test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Immersion

cakeballscakeballs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
So I was looking around Quark's Bar in DS9 and couldn't help, but be bothered by the dart board. It's upside-down! Could someone right it up? I mean anyone who plays darts knows that the 20 should be at top. :mad:

edit: Those dart boards are held up by an off-center TRIBBLE, which allows them to be right-side up. This is completely impossible because of the simulated gravity on DS9.
Post edited by cakeballs on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, since you're the first person to mention that in 2.5 years I don't think it's going to be a top priority fix. :D
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Well, since you're the first person to mention that in 2.5 years I don't think it's going to be a top priority fix. :D

That's because you haven't been in the game design field before. Everything needs to be perfect. It isn't hard to fix, just rotate the texture! Surely they could stop making FED costumes just once and fix all the broken textures in this game.

Edit: Morn should have a container full of "liquid". It isn't right to have him sitting there holding an empty container. This isn't how it worked in DS9.

Also, where's quark?
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    cakeballs wrote: »
    That's because you haven't been in the game design field before. Everything needs to be perfect. It isn't hard to fix, just rotate the texture! Surely they could stop making FED costumes just once and fix all the broken textures in this game.
    Actually that would be Tacoface's job, as he's the Environmental Artist. It has nothing to do with the people who make costumes - an entirely different artist division on the team; just as ship skins are a different artist team as well.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    spazzitspazzit Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This needs to be fixed. How can I erotic role play with female toons (played by men) with this immersion breaking tragedy. Every time I look deep into a cat person's pixel eyes i see past to the 20 on the bottom of the wheel.

CRYPTIC YOU MUST FIX THIS. I can't role play with this, it's RUINING MY IMMERSION.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    spazzit wrote: »
    This needs to be fixed. How can I erotic role play with female toons (played by men) with this immersion breaking tragedy. Every time I look deep into a cat person's pixel eyes i see past to the 20 on the bottom of the wheel.

CRYPTIC YOU MUST FIX THIS. I can't role play with this, it's RUINING MY IMMERSION.

Hey man this is a serious issue! Especially if you're standing next to Morn and he is drinking NOTHING! This is a serious problem. It's not hard to add a single cylinder to morn's cup to make it look like he's drinking something!
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You haven't known Cryptic very long. Perfection is a complete non-issue for them. Hence ships decloak when Boffs sneeze, and it took them over two years to change the name of an NPC on Starbase Sierra, to something other than the name of another NPC it was standing right next to. Which really should've been the quickest fix of all.

Just saying...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Also when I stand on top of that illuminated sign, the whole room glitches out. Can someone fix this? It's just like Defera Space being all black.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    You haven't known Cryptic very long. Perfection is a complete non-issue for them. Hence ships decloak when Boffs sneeze, and it took them over two years to change the name of an NPC on Starbase Sierra, to something other than the name of another NPC it was standing right next to. Which really should've been the quickest fix of all.

Just saying...

Everyone knows Andorians are bigots, I don't care what your opinion is of Cryptic. I hold them in high regards. You should be ashamed of yourself.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I don't care what lockbox ships you're planning next, cryptic, this needs to be top priority. Who cares if most of your devs can't model, put them on this anyways!

I've spent at least 200 on lockbox keys AND i'm a LIFETIME SUBSCRIBER. I obviously deserve this!
  • Options
    bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Upside-down Dartboard will be fixed long before the Cloaking Device, Marauding Boff, and Shipyard Reroute. Like Men's Warehouse: I guarantee it.
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    bloctoad wrote: »
    Upside-down Dartboard will be fixed long before the Cloaking Device, Marauding Boff, and Shipyard Reroute. Like Men's Warehouse: I guarantee it.
    Possibly; especially if Taco sees this thread and has an extra hour to just flip it over, but Devs often do things on their own time. Heck, the entire Captain's Table was something the Devs did on their own time. :)
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Maybe the rules changed in the 25th century and the 20 has to be at the bottom then. You don't know, you won't be then!
  • Options
    kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'd think your immersion, regarding the dartboard, would be more harmed by the fact that you can't actually throw any darts at it.

Perhaps someone got angry that there are no darts and flipped it in anger? Lacking darts, Borat or whatever that Frengi who runs the place now is called didn't bother to fix it.

Just a theory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,648 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Actually that would be Tacoface's job, as he's the Environmental Artist. It has nothing to do with the people who make costumes - an entirely different artist division on the team; just as ship skins are a different artist team as well.

quark retired and bought a moon
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Really? THAT breaks your immersion in this otherwise flawlessly authentic universe? ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Is this fixed yet? Inquiring minds want to know!

I will BLOG about this Cryptic, you're not dodging this one!
  • Options
    psonixpsonix Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why is Morn sitting on the wrong side of the bar?!? He always sits by the door. Hes not where he is supposed to be can we fix this?!?