test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Get rid of holster key (h) it's unnecessary and annoying and bad.

skybuckflyingskybuckflying Member Posts: 77 Arc User
Ever since I started playing this game the HOLSTER KEY has annoyed me to no END.

Mod Edit

Instead use the normal first person method/call of duty method.

When I press 1 it pulls out gun 1.
When I press 2 it pulls out gun 2.

If you want to holster it... press 2 again to holster gun 2.

Easy...

THE H/HOLSTER KEY is unnecessary and just complifies the game.

Especially for experienced shooter players who get confused by thisMod Edit

And the switch to shooter mode B is also quite lame.... but somewhat understandable.

And switching guns with Z is even more stupid !!! and is also unnnecessary !

FOR SUCHMod EditLOW END GAME THIS GAME HAS THE MOST COMPLEX CONTROLS OF ANY GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED AND IT'S INSANE AND STUPID.

THIS GAME NEEDS A MAJOR REDUCTION IN THE NUMBER OF KEYS THAT ARE BEING USED !!!!

LISTEN UP, WISE UP, AND IMPLEMENT IT PROPERLY....

I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT THIS GAME IS ONLY 2 YEARS OLD AND YOU GUYS/PROGRAMMER HAVE VERY FEW EXPERIENCED WITH IT WHICH IS OBVIOUS AND SHOWING BUT MY GOD..... GET ON IT ! ;):)

That would make me a bit more happy.

Mod Edit

I HAVE SEEN 4 YEAR OLD KIDS PLAY CALL OF DUTY AND BATTLEFIELD 3

I DOUBT THEY CAN PLAY THIS GAME WITH ALL THIS COMPLEX NONSENSE... but wouldn't surprise me if it's still possible.

DONT BELIEVE ME ? WATCH YOUTUBE !

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Tobar26th
Post edited by skybuckflying on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    call of duty is for 10 year olds

and most of us have our own key lay outs

for example in ground missions pressing C1 for me triggers scan (tricorder) C 2 Triggers Hypo
    C3 Triggers a power

1 2 and 3 trigger combat actions

etc
    Live long and Prosper
  • skybuckflyingskybuckflying Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Has nothing to do with what I wrote.

You can create your own key layouts as much as you want it won't make the game any better because deep down inside there is too much wrong with it.

It's like trying to place a piece of TRIBBLE somewhere else... it won't make the TRIBBLE go away and it won't make the smell go away as long as it's in the same room...

Some behavioural issues need to be solved first before it can become any better ! ;)

That's what I wrote about.... better weapon handling algorithms/code....
    edited August 2012
    its better than anything on Xbox or playstation (and Cryptic can quote me on that)

the H key is useful

it should stay
    Live long and Prosper
    edited August 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Tobar26th
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    OP learn2play, why should anyone rewrite the code just because it confuses your poor little brain? if you don't have the skills to handle hotkeys in this game...maybe you should play something simpler eh? obviously as much as you're shouting and ranting...this game is just much too complex for you.

don't feel bad...it happens, most just move along though without the demands or ranting. simplest solution when you can't handle a game...is play something else.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
    edited August 2012
    OP learn2play, why should anyone rewrite the code just because it confuses your poor little brain? if you don't have the skills to handle hotkeys in this game...maybe you should play something simpler eh? obviously as much as you're shouting and ranting...this game is just much too complex for you.

don't feel bad...it happens, most just move along though without the demands or ranting. simplest solution when you can't handle a game...is play something else.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The problem sounds like, well really, you're problem. If you don't like the holster key, don't use it, remap the key to do something else. It's bad enough that we have idiot effects to make things easy to find for the slow witted, we don't need key commands nerfed , buggered, dummied down or whatever, just because it confuses certain individuals. frankly I would rather have these individuals confused enough to make them go away rather then have the game ruined just to suit them.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Let me ask you a question TRIBBLE:

How many fingers do you have ?! Hihihihihihihihihihi

Here is a hint for you TRIBBLE:

If you want to play a typing game... go play one of those old c64 text based games... I am sure you are going to have a blast ! BYE BYE TRIBBLE. Let the action to guys like me that know what they are talking about when they say: ACTION

Here is another hint: ACTION does not mean typing a lot of keys ! LOL.

