test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

boff efficiency question

zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
edited August 2012 in The Academy
I know from wiki that efficiency stops working when power is at 75 or higher....

However whats not clear is if the skill is based of the base power setting or the current power setting after skill + buffs

eg if i set aux power to base of 60, will it benefit from efficiency even tho its current power has reached 83 due to skills and gear?
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• attilio87attilio87 Member Posts: 264 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    It is actually fairly easy to figure out. The efficiency passive ability increases your player's Starship Warp Core Efficiency skill. If you read the description of that skill it says that "The lower your power level in a subsystem, the more of a bonus you get in that subsystem. This skill grants no bonus to a subsystem if your power level in that subsystem is at or above 75."

So if you set it to 60 and it is increased to 83 due to equipment, I believe it is still affected by Efficiency.
    attilio.png
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's nice if you throw all of your power into just one or two subsystems. You get a really nice bonus if a subsystem is at 25.

I keep my base engine power at 25, and it stays up over 50 power thanks to a combination of warp core efficiency, warp core potential, efficient BOffs, and assimilated engine.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zanthe25 wrote: »
    I know from wiki that efficiency stops working when power is at 75 or higher....

However whats not clear is if the skill is based of the base power setting or the current power setting after skill + buffs

eg if i set aux power to base of 60, will it benefit from efficiency even tho its current power has reached 83 due to skills and gear?

if you want lots of details on ships power, read my Beginner's Guide to Ships power guide. It's a sticked thread in the Federation and Klingon Shipyards sections. First a bit of background, your base power levels are depending upon your power settings. Anything (be it a console, skill bonus or equipment) that adds to the base power level is a power setting bonus. And all of the power setting bonuses, regardless of their source, stack until your hit the max power of 125. If you remember the above then everything else about ship spower will fall into place.

To answer your question specifically, Efficiency based power setting bonuses depend only upon the power setting of the subsystem. No other power setting bonus matters.