test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just A Cotton Picking Minute...

lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
TOS Era Klingon D7s did NOT have Bio-neural warheads. I'm all for giving NPCs more formerly player only abilities. Something should be sacred and canonical. Specially i'm talking about the D7s in "Past Imperfect".
Post edited by lordfuzun on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I noticed that as well recently. They aren't hard to deal with, but I think this is more of an 'oops, we forgot about that' more than anything else.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That's one reason why i don't like the separation of system designer from teh content designers. So many decision that can be made can other unintended consequences if made in isolation.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It was implied in-mission that our future Klingon visiters gave them some of their future tech when they came into the past ;)

When put into that context, it makes a little more sense they can keep up with your ship, as well as launching Bio-Neural Warheads. Just a little
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Nothing in this game is canonical anymore. There are far greater issues than TOS-D7s havin BN warheads, really ;)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Nothing in this game is canonical anymore. There are far greater issues than TOS-D7s havin BN warheads, really ;)
    What do you mean "anymore?" The moment the TOS Connie was put into the box set at launch the game showed it had zero sense of worrying about consistent canon.

This game is all about pleasing different Trek fanboys in different ways, even if it makes no sense all rolled together. Thus we all wear different Uniforms, we all use different era Ground Weapons, we all use different race's Beams/Cannons and Shields on our ships, etc.

The fun-fact about Trek fans is that they all think they're the same but they're really all different - and they all want different things, even when it makes no sense in canon. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    What do you mean "anymore?" The moment the TOS Connie was put into the box set at launch the game showed it had zero sense of worrying about consistent canon.

This game is all about pleasing different Trek fanboys in different ways, even if it makes no sense all rolled together. Thus we all wear different Uniforms, we all use different era Ground Weapons, we all use different race's Beams/Cannons and Shields on our ships, etc.

The fun-fact about Trek fans is that they all think they're the same but they're really all different - and they all want different things, even when it makes no sense in canon. :)

ya reminds me of how they did SWG... never mind canon just cram in everything from the IP people like and let them go at it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • denliner1701denliner1701 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    TOS D7's should not have Bioneural warheads....they could add the Projected Stasis Beam as a replacement, however if they have currently used D7's I would see the Klingons would equip them with Bioneurals, but that is if they brought back the D7 line.