test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge officer captain rank

equnax1994equnax1994 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Hi all :D... I know that BO have 4 ranks and they can't promote to captain, but it will be nice to have that option. So we can example promote only two or three BO to captain rank and we can get them ships (our old ships) that we get when we are promoted on every 10 lvl-s (i think from Admiral Quinn). Then we can have a party in space too when we doing a missions like when we are on ground(away team). I don't know how possible is this, but i think it would be nice to have that option too :D.

I'm sorry if there is some similar post :) Cheers :D
Post edited by equnax1994 on

Comments

• aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When the game first launched I had a saurian bridge officer that somehow bugged and was listed as captain rank. That's right, my character was not the highest ranked officer on the ship.

Kept that officer for a long time, still regret dismissing it.
  • equnax1994equnax1994 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    haha you was lucky :D.

I think it would be great to have a party in space :D
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have barracks full of boffs. I hate when I have to dismiss one. Maybe we could assign boffs to our starbases and post them to positions there. Since starbases have lots of senior staff hanging around we could have captain boffs there?
  • equnax1994equnax1994 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thats interesting cool. It would be nice if cryptic in seven season do something with boffs like these things.
  • kylesal24kylesal24 Member Posts: 312
    edited August 2012
    One vote here. Have been wanting this for awhile.

Kyle
    Delta Fleet Command
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2012
    I wunder how Captain buff skills would look like. Engineering Team IV with mega heal? :D
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A while ago i'd made a suggestion on the forums involving the Doff system for RP. People flipped out on me.... Personally I would LOVE to mark a Boff as captain, even if it's just from a roleplay standpoint. Not everyone wants to play as Picard or Kirk. But even since most people are VA it makes sense to promote Boffs to captain for use on other ships (if the devs implement it). As i see it if they allow even just one Boff to be promoted to captain, they should get one ability, slightly OP, but with a major cooldown to even it out. The power would be from a list that i think should be based on three things. Area(ground/space), Field(tac/sci/eng), and species. Bringing a list up like the traits list to allow you to select based on your captain.

My original idea was to add a Captain slot on the doff duty roster. The one where you select Boffs as chief of this or tac that. As a default, your captain would be sitting in the captain spot. That way it doesn't change for those who don't want it. But it would let people mark themselves as a different role. It wouldn't change game play at all yet like i said, some people spazzed on the idea. After all, your not really just playing your Captain but you're playing a whole ship and it's crew, as well as not every one wants to have their main be the ship's captain. If you were to add this to the Doff system as well as allow a Boff to be promoted to captain, this would be a lot of fun for a lot of people with out changing the game for everyone. But the Captain ability would be chosen off of whom ever was in the captain slot so the list would be based off the Doffs species as well as to allow ANYONE to get it. That way the VA's that still want to be captain can still access the power so it's not an unfair system.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    +1 from me.... I think the OP's idea has a lot of merit... seeing that an Vice or Rear Admiral would technically oversee operations of multiple ships... it makes perfect sense...

Now, how to work that into game play? that is something a little different...

I'm thinking something along the lines of the Doff System... where you can dispatch the ship to perform "missions", something like explores... with a chance at success/failure resulting in a reduced benefit from completeing the mission, or no benefit at all... perhaps loss of all hands from the AI ship.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....