test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: new BOFF abilities and adjustments.

quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
Adjustments:
1. Isolate Gravity Well.
It shouldn't start a cooldown on Energy Siphon, Tyken's Rift or Tachyon Beam; not should they start a cooldown on it: just put it on its own.

2. Tractor Beam.
Tractor Beam is quite devastating in PvP; but in PvE it fails as a crowd control measure and is solely used for the Tractor Beam Officer's Shield Drain.
How about:
TB1: no change.
TB2: same effects, 2 Targets.
TB3: same effects, 3 Targets.
(additional targets automatically picked by proximity, like TBR)
That way, a SV with Tractor Beam III can delay a full wave in CSE or up to 3 Spheres in ISE or up to 3 attaclers in Fleet Events... actually controlling a (small) crowd.

New Space BOFF abilities:
1. Eng: Emergency Threat Mitigation (for lack of a better name)
Effect: self-only buff, enhances Threat Generation and reduces incoming damage.
ETM1: LT, Threat+15%, +11 all damage resistance for 20 seconds.
ETM2: LTC, Threat+20%, +15 all damage resistance for 20 seconds.
ETM3: C, Threat+25%, +19 all damage resistance for 20 seconds.
Scales with: Threat Control (Threat+<Skill/20>; Resistance+<Skill/50>), Structural Integrity (Resistance+<Skill/25>).
Recast: 85s->45s.
Starts 15s recast on: nothing.
Duplicate ability recast: 30s.

Obvious intended use is obvious.

2. Tac: Attack Pattern Xi (why Xi? Because the capital Xi wouldd be a nice symbol over the Ship)
Effect: self-only buff, enhances the critical hit rate and proc rate of all Energy Weapons.
APX1: ENS, critical hit rate+.5%, proc rate+.5% for 30s.
APX2: LT, critical hit rate+1.5%, proc rate+1.5% for 30s.
APX3: LTC, crtical hit rate+2.5%, proc rate+2.5% for 30s.
For Antiprotons, the proc rate increase is replaced by a critical severity increase: +4%, 12%, +20%.
Scales with: Starship Attack Patterns (same as the others Patterns, +<Skill/2>% effect).
Recast: 70s->30s.
Starts 15s recast on: APO, APB, APD.
Duplicate ability recast: 15s.

Resolves the "useless third Tac Ensign" conundrum (but still keeps it a relatively weak slot), brings some variety to Tac BOFFs.
Post edited by quiscustodiet on

Comments

• Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    (my personal opinions of the suggestions)

1. Isolate Gravity Well.

Not sure about that, the idea is your deflector is key in 'casting' the ability, and from a canon point of view mixing particles from when generating either rift could cause some horrible consequences (though tachyon/energy drain i can see why they should be on separate c/downs)

2. Tractor Beam.

Have to say for pve i kinda like the idea, pvp might cause a bit of an upset though.

1. Eng: Emergency Threat Mitigation
    Cant imagine how they could implement an ability that genreates threat, (canon wise)

...then again none of the 'team' boff powers make sense, 'casts eng team and a crew of engineers charge up and down the ship with sticky tape ^^'

Suppose it would be handy for cruisers though.

Maybe an ability along the lines of bluffing a weakness? (like how shinzon dropped his cloak to surpise attack dontatra in that horrible film, ((though that would make it more a tactical power?)) )

2. Tac: Attack Pattern Xi

This could cause a hellofalotof bother in pvp.. Polaron pattern Xi = energy shortages for all..

"Resolves the "useless third Tac Ensign" conundrum (but still keeps it a relatively weak slot), brings some variety to Tac BOFFs."

That slot can be used for a torp HY, or a beam subsystem target, not idea, but the third slot is not useless.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    quiscustodietquiscustodiet Member Posts: 350
    edited August 2012
    (my personal opinions of the suggestions)

1. Isolate Gravity Well.

Not sure about that, the idea is your deflector is key in 'casting' the ability, and from a canon point of view mixing particles from when generating either rift could cause some horrible consequences (though tachyon/energy drain i can see why they should be on separate c/downs)

Don't care. This is a game, not "let's recreate x player's extremely subjective views of a vague canon" and being unable to use Gravity Well for 15s after Tachyon Beam/Energy Siphon is a limitation that shouldn't be there.

2. Tractor Beam.

Have to say for pve i kinda like the idea, pvp might cause a bit of an upset though.
    I did consider the effects on PvP. Tbh, given the limited range of Tractor Beams and the existence of counters (APO, PH), it shouldn't be much of an issue.
    1. Eng: Emergency Threat Mitigation
    Cant imagine how they could implement an ability that genreates threat, (canon wise)
    The very concept of Threat Control makes little sense in a TV show/reality, but it's pivotal to any MMO, hence why we have a Threat mechanic (it's hidden, but it's there) and a Threat Control Skill.
    2. Tac: Attack Pattern Xi

This could cause a hellofalotof bother in pvp.. Polaron pattern Xi = energy shortages for all..
    I'll let you in on a little secret: those procs? Quite weak overall and this would change little to that fact; max 6.25% procrate would still leave your Polarons to average -1.5625 Power to all systems.
    On pets, yes, it would be a major issue, because the spam does give a lot of proc chances, but pets shouldn't have access to this.
    "Resolves the "useless third Tac Ensign" conundrum (but still keeps it a relatively weak slot), brings some variety to Tac BOFFs."

That slot can be used for a torp HY, or a beam subsystem target, not idea, but the third slot is not useless.
    Yes, it is. Opportunity cost: that HY is actually lowering your performance compared to an empty slot.