uniforms and off-duty clothing, were going to be avaliable and useable together. Also part of this was removing the visuals from armor and kits and adding them to the tailor as options and giving some of the off-duty options (the merc set and the section 31 were the ones mentions specifically) to the Klingons. Question is, what happened to this?

Some time back, there was talk about section heads system coming live. It was said to happen "shortly" after the DOff system went life. By this, I don't mean the little face pop-up that suggests the purple DOffs it likes. I'm talking about the system that let you set a BOff as a section head and let him "eat" DOffs to gain extra abilities that would then be added to the ship. The aspect I was waiting for the most, that was talked about coming with this, was my Chief Engineer being in engineering, my CMO being in sickbay, my first officer sitting in the first officer chair (instead of Ensign Ricky) and the ability to assign bridge seats to certain officers (no more Chief Engineer manning the helm!). Question is, what happened to this?

Basically those questions are two systems I was anxiously waiting for, that were said to be almost ready, and then went poof. I heard it was beacause Heretic left... because just one man works on systems and takes the notes when they leave!?
  • roguestarshiproguestarship Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Been trying to catch it so can asked about TOS Interior Bridge & when they plan to change the NPC's on DECK to make sure there all wearing TOS Uniform.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The september questions have already been asked. We should be getting the answers today.
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Pretty much what stf65 said, it should be today.

On a related note, Dan Stahl did answer a similar question during his Raptr Q&A yesterday:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=378781

Artan42: Could we have all Starbase NPC's in fleet uniforms please.

Dstahl: Someday, but unfortunately we need some tricky tech to make this happen (for starships as well)
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Brandon normally posts for questions the last week of the month and closes it the first day of the month (give or take). Just look for a thread in the News forum each month for a chance to ask! :)
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• roguestarshiproguestarship Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My only other question would be!! What is chance of getting an Fed Orion BOF Officer w/ choice of Fed Uniform or Orion outfit. To buy on C-Store in near future.
  • dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would see a difficulty getting your crew all in TOS uniforms for the simple fact STARFLEET granted its officers the ability to wear whatever uniforms they want. It's in the Lore that pops up randomly in the game. Which is why WE are not all in one uniform.

You can get a Fed Orion easily, Just do the Diplomatic missions to rank 4, I have several of them.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My question would be what was the logic in giving the fleet Galaxy-r and Nebula an extra engineering console when both these ships really need an additional tactical console.
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    rtk142 wrote: »

He doesn't WANT to answer any questions, and typically does a very good job at answering without really answering.
  • adon333adon333 Member Posts: 304
    edited September 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    You know what prevent these questions from being REPEATEDLY asked in virtually every... single... Ask... Cryptic?

ADDING THESE THINGS!!!

Doesn't matter how often they make a Q&A or Ask Cryptic, the question of "When will the KDF get more unique content?" or "When will the KDF finally be full-fledged faction?" will persist, until they actually MAKE the faction fully-fledged, and give it the same treatment as they give the FED faction.

Considering we keep getting told that the company is growing with new people all the time, it does it make it rather curious, why they STILL have problems actually adding things persistently. We don't know if the game will be around 30 days from now, much less a year or two down the road. And the longer the game goes without getting new content of things that the PLAYERS want, the more people emigrate to other games. Before long, you're down to a skeleton crew of players.

Easy now Meurik....too much common sense will get you "disappeared" around here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that's right.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    He doesn't WANT to answer any questions, and typically does a very good job at answering without really answering.

I often feel someone other than Dan should select the questions to be answered. Feels rigged to me as most if not all questions answered are Federation related questions, unimportant ones too. Like why can't I have a such and such on the Federation side, what is your favourite such and such. Rather than tackling the hard questions like when is there going to be more KDF content, why no discount on KDF fleet ships etc and so on.

I must give him credit with the Raptr Q&A recently, answering KDF and Fed questions equally. I was impressed and did like some of the answers. I feel this is how the Ask Cryptic should be set up where he answers all the questions. I can understand it would take more time but a happy community is a productive one. Plus many questions are asked many times over by different members.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I often feel someone other than Dan should select the questions to be answered.

I agree, and hereby nominate BranFlakes. I've always viewed that as part of a Community Manager's job, and during beta when there were IRC dev chats, the CMs would sometimes monitor a separate channel and pick questions to shoot over into the main channel, which was set "moderated" (which meant only people specifically allowed to talk could talk, which was the channel moderators and the devs.) It worked well.

Another system that works well is for the community to vote, and the top X questions to be submitted; however, there always has to be a leeway factor there, because only Dan knows if he can't answer a question at all due to marketing concerns, and thus it would be a waste to include it.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".