Install Arc
Options

Contract Bartender for Starbase

2»

Comments

• Options
    dbxxxdbxxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    personally i like the idea thats its harder to get, even if its pointless, thats fine, if i wanted a nice easy game, ill go and play FarmVille, or whatever other "ville" is popular right now, maybe StarTrek Ville or Qo'Nos Villle :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DISCLAIMER: If any of my opinions or what I say hurt/offend you. TOUGH. Either deal with it or go cry like the whiny keyboard warrior you probably are.
  • Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    dbxxx wrote: »
    personally i like the idea thats its harder to get, even if its pointless, thats fine, if i wanted a nice easy game, ill go and play FarmVille, or whatever other "ville" is popular right now, maybe StarTrek Ville or Qo'Nos Villle :D

I actually stayed here because it was a nice easy game. It's actually the easiest MMO I've ever played. Hard would be okay for me, you know, if said hard wasn't about cash grabbing for the devs. It's why I love doing the STFs even though I've done them hundreds of times now and have everything I want, I still do them because I need dilithium. I'm a big fan of earning what I have in game. Starbases, however, are nothing more than a money and resource sink. It's not hard in the least, you just donate stuff to a project.

What this project here is, is what I call a bottleneck. Because the fact apparently is that few people do DOFFing because they're too scared of it or don't see the point. They know enough about it to drop 5 space and 5 ground DOFFs into active duty but that's about it. 50 dosi drinks is acceptable for this project. 250 = bottleneck. At least with the ales they're just uncommon but they might as well be very rare, too. I actually had more dosi to donate than ales for this project because the dosi are easily got from a common(I assume daily) doff assignment. The ales are a very rare reward from a doff assignment and are quite rare as a drop despite their uncommon tag.

But whatevs. It's not going to change so there isn't much point in discussing it. Just have to live with it and get it done when it gets done.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Wanted to post something here, remembered it was unfavorable for me. :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    azerdracoazerdraco Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    romuzarii wrote: »
    I actually stayed here because it was a nice easy game. It's actually the easiest MMO I've ever played. Hard would be okay for me, you know, if said hard wasn't about cash grabbing for the devs. It's why I love doing the STFs even though I've done them hundreds of times now and have everything I want, I still do them because I need dilithium. I'm a big fan of earning what I have in game. Starbases, however, are nothing more than a money and resource sink. It's not hard in the least, you just donate stuff to a project.

What this project here is, is what I call a bottleneck. Because the fact apparently is that few people do DOFFing because they're too scared of it or don't see the point. They know enough about it to drop 5 space and 5 ground DOFFs into active duty but that's about it. 50 dosi drinks is acceptable for this project. 250 = bottleneck. At least with the ales they're just uncommon but they might as well be very rare, too. I actually had more dosi to donate than ales for this project because the dosi are easily got from a common(I assume daily) doff assignment. The ales are a very rare reward from a doff assignment and are quite rare as a drop despite their uncommon tag.

But whatevs. It's not going to change so there isn't much point in discussing it. Just have to live with it and get it done when it gets done.

I would point out that there is a contradiction in this post, namely that this individual is "A big fan of earning what I have in game", but cries about actually having to go out and actually FINDING where to get something that is not sold at vendors or in a single, grindable mission.

I would point out that this individual believes that most people are ignorant of the Doff system, except for "know(ing) enough about it to drop 5 space and 5 ground DOFFs into active duty", but has absolutely no constructive advice on which Doff missions to run for either Rom Ale or Rotgut (btw, Rom Ale is a chance drop from ANY contraband mission, and Rotgut is from the Tulaberry chain.)

I would point out that this individual also keeps ranting about how this mission is unfair and all, and complains about the price on the Exchange, but does absolutely nothing to help educate ANYONE else about fixing the problems.

