test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Orb Weaver Build help

reallydumbpwereallydumbpwe Member Posts: 60 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Klingon Discussion
I just purchased an orb weaver off the exchange and was wondering if any of you captains out there had suggestions for successful builds. I am a sci officer (yes, I know, but I created this one WAY before all the sci powers got nerfed!).

I was thinking about doing a drain build with polaraons... but wondering if the phased tetryon weapons work well with the Weaver.

Just looking for some input from captains more experienced with this one. I have the assimilated console, but none of the STF gear (my experiences with STFs have generally been bad, alas). Any suggestions on consoles/shields/sets that might work well with this ship?

Thanks!
Post edited by reallydumbpwe on

Comments

• scbypwrscbypwr Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I posted a similar thread in the fed shipyard.

So far I have tried:

5 beam arrays and 1 quantum. Ts3, ts2, bo1, tt1
    Gravity well3 and tractor beam repulsion 1

2 dual beam banks,,1 quantum fore, three turrets rear.

I am running a tac with it...lol. Only real issue is power and I run batteries and EPtW to alleviate the issue.

The build is primarily for protection (kang and probes) but isn't too bad offensively when using gw3 for crowd control.

I have been using disruptor and have had good luck with the phased tetryons. Only real issue there is I have not seen any turrets you can mount on the rear weapons mounts.

I think I like the DBBs and turret build, but the beam arrays allow for a more mobile build. I also spec'd my character heavily into particle generators for gw3. After reading another thread, it would also be good to have some skill in graviton generators as well.

Discussion is welcome!
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Did that work or not?
    I'm so happy :D
    edited August 2012
    It works...just not as good as my kar'fi. I am hoping someone can help to even the two out.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just purchased an orb weaver off the exchange and was wondering if any of you captains out there had suggestions for successful builds. I am a sci officer (yes, I know, but I created this one WAY before all the sci powers got nerfed!).

I was thinking about doing a drain build with polaraons... but wondering if the phased tetryon weapons work well with the Weaver.

Just looking for some input from captains more experienced with this one. I have the assimilated console, but none of the STF gear (my experiences with STFs have generally been bad, alas). Any suggestions on consoles/shields/sets that might work well with this ship?

Thanks!

It depends on your captain skills really.

I would suggest:

Cmdr Science: Polarize hull, Tractor Repulsors, Hazard 3, Grav Well 3
    Lt Cmdr Engineer: Emg Pwr to Shields 1, Aux to SIF 1, Emg pwr to shields 3
    Ensign Science: Tractor beam 1
    Ensign Tactical: Tactical Team 1

This gives you the basic tankyness+crowd control setup the ship absolutely needs. Grav well 3 plus repulsors work beautifully with the tholian web console.

You grav well the targets and when they bunched together you pop the web and make sure you end up INSIDE the web with the targets. Once the web is up, the grav well should wear off.. and you can repulsor them into the web itself where the targets will take massive damage the entire duration...until the web collapses for the final blow.

The LT CMDR universal can be your 'situational' slot. You can set up one boff of each type for it.

You can set the sci lt cmdr for team heals or countermeasure support or for dual gravity well cycling.

The tac lt cmdr can be set for damage or for subsystem attack plethora (very effective as support)

The Engineer lt cmdr can be set for team support or self-buffing.

Your ship gear, if you have no access to STF equipment yet should be relatively simple:

Shield:
    Mk 11 or 12 covariant shield with plasma resists. This alone will help you get the STF gear you need. The reason you may be doing badly in STFs is because you dont have that 20% resist.

Engine & Deflector: AEGIS. It gives your ship a 10% def. bonus.

AEGIS is a good novice level set. Completely obsolete by the time you get just one stf gear piece (the faction shield).

You should be gunning for:

Borg Engine and Deflector and console + Faction STF shield.

That combo is the absolute best for defense no matter what ship you in.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2tdZo4_0nc&feature=plcp

If you have the Breen set that is a nice starter as it gives a first rank drain, so it frees up a Sci ability.

The Jemmy set may be a good starter with its nice boost to lolaron damage. You will often run high aux so that boosts the Sweep ability also.

You already have the console. In very short time you can have the rest of the stf gear. Read some guides. Start with the normals. Many of my vids are shot in stf's, mostly cure cause it is first on the list when I open the que.......

But get started. Its easy and you can do it in the gear the ship comes equipped with.
    edited August 2012
    Biggest thing about stf missions is to know the winning strategies.

The rest is hoping for a good pick up game. The best to do is to find a good group of players to help you with the stf missions..

See ya