test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Aestu Compromise

aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
1. Remove the fleet tag from existing fleet doffs (essentially an amnesty)
2. Future fleet doffs are bind-to-fleet and are shown on the roster as an eighth profession below Civilian
3. Fleet doffs are blacklisted from exchanges and donations (in the same manner photonics are)

Alternative to #2: Future fleet doffs are not fleet bound, but are always BoP and clearly designated through a special trait. Existing fleet doffs become normal doffs, as described.

Further suggestion: PWE should give everyone who has yet achieved a certain level of fleet activity a purple-quality Mizarian doff as a "mea culpa" package. And yes, I'm serious. I think that would be really cool and everyone would be elated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aestu on

Comments

• Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    aestu wrote: »
    1. Remove the fleet tag from existing fleet doffs (essentially an amnesty)
    2. Future fleet doffs are bind-to-fleet and are shown on the roster as an eighth profession below Civilian
    3. Fleet doffs are blacklisted from exchanges and donations (in the same manner photonics are)

Alternative to #2: Future fleet doffs are not fleet bound, but are always BoP and clearly designated through a special trait. Existing fleet doffs become normal doffs, as described.

Further suggestion: PWE should give everyone who has yet achieved a certain level of fleet activity a purple-quality Mizarian doff as a "mea culpa" package. And yes, I'm serious. I think that would be really cool and everyone would be elated.

For me (and I would think a lot of the smaller fleets) if the fleet doffs are not usable in projects, they might as well just take the fleet doff vendor and fleet doffs out of the game entirely. I am not going to upgrind and downgrind fleet doffs at the academy. Its tedious, empty travel back and forth and I'd rather have something useful to spend my FCs on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    pop up button on doff interface "delete Fleet doffs"
    Would have saved me a LOT of time and money
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    pop up button on doff interface "delete Fleet doffs"
    Would have saved me a LOT of time and money

Man there are so many UI issues in this game it isn't even funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matthew486dxmatthew486dx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    For me (and I would think a lot of the smaller fleets) if the fleet doffs are not usable in projects, they might as well just take the fleet doff vendor and fleet doffs out of the game entirely. I am not going to upgrind and downgrind fleet doffs at the academy. Its tedious, empty travel back and forth and I'd rather have something useful to spend my FCs on.

I agree whole heartily. They gave us the Fleet Mark boost item. As a way for smaller Fleets to sink their surplus Fleet credits into a way of making it easier to progress.

If Fleet DOFFs were not intended to be the same thing, to relieve the already starved DOFF market due to time gates (RE: Invisible cooldowns) on recruitment, why have them at all? Seriously? TBTP intentions seemed clear at first. And they were welcomed. Then we got backhanded this broken system after the fact.

I just can't get over how much they pressed the fact any size fleet could make it happen.
    And yet my modest Fleet of 50 is struggling. It's frustrating on a massive scale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Matthew@Matthew486DX -> Eng Lvl 60
    FAW/Tank: Tactical Oddyessy T5-U, Tank/Heal Science Oddyessy T5-U, DPS Cruiser: A2B Battlecruiser T5-U, DPS/Debuff Tholian Recluse T5-U
    Fleet Admiral: Angry Tribbles
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Agreed. For something that was sold to us as a way to help, it's about as useful as a third nipple now....
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Good news from the August 28th Tribble patch notes:

Duty Officers:
    Dilithium rewards granted for dismissing any Duty Officer have been reduced.
    New rewards are as follows:
    White: 1
    Green: 10
    Blue: 25
    Purple: 50
    Amount of Recruitment CXP has not been altered.
    All Duty Officers obtained from the Fleet Exchange can once more be contributed to Fleet Projects.
    This change is retroactive, and will allow all existing versions of these items to be contributed, as well as any obtained in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Whoa - Reduced from 75 to 1 for white? So in the end they were worried about Dilithium? Seriously? Just make Fleet Doffs dismissible for no Dil but still functional...

/boggled....
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    G
    All Duty Officers obtained from the Fleet Exchange can once more be contributed to Fleet Projects.
    This change is retroactive, and will allow all existing versions of these items to be contributed, as well as any obtained in the future.

Thank Q for that one. I could care less about the dilithium thing, but as long as that happens, I'm good.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Whoa - Reduced from 75 to 1 for white? So in the end they were worried about Dilithium? Seriously? Just make Fleet Doffs dismissible for no Dil but still functional...

/boggled....

Funnily enough .... your post makes so much sense but the LOL continues.... sighs. The fact they had to test a FIX to a patch they tested on tribble in the first place speaks greatly of the test server's function....
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Here is a thought and how I originally thought Fleet DOFFs would be when we heard about them:

Go to the DOFF Contact on your Starbase
    Open a Fleet DOFF store like Ferra or S'tass
    voila - you pick from a list of doffs and buy the ones you want!!

They could have all been bound and flagged like the Ferra and S'tass DOFFs where you can only have one at a time and unusable in the DOFF grinder. In addition, they could have cost 10x more FCs for all I care. It still would have been a use for my fleet credits.

Here is an even wilder thought....if the dismissed for 75 etc... dilithium make the commons cost 750 or even 7,500 FCs and progress at 10x or 100x their worth in dilithium. Instead, here we are again fixing the fix for a fix.