I would do these things, but that would be unfair since I can actually prove my point from his own words.
  • Options
    recksracerrecksracer Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    feargan wrote: »
    Blah Blah Blah your own fault Blah Blah should've planned ahead Blah Blah Blame the fleet leader Blah effing blah... WRONG. Anyone who thinks this way is missing the point: The system is imbalanced and needs to be fixed. The demand drastically exceeds the supply, therefore, supply must increase to match the demand or risk losing customers. We've seen this very recently, lest everyone forget. Many Common Duty Officers selling for 750k+ EC on the exchange; absurd. What happened? Fleet Duty Officer requisitions were added to balance the system. A similar solution is required here.

What a crybaby...

It is your own fault if you start a project that your fleet can't handle.

Don't take on prjoects meant for much larger fleets if you don't have the goods to kick it off.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yeah really. you get jack for Fleet Credits for contributing the drinks to the bartender project. Seriously 2 FC each!!! Ugh...

That's my only complaint. I had a dozen bottles sitting in my bank, just gathered over time from DOff Assignments and drops. Contributed a few, saw they barely gave anything, then checked the exchange and went :eek:.
  • Options
    megamanx82megamanx82 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    griphon27 wrote: »
    Dear PWE/ Cryptic,

I agree with the first post that these items are hard to get basically stalling the starbase building progress to a halt. The drops for these items are non existent.
    So I have a idea put these items that are rare drops on the zen store for approximately 10 for $1.50. This should satisfy those of use who think their time is valuable to be spent grinding these items while PWE makes some money.

Thank-you for your time.

This is actually a good idea PWE, YOU WILL MAKE MONEY!!!. You may even consider making other Hard to Get Items purchasable through the C-Store.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gwynhgwynh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey guys (or girls), some didn't hit the goal I think.

The main problem is, that there is not enough drop about that items. Let it be like above 50 Dosi & 100 Ale....ok..

If you will choose that for your base yet or later, the problem is same. And maybe YOUR next wish equip has another too high rare item, so Cryptic should rework that.
    recksracer wrote:

Don't take on prjoects meant for much larger fleets if you don't have the goods to kick it off.

The Cryptic statement for all starbase projects was, that every fleet, equal what size, can handle that....

It is actual an eternal project...

I repeat: it is not a problem of fleet size, it is a problem of very rare drop rate !

You should understand that as leader.....
  • Options
    fearganfeargan Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    recksracer wrote: »
    What a crybaby...

So now I'm a crybaby for pointing out that the nearly useless things in our starbases cost more than anythings else in the entire game... guess I should rage-quit now... wait for it... Nope, not going to happen. Call me names all you want, this still makes no sense. I can literally get in a Miranda and go to the crew deck for the same "reward". That's right: if you didn't know, ALL this bartender gives is access to the same bartending doff assignments that you get on EVERY ship.
    We've been done with this assignment for some time, so it is as I said before: I'm arguing for the smaller fleets in this debate.
    gwynh wrote: »
    Hey guys (or girls), some didn't hit the goal I think.

The main problem is, that there is not enough drop about that items. Let it be like above 50 Dosi & 100 Ale....ok..

If you will choose that for your base yet or later, the problem is same. And maybe YOUR next wish equip has another too high rare item, so Cryptic should rework that.

The Cryptic statement for all starbase projects was, that every fleet, equal what size, can handle that....

It is actual an eternal project...

I repeat: it is not a problem of fleet size, it is a problem of very rare drop rate !

You should understand that as leader.....
    See, this person understands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    UNFOUND.NET
  • Options
    xathanael#5083 xathanael Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes its a pain in the rear Starbase Project, but it is doable.
    Our fleet was able to get it finished in about 10-12 days. Yes, it takes a while to complete but look at it this way, when you get to the higher Tiers, its only going to get worse, suck it up.
    Romulan Ale was easy to get in the Romulan Mission Episodes.
    The Dosi Rotgut was relatively easy to get on the Doff missions too (granted I wish they would have given more that 1-3 as a Crit Completion Reward) but still.