test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ringers new private channel

overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
Hey All,

I am looking to create a new elitetist channel for people that want to get together and run missions.

My vision is to have people that already have all the gear they need and are just playing for fun or grinding dilithium. Having said that I want to build a small community of players that are great at playing ground missions: Kage optional (6min), IGE optional (3 min), CGE optional (4min) [STF Time KAGE(3 min), IGE (< 1min), CGE (3min).

Channel Rules:

1. Respect other players, if you're in this channel you are good at the ground. People have differrent strategies so maybe yours is not the same.

2. Do not recruit from this channel for a mission if you have a new player or an unequiped player. There are other channels to recruit for this.

3. No poaching for fleets! If someone is interested in your fleet then he will ask to join, don't go asking someone to join your fleet. If you're in this channel, chances are you've been playing for a while and are settled/content in your fleet.

P.S. feel free to recommend players to join this channel. They will be vetted of course :D
Post edited by overthetopsigh on

Comments

• Options
    dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lol, the only reason people are running stf's is for the gear.

They're not fun and they're not challenging, it's just a grind to an (uncertain) end
  • Options
    liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey All,

I am looking to create a new elitetist channel

I'm sorry but I'm an elite elitist and you are just not up to par for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey All,

I am looking to create a new elitetist channel for people that want to get together and run missions.

My vision is to have people that already have all the gear they need and are just playing for fun or grinding dilithium. Having said that I want to build a small community of players that are great at playing ground missions: Kage optional (6min), IGE optional (3 min), CGE optional (4min) [STF Time KAGE(3 min), IGE (< 1min), CGE (3min).

Channel Rules:

1. Respect other players, if you're in this channel you are good at the ground. People have differrent strategies so maybe yours is not the same.

2. Do not recruit from this channel for a mission if you have a new player or an unequiped player. There are other channels to recruit for this.

3. No poaching for fleets! If someone is interested in your fleet then he will ask to join, don't go asking someone to join your fleet. If you're in this channel, chances are you've been playing for a while and are settled/content in your fleet.

P.S. feel free to recommend players to join this channel. They will be vetted of course :D

If you want to be an elitist in the truest sense of the word and pick up players who fancy themselves then you'll have fun keeping rule 1 going.

Someone makes a mistake (as can happen to good players), and you'll "ugh why is dis n00b here. dis is elite channel".

Good luck in any case.
  • Options
    overthetopsighoverthetopsigh Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dantrainor wrote: »
    lol, the only reason people are running stf's is for the gear.

They're not fun and they're not challenging, it's just a grind to an (uncertain) end

That is the point of this channel, some people have full gear yet still run stfs; Others have full gear and would like to run other ground missions.
    skhc wrote: »
    If you want to be an elitist in the truest sense of the word and pick up players who fancy themselves then you'll have fun keeping rule 1 going.

Someone makes a mistake (as can happen to good players), and you'll "ugh why is dis n00b here. dis is elite channel".

Good luck in any case.

Yeah, I see this a lot when teams have the skill but different plans. So the people who don't like it will leave and will hopefully leave the channel with people that are mature enough to recognize the skill and not be put off because the plan was not well communicated.
  • Options
    caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dantrainor wrote: »
    lol, the only reason people are running stf's is for the gear
    Dunno, I use them as a useful source of Dil. too.
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi overthetopsigh,

Your OP to me is a little confusing, what is the channel name and is your channel only for STF missions or more?