test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Torp Boat Question

gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
I have two Warhead Yield Chambers slotted.

I understand that it stacks with the KHG 2 set bonus +25% torp damage.

I'm aware the two Yield Chambers suffer from diminishing results from each other. Is the set bonus from the KHG subject to these rules or is it counted as a unique bonus?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yield Chambers do not suffer from diminishing returns. Very few consoles have diminishing returns. The only ones I can think off right now with diminishing returns are resistance ones.
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    All your +% tac consoles and field emitters have diminishing returns.

This has been discussed to death before.
    +# seems to stack straight off.
    +% seems to have diminished returns

The +35% shield cap does not stack at all.

The Damage Resistance Equation as a formula is:
    DR=(3*(0.25-(75/(150+DRM))^2))

http://www.stowiki.org/Damage_resistance
  • Options
    obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The shield capactity bonus has been stacking for months now.
    And as far as I know only damage resistance has diminishing returns. Damage bonuses do not.
    (Unless that has changed as well.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    polie05 wrote: »

This has been discussed to death before.

http://www.stowiki.org/Damage_resistance
    You are wrong tac consoles do not have diminishing returns. If the 1st tac consoles gives me 42dps then the 2nd gives me 42dps all the way up to 5th which still gives 42dps. I have to check field emitters but last I heard diminishing returns got removed but the bonus got lowered to 17% ish.

armor resistance has diminishing returns but shield resistance does not.
  • Options
    disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Flat bonuses stack, percentages don't. If you have a console that adds a +20 then adding another +20 nets you 40. But if you have a console that adds +20% that 20% of the origional total so say the origional was 100 you get 120 then you add another +20% thats 20% of 100 not 120 so you end up with 140 instead of 144.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • Options
    maelwy5maelwy5 Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm pretty certain* that Tac Consoles all stack additively without DR.

(*read: completely certain, but trying to state it somewhat gently since it conflicts with the above previously stated opinions and misinformation tends to be hard to shift...)

Tac Consoles operate based off your base DPS - not your DPS after skillpoints and weapons power and other consoles. A "+26%" console grants a DPS bonus equal to 26% of your base damage. The NEXT console grants an identical bonus, and so on and so on.

+ Unslot all consoles. Add one console. Measure DPS increase.
    + Unslot all consoles. Add two consoles - DPS increase should be double the amount added with one console.
    + Unslot all consoles. Add three consoles - DPS increase should be triple the amount added with one console.
    etc. etc.

Diminishing Returns is in effect for many things, but it's not quite as cut-and-dried as "percentage boosts have DR and non percentage boosts don't"... :(
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
  • Options
    ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    polie05 wrote: »

Unlike maelwy5, I'll be blunt.

Tac consoles do not have diminishing returns, and maelwy5's explanation is exactly how it works.

maelwy5 wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain* that Tac Consoles all stack additively without DR.

(*read: completely certain, but trying to state it somewhat gently since it conflicts with the above previously stated opinions and misinformation tends to be hard to shift...)

Tac Consoles operate based off your base DPS - not your DPS after skillpoints and weapons power and other consoles. A "+26%" console grants a DPS bonus equal to 26% of your base damage. The NEXT console grants an identical bonus, and so on and so on.

+ Unslot all consoles. Add one console. Measure DPS increase.
    + Unslot all consoles. Add two consoles - DPS increase should be double the amount added with one console.
    + Unslot all consoles. Add three consoles - DPS increase should be triple the amount added with one console.
    etc. etc.

Diminishing Returns is in effect for many things, but it's not quite as cut-and-dried as "percentage boosts have DR and non percentage boosts don't"... :(

As usual. ;)
  • Options
    bareelbareel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Depends on your definition of 'DR' but to the standard person they stack additively and do not have any diminishing returns as has been stated several million times by now.