Especially when the same action can be done with just 1 key press instead of 2 or 3.

But hey TRIBBLE... if you wanna do 3 key presses be my guest... as long as they give me 1.

And then YOU WILL DIE when you come across me on the battlefield... and then you can go and run crying away to your mamma and complain how skybuck just owned your TRIBBLE on the forum and on the field.

lol, you really created this and the other rant thread for trolling eh? and owned? by someone who can't handle something as simple as the STO control scheme? who can't figure out how to revere quickly? lmao.

as i said...try a simpler game, this is much much too complicated for you. it's not a failing of the game, it's that you fail as a player.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • tick0tick0 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Have you considered rebinding the keys to perform the actions you want? HURR DURRRR.
    star_trek_razzle_dazzle_by_schematization-d37701m.gif
    @f4tamy | Sad Pandas
  • flywizflywiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Obvious troll is obvious. I suggest doing a little bit better next time.
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I second that and would add that the same be done with all of the rant and rave threads started by the OP.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
    edited August 2012
    lol, you really created this and the other rant thread for trolling eh? and owned? by someone who can't handle something as simple as the STO control scheme? who can't figure out how to revere quickly? lmao.

as i said...try a simpler game, this is much much too complicated for you. it's not a failing of the game, it's that you fail as a player.

• goedzooigoedzooi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Most certainly not a troll.

You want us to believe that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Or a pig)

Sorry if my English is bad.
    edited August 2012
    Call of duty players do not own real guns (most of them are under 12)
    Battlefield 3 players are not likely to have them either (many of them are under 12 as well)
    Live long and Prosper
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1. Calm down
    2. Please refrain from abusive behavior
    3. If your finding it difficult to learn the default keybinds then ask for advice on a better layout fitting your playstyle be it right or left handed. (this goes hand in hand with 2)
    4. Learning a new layout takes time and when you do its all muscle memory from there.

Also since I presume you are new to mmos entirely and pc gaming i will point you to the following:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/816249-How-To-Keybind
    http://taugrim.com/2011/04/07/guide-to-strafing-movement-and-keybindings/ (mainly for the guide itself not the games mentioned)
    and last but not least
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=192243&highlight=keybinding+dummies
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    th3xr34p3r wrote: »
    1. Calm down
    2. Please refrain from abusive behavior
    3. If your finding it difficult to learn the default keybinds then ask for advice on a better layout fitting your playstyle be it right or left handed. (this goes hand in hand with 2)
    4. Learning a new layout takes time and when you do its all muscle memory from there.

Also since I presume you are new to mmos entirely and pc gaming i will point you to the following:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/816249-How-To-Keybind
    http://taugrim.com/2011/04/07/guide-to-strafing-movement-and-keybindings/ (mainly for the guide itself not the games mentioned)
    and last but not least
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=192243&highlight=keybinding+dummies

thx for that. Fact is, that nearly every key in this game can be changed, so the complain about the standard keybind has no real value, since they are not obligatory to use.
    myself i changed nearly half of all keys to better suit my playstyle and or mirror other games i played before.
    for instance right click to enter aim mode...
    Go pro or go home
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    baudl wrote: »
    thx for that. Fact is, that nearly every key in this game can be changed, so the complain about the standard keybind has no real value, since they are not obligatory to use.
    myself i changed nearly half of all keys to better suit my playstyle and or mirror other games i played before.
    for instance right click to enter aim mode...

yup i myself have everything but the injury window keybound (still trying to figure the bind name on that for space and ground >.>), and I will go one further for this OP and add the following thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=91705
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi,

This thread has pretty well run its course, and isn?t providing any constructive/civilised discussion/feedback, so due to this as well as the nature of the original post/discussion of moderation/high number of flaming/trolling posts in this thread; I'm closing this thread down. That said, thank you to the community members who remained calm and level headed - if the original poster would like to start a new thread up and provide more constructive feedback we would encourage you to do so.

1. For future reference please remember that it helps a great deal when posts which violate the PWE Community Rules and Policies are not responded to and are reported via submitting a Forums and Website Ticket (click here).

2. If you feel you need to get in touch with PWE BranFlakes to discuss the actions taken by any Community Moderator, you can do so by submitting a Forums and Website ticket (click here).

Cheers, :)

Tobar26th
This discussion has been closed.